Kicked out of et.sy - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-04-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 50%
Default Kicked out of et.sy

I know this is petty but I have been in a serious depression for a month and a half. Had 5 shops all were closed due to IP infringement. These 5 shops supported us when my husband was unemployed. All of the products are handmade. Had an atty write them a letter and they said to take it up with Tiff..an.y my product is not remotely similar, yet, 'key words' colors, the mention of the movie Breakfast at T......did me in I got the 3 strikes.
Read the helpful threads here. Bought a book about 'ebay suspensions' and I am trying to follow this whole new world.

I have 2 PP accts in great standing, (do I need a new one..can I use my husband's he had a shop on e.ts.y before I did) and just add a new email?Or should I get a new one? I opened a new bank account but I will be using the same SS. Will et.sy flag me with the same SS?

My IP address changes continually. Yet I will buy a dongle as suggested here.
I will re-take all pics, (can I still store them in photobucket?) my paper products are handmade but there are a lot of people selling the similar things. Changing product is not an option :(
I will clean cookies
I will not pay fees with PP but with a prepaid CC ...what's a vanilla cc?
I will use another address 50 miles away.
Et.s.y asks for SS..should I get the EIN number then and use it with a new pp.
For direct deposit with e.t.s.y will my new bank account work, although the numbers are different they are connected to the same bank under my name and ss.
DO I need a new name..I think I used all of the ones I can think so that are legit. I also sell on eb.a.y no problems there I am all legit. But I have to continue selling or I will go mad, I love my products, worked hard, people loved them. Placed some products on eb.ay yet my sales cover only fees. ANY HELP will be appreciated, I know u guys have a lot of people asking ?? and you refer them to older posts, which I continue to read. I don't want u 2 think I am being lazy, so please don't loose your patience with me and my ??. I am a slow learner, but when I catch up I can be of help to others!!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%
Default Re: Kicked out of et.sy

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyfedsy View Post
I know this is petty but I have been in a serious depression for a month and a half. Had 5 shops all were closed due to IP infringement. These 5 shops supported us when my husband was unemployed. All of the products are handmade. Had an atty write them a letter and they said to take it up with Tiff..an.y my product is not remotely similar, yet, 'key words' colors, the mention of the movie Breakfast at T......did me in I got the 3 strikes.
Read the helpful threads here. Bought a book about 'ebay suspensions' and I am trying to follow this whole new world.
Welcome, a lot of people have gone through the same thing as you so it's not petty and not new. I came to this forum with enough money to build an account of two and that was enough.

Quote:
I have 2 PP accts in great standing, (do I need a new one..can I use my husband's he had a shop on e.ts.y before I did) and just add a new email?Or should I get a new one?
If your husband had an etsy account with an attached Paypal then you need to start everything fresh...including Paypal.

Quote:
I opened a new bank account but I will be using the same SS. Will et.sy flag me with the same SS?
You can't use the same SSN you already used before....you will get flagged immediately or their system may give you an error.

Quote:
My IP address changes continually. Yet I will buy a dongle as suggested here.
This is fine.

Quote:
I will re-take all pics, (can I still store them in photobucket?) my paper products are handmade
You can re-upload the new pictures to photobucket, be sure to clean the new pictures of the exif data.

Quote:
I will clean cookies
You should look into creating new User Accounts for each Etsy Account you open.

Quote:
I will not pay fees with PP but with a prepaid CC ...what's a vanilla cc?
Vanilla Visa is not a Credit Card, It's a Gift Card. I don't see why paying for fee's with Paypal is an issue as long as the PayPal matches the Etsy account.

Quote:
I will use another address 50 miles away.
This should be fine.

Quote:
Et.s.y asks for SS..should I get the EIN number then and use it with a new pp.
The SSN is for Direct Deposit....Don't know if an EIN will work but if it does then you can go that route.

Quote:
For direct deposit with e.t.s.y will my new bank account work, although the numbers are different they are connected to the same bank under my name and ss.
New Bank Account Number should be fine but again you have the issue of providing Etsy a matching SSN for Direct Deposit. I believe at this point your going to have to accept PayPal instead of Direct Deposit.

Quote:
DO I need a new name..I think I used all of the ones I can think so that are legit. I also sell on eb.a.y no problems there I am all legit.
Yes, you need a new name, new address, new PayPal, New Phone Number, Gift Card.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-06-2015), flowclothingco (08-08-2015), newjerseymax (08-13-2015)
Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 8%
Longevity: 76%

You get one shot with SSN on Et.sy. Once it's used and bann.ed, it's done.

Since it sounds like you and your husband ran accounts, you're going to need to stick with PP which is a million times easier anyways since Et/sy can't see where the payment is going or who it's going to. I know customers like direct checkout, but you're just going to have to let it go.

Since you are new, I'll stick with what MM78 said and recommend that you start everything fresh. Anything else is going to get you confused and linked with other accounts.

