Hello iOffer question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Unhappy Hello iOffer question

I've read the forums before, but hoped I would never have to post here. Unfortunately, this morning I found my iOffer seller account had been permanently suspended through Warner Bros C.O.P.S. I depend on iOffer sales and I've been doing really well. I'm hoping someone here can give me advice on setting up a new account -- with nothing that Warner Bros can touch -- that will be safe for me to sell from. I had 100% feedback over 2+ years as a seller and a lot of loyal repeat customers. if I can't sell on iOffer I am totally screwed. Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-20-2012

Longevity: 74%

Hi, there
My ioffer account was suspended 2 months ago and i want to open a new one.
Did you have any problems with opening a new account.
Did you use your old information from your previous account (like paypal, name, CC, address, etc)
And did you link your old paypal account or created a new one.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-21-2012
Threadstarter  

Actually, I set up a new account the same day and had a sale within minutes of reposting my first item. I had to use a different CC because you can't have the same credit card on two accounts, but all my other info was exactly the same. So far no problems. According to the iOffer terms of service, you are allowed to have more than one account so you aren't breaking any rules opening another account. You will have to deal with your store being temporarily frozen every time you make a sale until you get enough new feedback, but as long as you mark stuff shipped and are a good seller, that should cease after the first month.
Old 01-23-2012

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by max katz View Post
Actually, I set up a new account the same day and had a sale within minutes of reposting my first item. I had to use a different CC because you can't have the same credit card on two accounts, but all my other info was exactly the same. So far no problems. According to the iOffer terms of service, you are allowed to have more than one account so you aren't breaking any rules opening another account. You will have to deal with your store being temporarily frozen every time you make a sale until you get enough new feedback, but as long as you mark stuff shipped and are a good seller, that should cease after the first month.
Thanks for the reply.
Did you use all same pics in item listings?
I know that ioffer allow to create multiply accounts, but i wasn't sure how COPS can react on the repeat sellers. I mean they suspended your store, but here you are doing it again.
Did they remove any of your listings yet?
Again thank you for the reply. It is good when sellers share this kind of information, so we cann all fight with them :bat:
Old 01-24-2012
Threadstarter  

Everything is the same. Photos, listings, everything.

COPS is an automated system that the copyright holders belong to. iOffer doesn't patrol the listings themselves, and they don't care what you have unless and until a COPS complaint is made. They only suspend your store if more than one listing has a COPS complaint within a 24 hour period. It may even be it has to be more than one complaint by the same copyright holder, but I don't know for sure. I haven't had any trouble so far since I made sure none of re-listings had anything to do with Warner Brothers. One of the two items WB objected to had been in my store for more than two years with no trouble so it came out of the blue for it to be taken down like that.
Old 02-23-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I opened another account with all same details and its been good for 3 years.