eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Does Authorize.net work on eBay mobile or the app? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/108090-does-authorize-net-work-ebay-mobile-app.html)

Nissan2nr22 06-11-2017 02:42 AM

Does Authorize.net work on eBay mobile or the app?

After searching the forum for a while, I saw that customers had trouble when using authorize.net to pay on their mobile phone's browser or within the app.

I was wondering if this issue was fixed on eBay's part or if it is ongoing.

CamaroSS 10-09-2017 07:57 PM

Re: Does Authorize.net work on eBay mobile or the app?

I'm having this same problem. Anyone have any ideas? Most people aren't paying because they simply can't pay on the mobile app so they give up.

An0nym0u$ 10-13-2017 08:23 AM

No it doesn't work on mobile devices. It hasn't for years and eBay has no interest in fixing it (they want buyers to use PP).

I get many emails how do I pay. I simply tell customers to use a desktop browser during checkout as eBay mobile cannot accept merchant payment.

The "good news" now is there is an error message on mobile site directing users to use desktop browser.

In the past 3 months I've noticed less of those customers complaining on how to checkout.

ebaystealth1974 10-13-2017 09:55 AM

I wonder why they want users to use PP, since they parted ways a while back? They even doing ebay bucks for using PP. So weird!

phaz0rz 10-13-2017 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 877397)
I wonder why they want users to use PP, since they parted ways a while back? They even doing ebay bucks for using PP. So weird!

As part of the split, eBay agreed to send a certain percentage of their sales to Paypal for processing. If a certain quota isn't met then eBay pays Paypal the difference. I read that in a post from Jeffweico like a year ago and he's a reputable guy. Makes sense to me.

Good news is eBay may finally be working on fixing this. I got a call the other day and the rep wanted to know why my sales on this account have dropped like 1000%+ in the past year. I told her it was because we switched to Auth.net. I explained that most customers refuse to pay with anything other than PP, and that those who are willing to pay with their card are unable to do so most of the time because they're trying to pay from their phone. She "noted" that for me lol. :thumb:

ebaystealth1974 10-13-2017 11:03 AM

Makes sense! I'll just make sure and max out the $500 ebay bucks per quarter. :)

Yeah, that's double-hurting them right there... no FVF nor nothing toward the Paypal quota.

What's the "paying from phone" situation about?

phaz0rz 10-13-2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebaystealth1974 (Post 877431)

What's the "paying from phone" situation about?

Like 80%+ of eBay buyers nowadays are buying from their phone. eBay on mobile platforms (app or mobile browsers) will only let you pay with Paypal - regardless of what the seller accepts. If someone tries to buy from my merchant account eBay store on their phone they get an error message. It used to be a generic error message with no info but lately the error has started telling buyers to login from a desktop and try again.

Maybe 10% of my former buyers are willing to pay with auth.net instead of Paypal.

Maybe 10% of that 10% is willing to take the extra step of logging into eBay from a desktop and paying that way.

It's account suicide switching to Auth.net (or any of the other 3 acceptable non-PP payment gateways) lol.

ebaystealth1974 10-13-2017 11:15 AM

Okay, thanks for the explanation! I buy a sh1t ton on ebay and I've never noticed that!

And you're thinking maybe eBay will look into allowing people to pay with cards through their phones?

phaz0rz 10-13-2017 11:20 AM

Haha. That would be great but I'm not hopeful. You've probably never noticed because you've never come across a seller who doesn't accept Paypal. I had to use google to find any other than myself.

I think it would require too much effort for them to integrate Auth.net, Payflow, and w/e the other two are into their mobile platforms. I think it was easy with PP because eBay/PP were still one when mobile went live. But they'd have to collaborate with 4 separate payment gateways to really work all the bugs out. Don't see it happening when buyers can already use Paypal guest checkout to pay with their card and no PP account.

ebaystealth1974 10-13-2017 11:23 AM

True.

Why don't you get a PP attached to that account if your sales are so far off because of it?

CamaroSS 10-21-2017 08:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback on this guys! Looks like I have to stick with PayPal. I'm losing a lot of sales just using Authorize.net. This really sucks......

stairbuilder 10-26-2017 08:23 PM

If ebay gets enough requests to have it fixed they will do it, but it won't be a priority. I'm wondering if this is lawsuit material. They were forced into using other payment methods at one time, I believe, and with the increase in use of mobile apps not sure if what they have now would be considered "working"
It wouldn't take much to have it functioning. I am sure that the other payment gateways would do quite a bit in that effort to get their cut of ebay.
I believe that it is the phaz0rz explanation is the reason they aren't in a hurry to do anything about it. It sucks I have an account with 10k feedback and can't use paypal with it.

stairbuilder 11-10-2017 05:04 PM

Just wanted to update a bit. I am fighting through using Authorize.net because I have a ebay account that I have worked hard on. I call 1-2 times a week to give them information on the problems I am having and think they actually may be addressing the problem.
The bottom line with ebay is if you want something you have to constantly hammer on them until you get some action. Because of the high standing on my account and the fact that my sales have dropped from $50,000-$60,000 in sales a month down to $10,000 if I am lucky it looks like they are actually taking notice. I tried to make the switch a year ago and couldn't even get them to acknowledge that there was a problem.

ebaystealth1974 11-10-2017 06:32 PM

*fingerscrossed*

I don't like monopolies, unless they're mine!