eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Authorize.net (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/109610-authorize-net.html)

tclow43 08-10-2017 10:54 AM

Authorize.net

If I have been using the same authorize.net account for making new accounts is ebay able to link all them by just using that?

The merchant API #

Thank you

yankee 08-10-2017 10:57 AM

Re: Authorize.net

In general, using a merchant account with ebay does not work well even with one account. Most buyers simply will never pay unless they can pay with paypal.

tclow43 08-10-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yankee (Post 864506)
In general, using a merchant account with ebay does not work well even with one account. Most buyers simply will never pay unless they can pay with paypal.

I have been using authorize.net without any problems.

Just recently all my accounts have been getting banned and all my stealth ones that had this same merchant API, and I cannot think of anything else that would be linking them..

So my big main question is "can ebay link accounts using MERCHANT API #?"

Thanks

phaz0rz 08-10-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tclow43 (Post 864507)

So my big main question is "can ebay link accounts using MERCHANT API #?"

Of course they can. 99% chance that is what's linking your accounts. The # would be identical across all your eBay accounts using that merchant account so it would be a very, very easy link.

One more edit: This would be the same concept as using the same Paypal on multiple eBay accounts.

tclow43 08-10-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 864509)
Of course they can. 99% chance that is what's linking your accounts. The # would be identical across all your eBay accounts using that merchant account so it would be a very, very easy link.

One more edit: This would be the same concept as using the same Paypal on multiple eBay accounts.

Ok - this will help me alot. I guess I had thought they wouldn't be able to link the accounts but im sure they are just using the number.

I will get the number changed for each account now.

Thank you for your help

phaz0rz 08-10-2017 11:36 AM

You'll probably have to get a new Auth.net account/merchant account for each eBay account you want to process direct payments on.

If you request a new API key I'm fairly certain you lose the ability to accept payments using the old API key. So each time you change it you'll lose the ability to accept payments on accounts you've already configured. I could be wrong but like I said I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

tclow43 08-10-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 864518)
You'll probably have to get a new Auth.net account/merchant account for each eBay account you want to process direct payments on.

If you request a new API key I'm fairly certain you lose the ability to accept payments using the old API key. So each time you change it you'll lose the ability to accept payments on accounts you've already configured. I could be wrong but like I said I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Ok - what would be a good excuse to tell them why I need it changed you think?

Because im sure they will want to know why im changing it lol

EDIT: I called them and they said they couldn't change the API Login ID unfortunately.. so that means I would need an entire new account then

phaz0rz 08-10-2017 05:36 PM

I knew there would be some kind of hangup lol.

Maybe you can have multiple Auth.net accounts configured to the accept payments through the same merchant account?

tclow43 08-11-2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phaz0rz (Post 864608)
I knew there would be some kind of hangup lol.

Maybe you can have multiple Auth.net accounts configured to the accept payments through the same merchant account?

Thats what im trying to figure out today how I can get multiple authorize.net accounts. I was hoping I could link multiple accounts on one single account just so I could stay stealth that way, but it doesn't look like that will work.

If anyone has any feedback it would be appreciated!

Thank you