Got them Back after Image Theft - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 06-23-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Talking Got them Back after Image Theft

I have another seller that stole my photos and even linked to my images at my hosting account, even stole my item description where I have a link "see my other items..." How lazy!

Anyhow, for the image, I retook the photos and used the file name. I photographed a BUNCH of extra items and added bold text on the image "BUY IT NOW, GET ALL THIS FOR FREE"...

Am I being bad?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ruehl For This Useful Post:
colt63 (08-03-2011), GrannyT (06-24-2011), newjerseymax (06-27-2011), oompaloompa (06-24-2011), sagarbest (07-27-2011), TGMT² (06-24-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-23-2011

Longevity: 83%

No your being stupid.

You should have reported it to E-Bay. Instead you are attempting to get other buyers to leave NFB for the seller, which could get you banned.
Old 06-23-2011
Threadstarter  

I did report the item, 3 times. Each time, eBay gave me a message (paraphrased):

No need to report again. eBay weighs how much much a problem this is for members and takes appropriate action. Due to privacy, we cannot share with you our decision in the matter.

Then they give me tips on how to Watermark my images.
Old 06-24-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruehl View Post
Am I being bad?
Actually, I think that was very clever. Good Job!
Old 06-24-2011

i like it
Old 06-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruehl View Post
I did report the item, 3 times. Each time, eBay gave me a message (paraphrased):

No need to report again. eBay weighs how much much a problem this is for members and takes appropriate action. Due to privacy, we cannot share with you our decision in the matter.

Then they give me tips on how to Watermark my images.
I understand your frustration, but it's bad karma to mess with other sellers account.

The other seller was just being lazy and the fine is usually just a warning for using other people's images.

What you are trying to do goes way beyond what E-bay will do to the seller. What happens next if buyers see the photo and have a dispute with the seller?

The other seller will know it's you, then you have a war on your hands. These E-Bay accounts are real easy to mess with, and it works both ways.

I admit it's a clever idea, and if you can pull it off, good for you.
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

On Amazon or ebay?

aw, ebay moved to t'other auction sites subforum.
Old 06-24-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
Instead you are attempting to get other buyers to leave NFB for the seller, which could get you banned.
I'm sorry, but that's some really stupid logic towards the OP's action.
Old 06-24-2011

Longevity: 75%

eB ignored you because your listing contained wordings that didn't come from you.

Funny, Granny was just comparing how eB is immature against amaz. You could've used the picture situation to help your own sales. By advertise your own listings, or use them to point out your superior service. Instead, you choose to start a war you may or may not be able to stop before your account is ruined.

At the very least, change the picture to 2 dogs copulating so the offending listing is taken down immediately.
The Following User Says Thank You to stillselling For This Useful Post:
sagarbest (07-27-2011)
Old 06-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillselling View Post

At the very least, change the picture to 2 dogs copulating so the offending listing is taken down immediately.
Now that's cool!
Old 06-24-2011

Longevity: 76%

if you threaten him, he may fire back, so doing it a silent but deadly way may be best.
Old 06-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiN4RY View Post
I'm sorry, but that's some really stupid logic towards the OP's action.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

IMHO the seller that used the link is subject to a warning for a first offense.

The OP's account is now subject to possible suspension for trying to circumvent E-Bay policy enforcement and deliberately attempting to cause problems with the other seller's account

The other seller might have a few ideas of their own too.

The dogs humping idea seems more clever than the OP's idea, and would have accomplished the same thing with less risk.to the OP.
Old 06-24-2011

I dont understand at all how it's stupid or how he is "starting a war" they're his pictures let the OP do what he wants lol.
Old 06-24-2011
Threadstarter  

Ok, here's the update.

I woke up after a night's sleep, and their auction is gone within 12 hours of my report.

