iOffer - What do you all think of Ioffer? -AND you can transfer your + EBAY feedback! - Page 4 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 05-21-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%

iOffer update: As of today I've sold a grand total of $27.50 in 1 month's time.... But that was before I raised the price from $1.95 to $2.95, and now $3.95. Also I was inactive for 5 days due to restricted sales because of no feedback. I could do that much in 5 hours on ebay.

An interesting thing. I noticed a seller making massive profits. He sells photoshop, windows xp, vista, rosetta stone, roxio, and some other software. Of course they are all ⊗⊗⊗⊗ but he just joined in March 2008 and already has 400 sales with each ⊗⊗⊗⊗ CD bringing in about $30 a piece!!! One of the highest searched words on iOffer is Rosetta Stone. I'm not advocating counterfeit software sales but man, with that much money its temping.... I remember reading that some dude made $2million selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗ software on ebay before he got owned by the FBI! Could this happen on ioffer too? The buyers do know they are buying ⊗⊗⊗⊗ copies.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-21-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

Wait a minute, 400 sales x $30.....Ok you carry the one, multiple that by 2, divided by... holy **** that's a a 200 million dollars!
Old 05-21-2008

dammn
400 sales multiplied by 30ea. is $12,000
=O
that is alot of money.
this is soo tempting
Old 05-28-2008

Longevity: 95%
Talking >> Take YOUR Positive FB to IOFFER! --Use MR. GRABBER!

FOlks:
Many Ebay Long time sellers are going over to Ioffer.com,
You can take your Positive fb with you!
Use their Mr. Grabber! and POOF! You start out with 1,000,2,000 fb!

Heres a link in ebay discussion boards..

eBay Forums: WHERE BUYERS AND SELLERS ARE GOING! ...
Old 05-29-2008

Longevity: 94%

if anyone has an ebay account with about 100 FB one or two negs and not planning to use it for ioffer please pm me details
Old 05-29-2008

Also, you can import feedback from a suspended account, which is always good :D
Old 06-08-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default how to import feedback from a suspended acc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
Also, you can import feedback from a suspended account, which is always good :D
how to import feedback from a suspended acc?
Old 06-08-2008
Executive [VIP]

I like this idea, shame its not available on oztion or somthing.
Old 06-09-2008

Jerry, just use your login credentials that you used for a suspended account.
Old 06-09-2008

HI: YES- just tell Mr. Grabber what you want to do--IMport fb--from ebay--then log into that acct -to give auth---BE CAREFUL!!!!

>> I DID MINE FROM A LIBRARY!!!!!
Old 06-09-2008

So... does eBay log the IP that you give your credentials from? Please say no...
Old 06-09-2008

ebay will log you IP anytime you login in to eBay this includes authenticating a third party like netvibes, auctiva, or mr grabber.
Old 06-10-2008

Oh dear. Maybe this was why my last account got suspended... as I imported feedback from ebay to Mr grabber from a suspended account!

Dear lord, what a <div> I am. Thinking about it, was about a week after I tried Mr grabber that my eeb account got suspended.
Old 06-11-2008

I used Mr GRABBER on iOffer so I started out with like 600 Positives, imported from a suspended account.....Only problem is, iOffer = Zero Traffic = Zero Sales....I haven't sold anything on iOffer since I signed up 3 months ago....
Old 06-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rond100 View Post
ebay will log you IP anytime you login in to eBay this includes authenticating a third party like netvibes, auctiva, or mr grabber.

That is incorrect. ebay will not log your IP from mr grabber because no ebay token is generated. mr grabber takes your login info and logs in from their servers, the same way esnipe does.
Old 06-12-2008

HI: This--I do not know for certain--but I am always cautious//maybe even PARANOID??
Old 06-12-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion View Post
That is incorrect. ebay will not log your IP from mr grabber because no ebay token is generated. mr grabber takes your login info and logs in from their servers, the same way esnipe does.
That was my understanding as well... I hope this is the case!

And I have had 0 success with iOffer :( My hit count is 0 after signing up several months ago. But I still have hope that eventually traffic will start moving in that direction.

After all, they are 2nd in regards to # of listings according to this site: Auction site count, Keep track of the number of listings on auction sites

And I've noticed that sellers with similar inventory to mine have a steady stream of ratings (their equivalent to feedback) coming in, meaning they've been getting sales regularly, but not nearly the same traffic as I've had on eBay. I'm going to test what other types of inventory might sell better on iOffer. I might need to think of a different market to target.

