Finally a Market Place that wipes out E-Bay. - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 04-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsut View Post
I have one question, how many members are there on this forum alone?
Below are some statistics....

eBay Suspension & Paypal Limited Forums Statistics

Threads: 41,776, Posts: 376,183, Members: 37,494, Active Members: 3,049

Highest number of users ever online shown below

Most users ever online was 1,872, 12-18-2011 at 01:30 AM.

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 64%

Who cares..............
Old 04-06-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrotorway View Post
Who cares..............
Then who cares about your dumb business plan or dreams.

If you want to start a eBay like website, go find a venture capitol group, pinch them your idea and hopefully they take your BS.

Last edited by yotano211; 04-06-2013 at 12:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
Packattack12 (04-13-2013)
Old 04-06-2013

Activity: 24%
Longevity: 85%

Any new selling website is only going to run into the same old problems;

How do you stop people from selling f@kes?
How do you stop people from ripping each other off?
How do you stop companies threatening you with legal action for allowing people to sell their products?
Old 04-06-2013

Longevity: 64%

The thing to me is if ebay was gone I would be too, I need ebay and paypal right now, not to say I do not get upset at times but I need them. I will never chase away the breadman even if sometimes he is not the nicest. If you play straight and know the rules, 95% of the time ebay and paypal leave you alone. The fees are high so is everything else. I mean if you cant sell for a profit and somebody else can, which ebay has proven over and over someone else can than why not take the money, just like we do! I am not an ebay lover but I really need them if they or paypal were gone. I have no idea how or who my customers would trust and send me money half way across the country or the world for that matter. I think they do the payment setup retarded on paypal but I am assuming they base that system on some figures that I am not privvy too.
Old 04-06-2013

Longevity: 65%

after reading all these posts i agree i was very peed off with the way i was treated on ebay and with paypal.
but now im back on and my stock is shifting again i feel as tho everybody needs ebay as they are the ones who are putting the money into our bank accounts
however
i have noticed that a lot of people are now selling on facebook as there are no fees etc and believe me there are a lot of them.
half my items listed on ebay have been sold on facebook before the auctions on ebay have ended.
so i wonder how long it will be before facebook starts doing a dedicated website like ebay.
facebook started off with hardly any money and look at it now.
i also wonder how many people are actually on facebook compared to the amount of people on ebay.
i reckon itl be roughly about the same amount or maybe even more,everybody has a facebook account nowadays but not everybody sells on ebay.

if anybody could put the stats up id be very intrested to know
Old 04-06-2013

Bottom line is there are plenty alternatives already out there but none anywhere near as popular as ebay - AZ is not an auction site. So what makes your idea any better than the dozens of small fish players already out there like ioffer, ebid, etc...
Old 04-07-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

I like ebay because I know how to get around it and use it, the ones that dont, either learn or fall off...

forumer imjustme was developing one, last time I heard...
Old 04-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanislav View Post
Big companies with millions at their expense don't even dare and those who dare don't even come close.
Etsy did it. Bonanza did it. Sure, they're not as huge as eBay, but still worth over $100M after only a few years. Both didn't have huge startup funding.

In my opinion, it's not about "wiping out eBay", it's about making something better. MySpace dominated social networking until Facebook came along. Facebook didn't do anything new, they just did it better.

It's in people's nature to move on when something better, not something new, comes along.

Many years ago I tapped into a market that was flooded with competition. I started a small company with almost no funds and turned it into a huge business with thousands of paying customers. In less than 18 months, the company was called an "industry leader" by some of the largest newspapers and magazines and guess how much I spent on advertisement? Probably less than $500. No joke.

Other companies in the same industry spent hundreds of thousands on advertisement and never grew to the size of my company. What helped me most was a loyal following of my first customers and I can proudly say that the first customer I ever got was still there when I sold the company.

It doesn't take millions or billions to compete with larger companies. It doesn't always have to be something new, but it does have to be something better.

Last edited by imjustme; 04-10-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oompaloompa View Post
I like ebay because I know how to get around it and use it, the ones that dont, either learn or fall off...

forumer imjustme was developing one, last time I heard...
And still am, since almost 2 years now. I've actually tried to address some of the problems that eBay has with counterfeits and low quality Chinese goods. Not going to say any more about it, though.

Old 04-12-2013

Come on guys only the first idea survives (unless gets re-invented). Why dont we make second google and facebook? even Ricky Bobby knows it:
"If you aint first you last!!!"
Old 04-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Not necessarily. Even if you were the first pioneer and don't compete well against other laterer-comers, you can still get wiped out. Take credit cards for instant, Diner Club formed the first "general purpose" credit card and yet most a lot of people don't even know about them or about the Discover credit card systems at all.
Old 04-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoltiKolt View Post
Come on guys only the first idea survives (unless gets re-invented). Why dont we make second google and facebook? even Ricky Bobby knows it:
"If you aint first you last!!!"
Google wasn't the first search engine.