I got a follow-up email that action was (finally) taken after submitting my 4th report. So, finally they enforced the image theft policy and the seller probably didn't get to experience my wrath. Oh well... no harm done and peace prevails.
Old 06-24-2011

Longevity: 78%

I fully approve of what you did. He is not "sabotaging" another seller. The seller sabotaged themself when they stole images and item descriptions. You have every right and should take actions like this in your defense. I fully study karmic cycles amoung other metaphysical and esoteric subjects and this WILL NOT come back to affect you karmically. Someone performed an action (stealing your stuff), the reaction is you getting a laugh from changing the picture. It is a full karmic cycle. Now if you stole their images or tried to hack their account or make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyer accounts to bring that seller down, that would start a different karmic cycle that would come back to bite you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Axcend For This Useful Post:
KingRay (07-30-2011)
Old 06-24-2011

That was funny to read and would be funny to see the reaction of this moron that think he can just copy other's listings lol
Old 06-24-2011

good job it doesnt matter they stole your imagines i would do the same if i knew how lol
Old 06-24-2011

karma is bull if you ask me
Old 06-24-2011

Nice nice lol
Old 06-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
I fully approve of what you did. He is not "sabotaging" another seller. The seller sabotaged themself when they stole images and item descriptions. You have every right and should take actions like this in your defense. I fully study karmic cycles amoung other metaphysical and esoteric subjects and this WILL NOT come back to affect you karmically. Someone performed an action (stealing your stuff), the reaction is you getting a laugh from changing the picture. It is a full karmic cycle. Now if you stole their images or tried to hack their account or make ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyer accounts to bring that seller down, that would start a different karmic cycle that would come back to bite you.
The Op was setting up the other seller for NFB and Item Not As Described claims.

Here's a possible scenario that could have happened.

The Op changes the photo linked to a BIN listing. The listing could have a quantity of a 100 or more. The OP never mentioned warning the other seller about the dispute.

So the other seller could get 100's of orders for a item and not know anything is wrong.The customers wouldn't know what going on and just think it's a bargain. The items are shipped, and then all hell breaks loose when the item doesn't match the photo.

All the customers then start filing claims and leaving NFB.The sellers account is toast now, so they complain to E-Bay about the OP.

The other seller isn't too slick and doesn't know stealth, but has lot's of inbred kin folk. So all of them start buying items from the OP. After they buy the items, they all decide to cancel their orders and leave NFB instead.

So the end result is both seller accounts are history, which is the way these battles usually end up

None of this sounds very stealth like to me, but the other seller was saved from the OP's wrath so it all has a happy ending.

Last edited by Road-Kill; 06-24-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-25-2011

Quote:
The Op was setting up the other seller for NFB and Item Not As Described claims.

The Op changes the photo linked to a BIN listing. The listing could have a quantity of a 100 or more. The OP never mentioned warning the other seller about the dispute.

So the other seller could get 100's of orders for a item and not know anything is wrong.The customers wouldn't know what going on and just think it's a bargain. The items are shipped, and then all hell breaks loose when the item doesn't match the photo.

All the customers then start filing claims and leaving NFB.The sellers account is toast now, so they complain to E-Bay about the OP.

The other seller isn't too slick and doesn't know stealth, but has lot's of inbred kin folk. So all of them start buying items from the OP. After they buy the items, they all decide to cancel their orders and leave NFB instead.

So the end result is both seller accounts are history, which is the way these battles usually end up

None of this sounds very stealth like to me, but the other seller was saved from the OP's wrath so it all has a happy ending.

What are the chances of that. He did a good thing
Old 06-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

IMHO the seller that used the link is subject to a warning for a first offense.

The OP's account is now subject to possible suspension for trying to circumvent E-Bay policy enforcement and deliberately attempting to cause problems with the other seller's account

The other seller might have a few ideas of their own too.

The dogs humping idea seems more clever than the OP's idea, and would have accomplished the same thing with less risk.to the OP.
Just because you stated an opinion it does not automatically make what you just said correct and considered logical. The logic applied in your opinion is completely irrelevant and your view is incredibly single sided and bias.
You are basically saying that the person who stole the OP's listing and used his resources without consent did absolutely nothing wrong, while the OP should be punished for manipulating his OWN content at his own will.

Quote:

You sure are a stubborn one

Last edited by BiN4RY; 06-25-2011 at 01:03 AM.