Don't worry about all of that personal info. It means absolutely nothing and Et/sy does not verify anything. All that matters is where your money is deposited and how you pay your fees.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-06-2015), MM78 (08-05-2015)
Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

OP, you have been kicked out of etsy but you are welcome here - all the best as you learn stealth...it works
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-06-2015)
Old 08-05-2015

Newbie in this forum. Also kicked out of et/sy last month and try to repost it... I read all thread about et/sy. I wanna verify one thing before action.
I opened a new PP acc, verified new bank account under my real name. Going to buy a VCC card from Entropay under stealth name "A" for paying fees to et/sy in future. So my question is, I should open a et/sy new account under stealth name "A", or can make up any stealth name. And also can I use this entropay card pay the $1.00 open shop fee? I am 99% done except this name problem, dun wanna mess up again. Thank you all
Old 08-05-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcfp View Post
Newbie in this forum. Also kicked out of et/sy last month and try to repost it... I read all thread about et/sy. I wanna verify one thing before action.
I opened a new PP acc, verified new bank account under my real name. Going to buy a VCC card from Entropay under stealth name "A" for paying fees to et/sy in future. So my question is, I should open a et/sy new account under stealth name "A", or can make up any stealth name. And also can I use this entropay card pay the $1.00 open shop fee? I am 99% done except this name problem, dun wanna mess up again. Thank you all
Any stealth name will work - Entropay will automatically match up
lcfp (08-06-2015)
Old 08-06-2015
Threadstarter  

I am waiting on et since I appeal their bogus claim of IP violation, but somehow I know going stealth would be a good idea as well, if I ever get re-instated.

To unknown:

Is there no way to add direct check out then? I know that is the preferred method for their customers...if I get another checking account in another bank would this work, or like u said the SSN is a dead giveaway :(
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

There is no way to use Direct Checkout unless you use someone else's information....and we always tell people NOT to use or include other people in our business dealings, it just causes too many problems.

Once you use a SSN with Etsy...that's it, can't be used again.

Honestly, don't wait to go stealth, start now no matter what the outcome of your appeal is.
The Following User Says Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015

Longevity: 51%

I agree with starting now. It can take quite some time to build up the account, waiting for paypal deposits for verification, etc.

I was banned from ET once before, and Im back now, stronger than ever.
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Get stealth working for you pronto
etsyfedsy (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015

I'm curious if you can get around the whole trademarked color Tiff**** by creating a stealth account under the name and calling your store something similar.

Bob Smith, Owns Bob's Burgers... Edward Doe, Eddie's Edibles... Jessica Smith, Jessica Jewelers..

Just a thought.
The Following User Says Thank You to doL For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Oh No doL that was not the problem, the issue were listings that had that 'Tif' for description or color or style as part of the name on the title, that was it!
Old 08-07-2015

Right, but you may be able to get away with adding the color to your title if it's your store name. It still counts towards the search.
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
There is no way to use Direct Checkout unless you use someone else's information....and we always tell people NOT to use or include other people in our business dealings, it just causes too many problems.

Once you use a SSN with Etsy...that's it, can't be used again.

Honestly, don't wait to go stealth, start now no matter what the outcome of your appeal is.
I will.....still a tad of course what's new...guys I am a dinosaur... I keep checking my IP and Husb said it changed weekly, I was waiting for that and coming to these helpful boards...but they have not changed...can I use my phone and just disconnect my WIFI to the house and use the phone's?
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

I read that with ets you can use a EIN, before I apply for a new PP can I use the EIN with them, found out that yes like MM78 said I can use EIN with ets. I am afraid that ets will get the SS from PP & flag me. Also with PP can I use the new bank acct I got. I know u guys told me not to use it with ets, but it is ok for PP. Just read the dongle does not work. Will my mobile phone have a different IP if I turn off the house internet?
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Sorry for all the different ?? in diff posts, as they come to mind I post, darn it I should make a list first then ask, last when I apply for a new PP should I use a diff IP addr?
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

doL's idea of creating a store would the same name would be interesting to test.

On another note, yes, they are aggressively going after "likeness" of anything tradem.arked or cop.yrighted. I was using a bunch of different words in titles and descriptions as tags and they slapped me for all of them with warnings. I had to remove them all because they threatened banning if I didn't.

I do it because it greatly improves my Google Shopping rankings which of course took a big hit after removing all of the terms.
The Following User Says Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Mobile phones work, dongles/mifi works. Anything with dynamic IP.

If you use an EIN, remember, you get one shot with that as well. If you burn that account, you'll need another. This is another reason why we recommend PP only unless you know what you are doing.

Et/sy has no connection to PP. They use PP Standard for checkout, not PP Express. "Express" is the dangerous one because it does allow them to share info and also gives Et/sy or any other marketplace a bit of control over the transactions between your PP account and the marketplace.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unkown5454 For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-07-2015), novemberrain1970 (08-29-2015)
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

Yup going to have to stick to PP as you said, no way around that, thank God you mentioned express I would probably had gone for that, (simple mind and all) Should I use a proxy server for both getting my new PP and a different one 4 going back to et.s. I am still investigating how to use proxy with hidemybutt.
Old 08-07-2015

Longevity: 57%

One of the simplest and cheapest options to solve your ip issues is a dongle or phone tethering. Keep a record of all used ip addresses. You can find more information if you search it on the forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to Klemantina For This Useful Post:
etsyfedsy (08-07-2015)
Old 08-07-2015
Threadstarter  

saw a chinese dongle on eby about $14 purchased locally would be faster but I can't find the brand
Old 08-07-2015
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by etsyfedsy View Post
saw a chinese dongle on eby about $14 purchased locally would be faster but I can't find the brand
You should check with the Service Provider you plan to use before buying a Dongle, need to make sure the Dongle will work with your preferred Service Provider.