Is it possible purchase from taobao? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Is it possible purchase from taobao?

I heard it's like China's ebay

I'm wondering if anyone outside China has ever purchased anything on that site!!

Can it be done?

Last edited by Thankful; 08-24-2010 at 09:59 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-24-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I've tried looking on that site, but it is in CHINESE! Of course, since it is located in China and geared for China, this is normal. But I can't read it.

I tried using the Google translator, but it definitely misses something.

You might try AliExpress for legitimate items. Or DHgate, but that is the counterfeit capital of the internet.
Old 08-25-2010
Threadstarter  

Yeah I also tried using a translator for that site your right does miss things. I wonder if anyone outside of China has been able to somehow!

I use DHgate actually found a legit supplier although it's full of rubbish from most sellers.
Old 08-26-2010

Longevity: 84%

You can still get by with google translator, it's a little aukward, but any legit product still sells for about the same as over here so don't really see the point of using them.
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

There are Thousands of Taobao "Buying Agents" That will buy on Toaboa for you, jute Google it. Here is an Example of one: TaobaoDirect.com ~ USA Taobao buying agent ~ Simplfy your Taobao Shopping Experience
Old 08-31-2010

I bought on taobao before, it's all in chinese, google translate didn't really help a lot. I bought through a buying agent in China helloeasybuy, their site has got some useful tips on how to shop on taobao. Actually you can just ignore the chinese words, and just see the picture displayed and the price instead, you can also type in English in the search bar to look for what you want. Hope this help.
Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

Yes,you can see the picture ,and then you will know what product you need to buy,it is easy if you really want to buy it.

taobao and alibaba are belong to 1 same company
Old 09-08-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
There are Thousands of Taobao "Buying Agents" That will buy on Toaboa for you, jute Google it. Here is an Example of one: TaobaoDirect.com ~ USA Taobao buying agent ~ Simplfy your Taobao Shopping Experience
I suggest that you provide quality control service for your customers because there're lots of poor quality products on taobao . if your customers buy counterfeit products or poor quality products ,they really can't use your service again .
The Following User Says Thank You to ebaydropship For This Useful Post:
weiwei (09-09-2010)
Old 12-21-2010

Longevity: 80%
Question hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I've tried looking on that site, but it is in CHINESE! Of course, since it is located in China and geared for China, this is normal. But I can't read it.

I tried using the Google translator, but it definitely misses something.

You might try AliExpress for legitimate items. Or DHgate, but that is the counterfeit capital of the internet.
What IS. counterfeit Dhgate or aliexplress or both ? Thanks
Old 12-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Both DHGate and Aliexpress do have some sellers that sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products. You can also find legit products on both of sites too if you look around enough.
Old 12-29-2010

Longevity: 77%

Thanks God I found this site It is like impossible to buy from TaoBao without talking to the seller because there are so many listings listed so tricky. I was once trying to get some sneakers and I found a seller with good price and quality(maybe) on TaoBao.com. SO glad that I talked to seller because the price he listed was for 1 sneaker!!!!!! That meant you need to X2 on the price in order to get a PAIR of sneakers. I laughed my butt off and went on. Also, don't think those brand products are cheaper to get from them b/c they are not, plus custom taxes, the stuff should be more expensive than how much we can get here so you can definitely tell they are not real. They do have 1:1 counterfeit which it is hard to tell it is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ copy just by looking at it and of course, the price is not much lower than the original ones. There are a few different levels of counterfeits and the price can tell pretty much tells you the differences.
Old 02-02-2011
MU

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
Both DHGate and Aliexpress do have some sellers that sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ products. You can also find legit products on both of sites too if you look around enough.

Really Such as
Old 02-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 76%

Can anyone give me a couple of sellers names from Dhgate or Aliexplress that are trustworthy and will they tell you which items are counterfeit and which ones you can count on being authentic. I'm a total noobie at this whole thing and really need to find a good supplier with products that I can trust. Thanks!
Old 02-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Can anyone give me a couple of sellers names from Dhgate or Aliexplress that are trustworthy and will they tell you which items are counterfeit and which ones you can count on being authentic. I'm a total noobie at this whole thing and really need to find a good supplier with products that I can trust. Thanks!
Listen,, EVERYTHING with a Brand Name on it Found on those sites is Counterfeit. Make That you Golden Rule and you will be Ok.
Old 02-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Default You must talk to the seller

hello,
I'm from HongKong.
I can tell you that you must talk to the seller before your buy anything in TAOBAO.
Old 02-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Listen,, EVERYTHING with a Brand Name on it Found on those sites is Counterfeit. Make That you Golden Rule and you will be Ok.
Ya, that's what I'm thinking. I just need to find one seller to talk to that will be honest with me. How do ya' find one of those???
Old 02-18-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

see the feedback profile...
and ... most of them don't know English...

if you don't fimiliar with China, be careful,
some of the sellers can just take your money and disappear...
i can tell you that you won't have any method to find them...
thats China...
Old 02-20-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeye View Post
Ya, that's what I'm thinking. I just need to find one seller to talk to that will be honest with me. How do ya' find one of those???
You know what I do to test sellers Honesty, I take a Look at what they are selling,,, Then,I ask if a particular item that they are selling is Counterfeit or not, One that I KNOW is counterfeit, and see what there awnser is, and go from there.
Old 02-21-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

you don't need to test,
99% is selling Counterfeit
Old 02-21-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Thanks for your responses guys, are there any products from dhgate that aren't bogus that are good for resale? I just don't want to waste my time if everything ya' get from China is bogus!
Old 02-22-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

what is dhgate ?
Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 77%

I have been purchasing from TaoBao and sell them worldwide. To be honest, if you really want to take taobao as one of your buying resources, a translator and buying agents are not enough because you just got to be there yourself to make sure about the quality. You don't want to ship things back b/c the high shipping costs and also think about you got to do that twice or more, how stressful that would be!!!!! It is also not good idea at all if you need products with brands like Nike, it is always cheaper here and it is why there are Chinese in foreign countries would buy lots of name brands locally and sell them on taobao or take them back to China. They separate their Counterfeits with grade A, B, C. Grade A is like 1:1 copy which you can not tell without a serial #. I buy from taobao and alibaba China but I never do any name brands though and I have NOT had any single time that i don't have ship some back for exchange if i buy them wholesale. Pls remember, more sellers than you can think on those sites, they do their biz like there will not be no tomorrow! It is not only about how they do biz, it is more like Culture b/c they know, it is all they can do for 99.99999999% people.
Closed Thread