amazon acct got suspended after passing the 30 days hold - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 09-08-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default amazon acct got suspended after passing the 30 days hold

hi there ,

this is weird , i was selling software and thy put my acct on hold (review) for 30 days. and after i begged all of my buyers to leave me a positive feedback , finally i was able to get 3 of them to leave me excellent feedback but then after i made the disbursement and Waite about a week to list new item i got hit with a suspended notice from amazon basically saying your acct is suspended because you may be selling copy media and the rest of the bababbabababblah, so they suspended my acct , anyway any one knows how to appeal this or what could i do to get my acct back specially after knowing the fact that i have all positive feedback and 0 claims. thanks a lot and i appreciate all of your help
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazin_o View Post
hi there ,

this is weird , i was selling software and thy put my acct on hold (review) for 30 days. and after i begged all of my buyers to leave me a positive feedback , finally i was able to get 3 of them to leave me excellent feedback but then after i made the disbursement and Waite about a week to list new item i got hit with a suspended notice from amazon basically saying your acct is suspended because you may be selling copy media and the rest of the bababbabababblah, so they suspended my acct , anyway any one knows how to appeal this or what could i do to get my acct back specially after knowing the fact that i have all positive feedback and 0 claims. thanks a lot and i appreciate all of your help
no way to appeal this, if your price was too low compared to all the other sellers....amazon thinks your selling phakes. how old was the selling account and how much sales did you have going through the account?
Old 09-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Amazon randomly suspends accounts - software is always a rough domain whether legit or not...hell i sold used books on an account and got suspended for recopied software.

No way around - account is done.
Old 09-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Unless you are buying your media (DVD's, software, whatever) from a major distributor and can PROVE it is legitimate, then you cannot appeal this.

Amazon believes that you MAY BE selling counterfeit items. If you are buying DVD's or software from China, then they ARE counterfeit items.

Amazon is VERY UNFORGIVING about this. However, if your copies are legitimate and purchased from a REAL distributor (Ingram Entertainment, Baker & Taylor, etc.) and you have REAL invoices for your products then you can try to appeal.

Don't bother trying to tell them that you bought closeouts, etc. They will not believe you. Contrary to what many people believe, Amazon does not have to PROVE that you are selling counterfeit merchandise, they can cancel you on suspicion alone.

Amazon is a large purchaser of Media and they KNOW what real distributor pricing is. So, when you try to sell a $200 box set of DVD's for $79.99, they KNOW there is a 99.999% chance that you are selling phakes.

Please don't misunderstand... I am NOT judging you, and I am NOT accusing you of selling counterfeits. I am just telling you the REALITY of your situation as it pertains to Amazon.
Old 09-08-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,920 Times in 8,212 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Another well thought out post by jeffweico ha.

Yes, doesnt matter your feedback, your longetivity, etc. - Amazon is all about 100% Quality - they sniff anything...and you're out.

New accounts for you if you arent dealing with big retail distributors...
Old 10-04-2010

Longevity: 79%

I just got two accounts closed as well....selling media items...all positive feedback...damm amazon...why wont you let me sell more.....
Old 10-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Here is the thing. Amazon does NOT want to be known as eBay v2.0 - so they actively police their site and look for people selling counterfeits. And two categories that receive their special attention are DVD's and software.

Amazon sells large volumes of these items and gets better pricing from the distributors than YOU will get. So, when the Amazon price for a DVD Box set is $149 and YOUR price is $99, they will cancel your account.

Just because you have good feedback does not mean they will leave you alone. They know that eventually there will be a problem and that makes them look bad in their customer's eyes.

Here are some telltale signs that a seller is selling counterfeits:

1) Selling DVD's at prices lower than Amazon can buy them from their distributors.
2) Sellers who list only the expensive box sets - the exact same titles that are available on DHgate.com
3) Customer complaints of scratched or scuffed DVD's.
4) Customer complaints of receiving DVD's that look used and repackaged.
5) Customer complaints about discs that will not play.
6) Customer complaints about Disney DVD's lacking slipcovers.
7) Customer complaints about Disney DVD's lacking the inserts with the "Magic Codes"
8) Customer complaints about DVD's that play in Chinese by default.
9) Customer complaints about DVD's that come with packaging that looks different than what is pictured on their website.
10) Customer complaints about wrong UPC codes.
11) Customer complaints about misspellings on the packaging.

The movie studios have their faults, to be sure, but they do NOT produce discs with major quality problems, wrong UPC codes, misspellings, missing inserts, etc. YES, customers can buy a DVD from the studios that will not play, but it is rare. When you have 5% of your customers contacting you to get replacement discs as what you sent is defective, that is a SURE SIGN of counterfeits. No movie studio would tolerate that type of failure rate from their manufacturers - the manufacturers would lose their business instantly.

There is no such thing as a major studio release of a recent movie that is encoded as "Region ZERO" or "ALL".

Most movies released in America will either be in English only, or maybe also have audio or subtitles in Spanish, French and Portugese - but NOT in "Traditional Chinese", "Mandarin", "Thai" and "Japanese".

Also, there is no way to legally purchase REAL DVD's directly from China. It is illegal to import anything that is copyrighted or trademarked without a Letter of Authority from the copyright or trademark owner. So if your vendor on DHgate told you that the DVD's are real, guess what? THEY LIED!

The bottom line is, Amazon is NOT STUPID! They know what is going on.