eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Dropship from eBay legal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/69601-dropship-ebay-legal.html)

pigpighu 01-25-2014 12:22 AM

Dropship from eBay legal?

Just want to be safe, like I sell stuff on other sites, is it ok to dropship from eBay/amazon, just change the shipping address to the buy's when I checkout?is it legal or safe to do this frequently? Sorry if it sounds dumb but I'm new at this.

KDavis 01-25-2014 12:44 AM

Re: Dropship from eBay legal?

I've thought about doing that with ebay but I don't think it's a good idea. On the other hand, people dropship from amazon all the time. I'm pretty sure it's legal.

Sandy D 01-25-2014 02:37 AM

What law would you be breaking if you did?

There is no law that prevents you from doing so that I know of.

To be illegal you need to break a law of some kind.

People dropship items 24-7.

jeffweico 01-25-2014 02:40 AM

I have never done this myself, but the issue I see coming up time and time again with Amazon is people losing accounts for using Amazon Prime to drop-ship. Amazon specifically prohibits that in their rules. But if you use their normal shipping, you should be fine.

Sandy D 01-25-2014 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 522857)
I have never done this myself, but the issue I see coming up time and time again with Amazon is people losing accounts for using Amazon Prime to drop-ship. Amazon specifically prohibits that in their rules. But if you use their normal shipping, you should be fine.

Just got to make sure you do not dropship items in an Amazon box to an ebay customer.

:nono:

jeffweico 01-25-2014 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 522858)
Just got to make sure you do not dropship items in an Amazon box to an ebay customer.

:nono:

That is another issue I forgot... Sometimes eBay buyers will see the Amazon packaging and look up the item on Amazon. When they see the price is lower, they complain to eBay.

Now, you might argue that the customer purchased the item and you never offered a lowest price guarantee, and I would AGREE with you. But there is a lot of rivalry between eBay and Amazon and eBay does not like items purchased on their site to arrive in an Amazon box - it gives the customer the impression that Amazon is cheaper than eBay (and it IS, in MANY cases!).

rsot 01-25-2014 09:26 AM

It is legal but some people will frown upon this.

You would have to make sure no Amazon invoice/bill is sent with package from your seller...

Wise sellers would NOT ship to another address because they would not have PP seller protection...so I'm saying that you would have a tough time in general

pigpighu 01-25-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy D (Post 522856)
What law would you be breaking if you did?

There is no law that prevents you from doing so that I know of.

To be illegal you need to break a law of some kind.

People dropship items 24-7.

I don't know but I use my paypal to buy from ebay then change the address to the buyer's(mostly oversea buyers),so I'm thinking would it be safer if I continue using my US address then message the seller to ship to another address?I'm just not sure if ebay/paypal would think it's a problem that I use a different address every time :confused:

GreenBean 01-26-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pigpighu (Post 522964)
I don't know but I use my paypal to buy from ebay then change the address to the buyer's(mostly oversea buyers),so I'm thinking would it be safer if I continue using my US address then message the seller to ship to another address?I'm just not sure if ebay/paypal would think it's a problem that I use a different address every time :confused:

Not a wise method at all.

Business does not run like that.

GiveMeTheMicro 02-04-2014 07:09 AM

I checked it and dropship is highly developed in the United States. Drop shipping is legal but risky.

The legislation in most occidental countries is very strict on it. Here, you must have specified that your items are not in stock and indicate the expected date of delivery (and respect it).

You better have a very good network of and be sure that the items you sell will be delivered on time.

I personally avoid sales out of stock because it is a lot of trouble in perspective... Already when you have your stock and you delivered quickly, there is always a grumpy to find that it's not going fast enough... so selling out of stock ....

But if you know what you are doing, dropshipping can make your activity easier. Good luck.

JRaynor101 02-11-2014 08:20 PM

I do a lot of listing stock I don't have on Amazon UK or eBay, then ordering it from Amazon JP when I get an order in.

Thank's to Japan's postal service most deliveries to me are same day, so if I order at work I'll usually have it waiting when I return home or will get it shortly after.

It's not really dropshipping, as I receive the package, open the box and strip out the invoice before sealing it back up and sending it on.

rsot 02-12-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRaynor101 (Post 527781)
It's not really dropshipping, as I receive the package, open the box and strip out the invoice before sealing it back up and sending it on.

Wise move to check quality of what is being received AND packaging it yourself to add your own flair to it

a.v.limited 02-17-2014 10:47 AM

I have drop shipped and it isn't actually allowed. Ebay rules state you must have goods before you sell, drop shipping means you don't

it does work up to a point though and then an item doesn't get delivered and problems created

sax4 02-17-2014 05:28 PM

If dropshipping is illegal than Am*zon and Eb*y would be finished! They are both essentially dropshippers themselves.

So what if an Eb*y item turns up in an Ama*on box, most people wont think anything of it, the rest will realise what you did and think "Silly me I should have checked Am*zon", a tiny percentage will say "Hey this guy ripped me off, it's cheaper on Am*zon!!". Duh

You could even say "My items are dispatched via various fulfillment methods including Fulfilled by Am*zon"

rsot 02-18-2014 05:51 AM

There are people who ARE sticklers and will ruin your account if they think you dropship - just be aware of that

oompaloompa 02-18-2014 06:00 AM

there is one issue I ran in to when i did it a few times, when I ran out of stock and that was adding addresses in paypal, there is a limit to the amount you can add, cannot remember how many but something like 20? and also you cannot remove them, they are always there to choose from as an option to ship to....

rsot 02-18-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 529475)
there is one issue I ran in to when i did it a few times, when I ran out of stock and that was adding addresses in paypal, there is a limit to the amount you can add, cannot remember how many but something like 20? and also you cannot remove them, they are always there to choose from as an option to ship to....

And you inherently link them to your own Pp account :laugh:

sax4 02-18-2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 529475)

I don't dropship much with EBay, but I remember I did for a while and got a call from a curious rep. I just told her I'm doing some kind of e*ay ar*itrage and she said ok fine

oompaloompa 02-19-2014 11:17 AM

how do you get past the address adding limit in paypal?

rsot 02-19-2014 12:58 PM

I haven't added other people's addresses into PP in a long time though.

sax4 02-20-2014 09:12 AM

Like I said I don't do it much. I suppose if you wanted to do it then you could just make a load of buying accounts. That would be a lot of stress to do that regularly though

rsot 02-20-2014 05:52 PM

Important to be very clear with your customers and to know the quality of your products.