Facebook wasn't the first social media.

Remember Altavista? HotBot? Yahoo? Lycos? Excite? They were huge before Google came. Yahoo still exists but is nothing compared to what it used to be.

Remember MySpace? They were huge before Facebook came. What did Facebook do different? Almost nothing.

Is in people's nature to move on when something new comes along. Eventually they will get tired of Facebook and move on. If I was Zuckerberg, I would sell my shares now and get out.

Yahoo had an offer for several billion dollars from Microsoft a few years back and they rejected it. Now they're barely worth a few hundred million.

Last edited by imjustme; 04-12-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2013

Longevity: 66%

It's not good to belive that Ebay will be the Leader forever, just like imjustme says it's thoose who make things better that make people choose their site. Look at Columbus , he wasnt first and still most famous, ebay wasnt first neighter , it doesnt matter who does it first it's always about who does it best.
Old 04-13-2013

Yes guys but when google came out there was no company controlling 97% of the market to fight. When facebook came out there was no other social media site with a billion people on it. They both came out when market was still young and now is saturated. Other thing is people are afraid of change. Look how much they protest when FB changes to timeline. But now it seems nice right?
When market is full you cant be a new comer without money. It can only be done if there is still room in the market
Old 04-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoltiKolt View Post
When market is full you cant be a new comer without money. It can only be done if there is still room in the market
Actually, it is possible. I did that a few years ago in an industry that was absolutely floodednwith large companies that had large venture capitalists backing them. I paid well less than $1000 in advertising and ended up creating and a few years later selling the industry's largest company.

I will agree, it's not very likely. For 10,000 that try, 9999 will fail. But it's not impossible.

eBay will likely remain the largest online marketplace for some time to come and they will not fall anytime soon. eBay doesn't control 97% of the market. Amazon also has a huge share. Bonanza and Etsy also have ever-growing percentages.

Anyone who thinks they can beat eBay is wrong. You don't need to beat eBay to succeed.
The Following User Says Thank You to imjustme For This Useful Post:
Sandy D (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013

"Etsy did it. Bonanza did it. Sure, they're not as huge as eBay, but still worth over $100M after only a few years. Both didn't have huge startup funding."

This is a good point.

I do this it would be possible to start up a site that takes a chunk of eBay's business. Becoming a huge rival however I think would be near impossible.

It takes money to make money as they say.

My advice would be if a new site was to be set up then a team of say 20 people should be involved and all invest £1000+ each in the site so there is a minimum of £20,000 in the pot that can be spent on hosting and advertising.

If the time was take to set up the likes of a Facebook page for it where all involved invite their friends to it and promote the page on forums like this the page could be very big very quickly.

A banner add at the top of this site alone could drive a lot of people into signing up.

I'm sure not accepting Paypal would attract a good few sellers, lol. Especially seeing as most of us on the forum are here because of the headache they cause us.

Bottom line is though you would need a team of highly motivated, highly skilled and highly dedicated people to get something like this off the ground and like previous mentioned when it is up and running a team of people who are monitoring what's on sale, customer services etc etc etc.

There would be a hell of a lot involved in doing it "properly".
The Following User Says Thank You to SellingKing For This Useful Post:
onlinegirl (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by imjustme View Post
Actually, it is possible. I did that a few years ago in an industry that was absolutely floodednwith large companies that had large venture capitalists backing them. I paid well less than $1000 in advertising and ended up creating and a few years later selling the industry's largest company.

I will agree, it's not very likely. For 10,000 that try, 9999 will fail. But it's not impossible.

eBay will likely remain the largest online marketplace for some time to come and they will not fall anytime soon. eBay doesn't control 97% of the market. Amazon also has a huge share. Bonanza and Etsy also have ever-growing percentages.

Anyone who thinks they can beat eBay is wrong. You don't need to beat eBay to succeed.

Dead on correct.

Could not have said it better myself.

People need to look at the entire picture. Not just having startup money as many have and lost their butts, but you need lots of other things such as a customer base, marketing, luck, research and the list goes on and on.
Old 04-17-2013

Longevity: 63%

Nothings impossible.
Old 04-18-2013

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinegirl View Post
Nothings impossible.
And everything is possible............
Old 04-18-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Everything is possible and dreams are nice but in this case.

100% guarantee that only google would be the only one to hurt ebay.

At least at this point in time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy D For This Useful Post:
slim jim (04-19-2013)
Old 04-18-2013

Longevity: 70%

Overtsock is also in it too but honestly im murdering ebay with selling ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I think i rather do this then create a new ebay im not saying it cant be done but if u want to do it take ur destiny in ur own hands.