Ebay Alternative...Any Success with Overstock.com - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 04-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 83%
Default Ebay Alternative...Any Success with Overstock.com

Hello, I just recently opened Overstock auctions. I was selling electronics and the biiding got high very quick. So I listed my first item and bids were flying. I day left on the auction and so I listed 3 more. Then BAM Suspendid account I got this message. My question is anyone had success with this and do you have to go slow like ebay?

Thank you for using Overstock Auctions.

Your account has been suspended. Please provide the following for possible reinstatement.

A government issued ID (with a clear picture) and a utility bill with matching name & address. You can block out other information.

Original receipts, drop ship contracts, or manufacturer authorization for resale.

Anything else you feel will further establish your identity and merchandising rights.

Please fax these documents to:

(801)947-3205

Questions? Contact us at info@auctions.overstock.com or respond directly to this email.

Thank you,
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-16-2010

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchef2777 View Post
Hello, I just recently opened Overstock auctions. I was selling electronics and the biiding got high very quick. So I listed my first item and bids were flying. I day left on the auction and so I listed 3 more. Then BAM Suspendid account I got this message. My question is anyone had success with this and do you have to go slow like ebay?

Original receipts, drop ship contracts, or manufacturer authorization for resale.

Anything else you feel will further establish your identity and merchandising rights.
Vero items? Otherwise why these requirements?
Old 04-16-2010

Longevity: 82%

what were you selling?
Old 04-16-2010

Longevity: 81%

Ecrater is probably the only other site worth listing on other than Ebay, Craigslist or Amazon.
Old 04-16-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 83%
Default d

Yeah I was selling named brand electronics. I dont know If I was linked to suspended account or just listed to fast?
Old 04-24-2010

Default Free Online Auction Site

Try Esellonline it's a great place to post all of you stuff for free.

No Fees, No charges

The best free online auction site on the web

Esell Online | Free Online Auction site Buy and Sell stuff for Free
Old 04-24-2010

Send a message via AIM to Stream

Esellonline is so dead. I only seen about 100 items for sell. I will say its good to sell high risk items.

Esellonline must be 2010 fresh.

EDIT:

ROFL after I read who posted the post about Esellonline I see why they said its great!
Old 04-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

they are all dead lets face it

Ive got an account on, Second Hand Clothes - Designer Clothes - Buy and sell new or nearly new designer clothes and clothing at low prices.
but sales are sparce
Old 04-24-2010
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I sell online.... you sell online... can I buy a vowel?
Old 04-25-2010

Default Stream Your Right

Your right Stream, I don't have allot of people posting right now and your right Esell Online | Free Online Auction site Buy and Sell stuff for Free was opened in 2010, But at least my site is truly free not like some sites that say there free and then when you sign up you need to pay $20.00 to start posting.

I'm looking for support, Need help

Thank you in advance

Old 06-03-2010

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by esellonline View Post
Your right Stream, I don't have allot of people posting right now and your right Esell Online | Free Online Auction site Buy and Sell stuff for Free was opened in 2010, But at least my site is truly free not like some sites that say there free and then when you sign up you need to pay $20.00 to start posting.

I'm looking for support, Need help

Thank you in advance

Misspelled words in bold type on your FAQ page is a big turn off to most sellers.
Old 06-03-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

As for Overstock, I sell There, They are Not as Strict, like Ebay/Amazon, But they do want The same type of info, Also they Call you Fairly Often (about once every 3 months For me) and ask you different things about some of your Transactions, Experiences, ect,ect. I suspect that all that will go away if the site EVER gets Busy and they will turn into something like Ebay.

I joined the site to Dump VERO Items that I could not sell on Ebay, only to find out that it is not much easier on overstock.

The only reason that I was able to Keep the account from Permanent Suspension was my experience on Ebay. I Survived 1 Warning, and a Suspension, and Satisfied 2 seperate product Inquires)

I have sold there for over a year there, in about 10 different VERY Popular catagories, I average about 1 Sale a week, 75% of my Auctions expire without bids, No Page Views, ect.

The Items that do get Bid on usually Go for about 20% less than what I get for the Same item on an Ebay Auction. The "Make it Mine" (Buy it Now) Option is EVEN Worse, People who want to Buy an Item Immediatly will go to the Main Overstock Site. The Auction Site and the Main Overstock site have independant search engines which really Sucks.

Its a Waste of time, I hardly list there anymore.

I still Have the account and "Play" with it a little, Just in case Someday Overstock Auctions get Hot.

Last edited by slapped; 06-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
sonnydonut (06-21-2010)