eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   My Authorized.net Experiences (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/108127-my-authorized-net-experiences.html)

chriskemistry 06-12-2017 08:28 PM

My Authorized.net Experiences

Hello, here are my experiences with authorized.net ,its a pain in the butt trying to get it all set up, authorized.net is the back technically end of it, you have to have them and another merchant gateway/processor, to have your payments processed, no ones tells you this or talk to you about it, before you can start getting payments you have to go through underwriting for the banks to see if you will get approved or not, you have to filled out all of this paperwork , its like if your business is considered high risk, you barely have a chance of some one working with you unless you have your own separate site from eBay,

the only good thing about some of the different merchant processors is that you get your money within 2-3 days, which is nice no 21 day holds like PayPal

you have to make sure you have your volume limit/ticket size right the first time,

meaning for instance lets say your monthly volume on eBay is 5,000 a month, a single transaction 350, a good day transaction 850, make sure your numbers are correct it can be hard trying to get approved for more on a brand new account, if you ask for to much they might take your limit down, due to risk factor,

sells are defintely slower then PayPal , its all a game,

even though we all hate PayPal, to me there just the best, not like that but more people will go for PayPal any day

at the end of the day you want to be in the game so you just have to play by these wack rules its just what it is,

you can still make decent money selling on multiple accounts so don't freak out because your not doing the volume you want to do
the 21 day holds sucks, but in the mean time build more accounts take it slow build them

while your doing that, theres still other platforms you can sell on

mercari is good, 5 miles is good, offer up is good, don't just limit yourself to eBay

saintx 06-13-2017 01:41 PM

Re: My Authorized.net Experiences

they are pure trash bruh they charged me 80 bucks just to tell me no banks will take me.

aspkin 06-13-2017 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintx (Post 852342)
they are pure trash bruh they charged me 80 bucks just to tell me no banks will take me.

Lol, that sounds about right. :brushteeth:

I have used Authorize.Net for 7-8 years, maybe more.

Overall they are a pain to get approved and setup but once you're setup you're good to go unless you have too many chargebacks (which they warn you about).

I prefer other processors but it's nice Authorize.net for emergencies and as alternative payment options for customers.

saintx 06-14-2017 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 852362)
Lol, that sounds about right. :brushteeth:

I have used Authorize.Net for 7-8 years, maybe more.

Overall they are a pain to get approved and setup but once you're setup you're good to go unless you have too many chargebacks (which they warn you about).

I prefer other processors but it's nice Authorize.net for emergencies and as alternative payment options for customers.

which processor do you preffer btw? thanx for making this site.

Charles A. Martin 07-19-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriskemistry (Post 852254)

sells are defintely slower then PayPal , its all a game,

You mean more people buy with PayPal than with credit and debit cards alone?

Are you saying on eBay or the other marketplace platforms you mention as well?

("mercari is good, 5 miles is good, offer up is good, don't just limit yourself to eBay")

Charles A. Martin 07-19-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saintx (Post 852640)
which processor do you preffer btw?

Historically Durango Merchant Services in the US but the merchant location rules are making it more difficult - gone are the days of a Nevada or Wyoming Corp for US non-residents, even for low risk.

For Brits and people in the EU, CityPay in Jersey (before known as PayOffshore) are good with high risk.