Listing items on Craigslist for shipping - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 07-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Listing items on Craigslist for shipping

I have been eyeing CL lately as an option to possibly offload some spare inventory without risking ebay/amazon accounts, but was wondering what success any of you have had with listing items around the country that you will need to ship. I listed two awhile back but had no real luck, but if I could crack this egg... CL has huge potential because people are almost as familiar with CL as they are with ebay, but it seems like most people want their stuff locally (which, admittedly, is what classifieds are for). Has anybody had any success with this?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-20-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

I've had a lot of local success with Craigslist but other then that, eBay and Amazon is where you want to be.
Old 08-19-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Craigslist is a great way to unload your leftover vero junk that a person would get stuck with if they sold that kind of thing on ebay/amazon.......At least thats what my FRIEND says....LOL
Old 08-19-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Been fooling around with CL and Kijiji to list some items and try to direct some traffic to website

Kijiji [ebay classifieds] keeps moving my ads to retail and getting zero traffic - So my findings, its a bust
Kijiji Canada is pretty good. I have only used it local. But always sell whats on there in a day or two
Craigslist - Getting 20 or so extra visits to my site a day. So not bad. Thats with two cities posted. I have noticed within 24 hours traffic is gone, so you need to re-post lots. And if you try and list same ad you need to change up all the wording or they wont let you. Even if you delete old one. So doing it regularly and in a bunch of cities would be a fair amount of work.

I know CL is the big guy I guess, but every bit helps.
Not looking for eBay killers naturally. But any extra edge in sales is always welcome!

Any other free classified sites and even auction sites you are using with some traffic success?
Old 09-01-2010

Longevity: 79%

Had few lists on CL outside my area....and only 1 was shipped...everyone in CL wants things local.....

its tough to ship on CL....i did it through paypal.......
Old 09-09-2010

I sell lots of Vero Items on Craigslist....It's great because I can meet locally and get cash...and I ship and accept paypal. I love Craigslist for the items I sell. I sale on Ebay too...but Its hard...I sell HIGH RISH VERO items...100% Authentic but it's still hard...but it's a piece of CAKE ON CRAIGSLIST
Old 10-06-2010

Longevity: 93%

In my opinion, craiglist is strictly local, I have tried gearing it like ebay with shipping, even cheap shipping or free shipping and cheap prices no success. Only locally can be successful I think. also, i havent used CL in a long time but when I did they clearly had a huge bold and yellow message that said all cross border transactions were a scam to warn buyers, not sure if they have that now. Also a few years back chinese started to abuse CL hardcore with posting spammy message with pictures of nike shoes and 49 USD, bla bla, I think that would confuse ppl even more...
Old 10-24-2010

Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

SWIM says selling vero is great on CL! hahahaha
Old 11-05-2010

Longevity: 78%

I bought 1 or 2 items through mail from people on Craigslist. I was nervous and skeptical as all hell, but to my surprise and delight, they turned out to be honest and shipped my stuff out.

But in general, I HATE CL. I used it yeah, but I dread it. CL seems to be a magnet for the biggest douche bags around. If they aren't a tire kicking buyer with a sob story, they're some lazy loser who's trying to get eBay prices for their junk. I hear "well, I can get ___ for it on eBay" so much, it's predictable.

If that's the case, go sell it on eBay you lazy slob!
Old 11-14-2010
Threadstarter  

+1 to above post, I love CL but it does seem to be a magnet for a ton of goofballs.