Lets hope more traffic moves to iOffer!
Old 06-12-2008

I am kinda scared of Ioffer I have seen some of the items that are put up...YIKES!!
Old 06-12-2008

I am making $300 a month on ioffer. Thats only 10% of what I made on ebay. But its rising too. In fact I get sales almost every hour of the day and am having problems delivering it. Alot of folks from Australia buying my stuff at 4am and expect instant delivery of digital items.
Old 06-12-2008

Longevity: 96%

I have been watching my competition in one specific area on Ioffer and they not sold a single item for more then a month now. Dont know if its the low traffic count or they are alittle high on pricing but they are not selling.
Old 06-24-2008

Default My iOffer.com Review

I've been on iOffer for awhile now so I thought I'd share my thoughts and a review on them. This would help sellers here to determine if iOffer is right for them, since iOffer seems to be the 2nd runner up in auctions next to ebay. Since I've been suspended from ebay, I searched high and low for the best alternative site for ebay. Believe me, I've become an expert in ebay alternative sites.

Background:

I was selling digital items on ebay and making good money (in the thousands per month). Then I get suspended for miscategorization of digital items, after ebay's new digital item policy. After march 31st, 2008, ebay only allows digital items in the classified ad format or you have to make a CD and physically ship it. These 2 choices were not for me so I looked for alternatives. Since ebay basically banned digital items, it made no since for me to make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ accounts like in the Stealth Book here, as I am only going to sell digital stuff and digital stuff is banned now. Which is why I looked for alternative sites.

iOffer.com facts:

The site is buggy. Some buttons don't work, etc. The site is slow. I went on whois.com and found out they only have 2 servers and 25 employees. Questions get answered in 3 days average. Alot of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ everythings, especially purses, DVD box sets, software like XP, Vista, Rosetta Stone, and MS Office, all for like $25 or less. Calculates Final value fee including shipping.
They have a program called C.O.P.S. which is like VERO on ebay. However they don't do anything, they leave it up for the rights owners.

iOffer.com the good:

Has Mr. Grabber, a program which grabs your feedback and even listings from ebay. You can list anything in any category. For example, a shirt in the electronics section. Therefore, you can spam iOffer. They say they check but really don't. No listing fees, and no fees unless you sell. Has tools to submit to google base. Integrated with paypal and google checkout. Has 4.5 million listings and 1 million unique visitors a month. The best next to ebay. Listens to suggestions. iOffer has a thread on their forum where you can list suggestions and sometimes they do it. For example, they made pics up to 6 free.

iOffer.com the bad:

Mr. Grabber only transfers feedback numbers and percentage positive. Doesn't transfer comments etc. Can't get all listings transfered. Alot of non paying buyers. Get stupid buyers offering you less than cost for your items. ⊗⊗⊗⊗ everywhere. Has 4.5 million listings but listings never expire. They stay up forever as long as the seller is still registered or ends listing, whereas ebay's listings always end. This is important in determining listing numbers to determine which site is best. Temporarily suspends you if you sell 4 items without feedback. Slow site. Buggy site. ebay has 13.5 million listings and 16 million unique visitors, thus pwning iOffer. Spends like $300 a month on advertising, whereas ebay spends $100,000 plus a month. iOffer has 60,000 external links to it, whereas ebay has 16 million links to ebay.

My personal experiences/opinon/sales figures:

Best ebay alternative IMO. I have 25 duplicate listings on there but I only get 10% or less of ebay sales numbers. My best month on ebay was $3k whereas my best month on iOffer is $200 (this month June 2008). Keep in mind I sell digital items. However, my sales were dragged down for being suspended for 1 week because I suggested to forum members who got suspended for no feedback, to paypal buyers $1.00 to buy feedback, which is what I did. iOffer read my comment, deleted it, and suspended me. When I asked why, they told me so and made me promise to not do it again, which I promised and I was unsuspended. I've been on iOffer for 2 and 1/2 months and gross sales are around $300. Not good but better than nothing. Not integrated with e-junkie.com, which I use for my automated digital downloads. Now I have to manually send emails. This is only important for digital item sellers. My sales however are increasing, as I've learned how to spam iOffer with my listings etc. But it takes much more effort than ebay to get to the same sales numbers.

I hope this has been informational to you guys. Please add to this if you know additional info. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to 411guru For This Useful Post:
Artisan (11-22-2012)
Old 06-24-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Good Review 411guru, thanks!