Need some advice about Etsy suspension - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-01-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Need some advice about Etsy suspension

I recently got suspended from Etsy. I sold beads and supplies, I sold some angry bird charms not knowing that i would into trouble for trademark. yes i know my stupidity. Anyways, I contacted etsy and ask them if i violated any more polices etc...They said no you are OK. So 6 months or so after i listed an item and in the "tags" section i put beads for pandora bracelet. I forgot about the tag and yesterday my account was suspended for infringment. I didn't use any of the companies photos etc just the one tag was enough for etsy to delete my account.

Anyways, I'm going to ask my bf to open an account in his name and use a new computer at his house to only post on etsy. I used his computer before to access etsy from my other account (the suspended account ) and one of the accounts i had 2 etsy accounts both suspended but one with my address at his home.
If i open another account there would it be traced back to the suspended account.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

eBay Stealth principles also can apply to etsy but be aware of changing how you are selling a.k.a your model - dont make it too similar to old account.
Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

eBay Stealth principles also can apply to etsy but be aware of changing how you are selling a.k.a your model - dont make it too similar to old account.
Rsot

Have you tested this yourself?

Are you selling on Etsy? Doing well?
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

I have applied stealth principles to etsy for some handcrafted stuff - accounts have survived.

I wont say I am doing 'well' because I am not heavy into etsy but the odd sale here and there has happened.

What are you implying Sandy_D?
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Golly gosh, a question from another senior poster in the same vein as many of yours, rsot, is now some conspiracy?

Hmmmm..... hmmmm.

Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Quote:
I have applied stealth principles to etsy for some handcrafted stuff - accounts have survived.

I wont say I am doing 'well' because I am not heavy into etsy but the odd sale here and there has happened.

What are you implying Sandy_D?
Not implying anything but thought with your reply that you have tested it.

Doing well means asking you since you do sell collectible type of items if you have sold well on etsy.

Many people seem to lose their etsy accounts and you are the first to point out that stealth methods can be applied with success.
Old 02-09-2013

Longevity: 65%
Default who owns etsy

hi who owns etsy is that another ebay run company
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by schris142 View Post
hi who owns etsy is that another ebay run company
Luckily no.

Or not at this point. Got started in Brooklyn USA around 2005.

Does use paypal for payments.

Have you looked at the site? It's fun.

They have rules etc but overall selling & buying can be a good experience.

Old 02-10-2013
Banned

I have done well on it.

Actually got more out of some products then would have sold on ebay.

Try it.

I believe they are putting "some" hurt on ebay myself.
Old 02-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

@GB and Sandy_D - it's all good - I was not hinting at some conspiracy

I guess with the attack of a few other posts of mine, I wasnt sure from which viewpoint Sandy was coming from. Seemed open-ended but its fine - no issues.

I would say that my stealth application to etsy works only because I dont sell a ton - its very random - small sale here and there - I didnt know 'doing well' meant surviving....I figured it meant good sales which is far from the truth ha
Old 02-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

I read only vigorous reaction to yet another of your colorful posts, rsot.

Your own questions are often in the same ilk.

Put the victim hat down. Totally uncalled for.

Old 02-10-2013
Banned

Quote:
@GB and Sandy_D - it's all good - I was not hinting at some conspiracy

I guess with the attack of a few other posts of mine, I wasnt sure from which viewpoint Sandy was coming from. Seemed open-ended but its fine - no issues.

I would say that my stealth application to etsy works only because I dont sell a ton - its very random - small sale here and there - I didnt know 'doing well' meant surviving....I figured it meant good sales which is far from the truth ha
Wait rsot.

You ask the same type of questions in post and in pms all the time and I never once thought that way of you. Its an attack from others but then what is it when you ask direct straight questions like this?

I never read a post from you that you were even selling on etsy and then was trying to help someone, so I asked for you to explain your experience with etsy stealth.

The entire thing is if we are going to help others then it needs to be from experience and not just a thought.

If you have stealth etsy experience then many people will be happy to know someone actually experience it.
Old 03-19-2013

Longevity: 71%

Hey :D I am fairly new to etsy and doing better than on ebay at the moment - GREAT news!!.

Just wondered if anyone is successfully running etsy stealths? Is it an eBay Stealth/Amazon Stealth approach?

- I am going to be starting up an Amazon Stealth approach and see how it goes, just wondered if anyone had any experience on this?

Whiteberry x
Old 02-16-2015

Longevity: 53%
Default Re: Need some advice about Etsy suspension

I have found etsy extremely hard to deal with , if you read on internet many people are losing their main source of income with no warning ad etsy doesn't even tell you what you did wrong. and even if its minor they just suspend wit no warning or opportunity to fix. I used a word that was had a copywright I had no idea, was not on purpose and they closed all three accounts...I cannot change my ip address so what do I do now. I opened new accounts all new and took 7 months but they closed my new account no warning
Old 02-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

I wouldn't rely personally on any ONE site as main source of income.

Welcome to the forums judithrose - for your IP issue...who is your provider? Have you tried resetting the modem (NOT the router)?
Old 02-18-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 9%
Longevity: 76%

Quote:
I wouldn't rely personally on any ONE site as main source of income.
People don't learn that aspect until they are finally banned indefinitely. AZ, EB, PP and all the others come off as incredibly innocent until that day comes and it's almost impossible to teach this until someone experiences it themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
novemberrain1970 (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
People don't learn that aspect until they are finally banned indefinitely. AZ, EB, PP and all the others come off as incredibly innocent until that day comes and it's almost impossible to teach this until someone experiences it themselves.
Dang I was trying to quote this not paying attention and hit another button, who knows what that did, sorry!

ANYWAY, you are SO right....the love affair with the online platforms and not really "getting it" til it happens to you, is kind of like the guy people try to warn you about and you don't listen and then one day you end up needing a restraining order and wondering WTF happened.
Old 02-26-2015

Longevity: 54%

I was suspended on etsy and was doing pretty well $150 to $200 a day before suspension after almost a year of selling. Re-opened an account a few weeks later. I won't use anything that could possibly be copyrighted or trademarked because it's just a matter of time etsy will shut you down.

I definitely believe that there is some etsy clique that goes around and reports people. My first account I got reported for using a "word" that was trademarked yet did a search and there were a hundred or so of the SAME item.

After my shutdown I decided to use Ebay as well. Just wish eBay was more consistent with sales.
Old 03-02-2015

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ytowngirl126 View Post
I definitely believe that there is some etsy clique that goes around and reports people.
There is a clique on Etsy boards that go around reporting anyone who says anything contrary to what they say. These people have no lives and don't even sell that much. Posting anything on Etsy boards is best avoided. I also noticed that people who don't kiss Etsy staff's butt also sometimes get this treatment.
Old 03-02-2015

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toml3030 View Post
There is a clique on Etsy boards that go around reporting anyone who says anything contrary to what they say. These people have no lives and don't even sell that much. Posting anything on Etsy boards is best avoided. I also noticed that people who don't kiss Etsy staff's butt also sometimes get this treatment.
Yeah I don't post on the boards nor go to them anymore. The stupid is deep there. You can tell who the frequent posters are and I could tell that they are quick to report.

With etsy it's best to avoid anything that could be copyrighted/trademarked cause you WILL get reported.