Authorize.net - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Sales & Marketing > Payment Processing

Payment Processing Discuss payment processing with PayPal, Stripe, Authorize.Net, Bitcoin and other processors for your products and services.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-10-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
iTrader: (0)
Default Authorize.net

If I have been using the same authorize.net account for making new accounts is ebay able to link all them by just using that?


The merchant API #



Thank you

Last edited by tclow43; 08-10-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 08-10-2017
yankee's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,472
Thanks: 2,127
Thanked 2,449 Times in 1,809 Posts
Activity: 46%
Longevity: 45%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Authorize.net

In general, using a merchant account with ebay does not work well even with one account. Most buyers simply will never pay unless they can pay with paypal.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (08-10-2017)
  #3  
Old 08-10-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Authorize.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
In general, using a merchant account with ebay does not work well even with one account. Most buyers simply will never pay unless they can pay with paypal.
I have been using authorize.net without any problems.

Just recently all my accounts have been getting banned and all my stealth ones that had this same merchant API, and I cannot think of anything else that would be linking them..

So my big main question is "can ebay link accounts using MERCHANT API #?"

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-10-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,907
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 2,686 Times in 2,057 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Authorize.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclow43 View Post

So my big main question is "can ebay link accounts using MERCHANT API #?"
Of course they can. 99% chance that is what's linking your accounts. The # would be identical across all your eBay accounts using that merchant account so it would be a very, very easy link.

One more edit: This would be the same concept as using the same Paypal on multiple eBay accounts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
tclow43 (08-10-2017)
  #5  
Old 08-10-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Authorize.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
Of course they can. 99% chance that is what's linking your accounts. The # would be identical across all your eBay accounts using that merchant account so it would be a very, very easy link.

One more edit: This would be the same concept as using the same Paypal on multiple eBay accounts.
Ok - this will help me alot. I guess I had thought they wouldn't be able to link the accounts but im sure they are just using the number.

I will get the number changed for each account now.

Thank you for your help
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-10-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,907
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 2,686 Times in 2,057 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Authorize.net

You'll probably have to get a new Auth.net account/merchant account for each eBay account you want to process direct payments on.

If you request a new API key I'm fairly certain you lose the ability to accept payments using the old API key. So each time you change it you'll lose the ability to accept payments on accounts you've already configured. I could be wrong but like I said I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
tclow43 (08-10-2017)
  #7  
Old 08-10-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Authorize.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
You'll probably have to get a new Auth.net account/merchant account for each eBay account you want to process direct payments on.

If you request a new API key I'm fairly certain you lose the ability to accept payments using the old API key. So each time you change it you'll lose the ability to accept payments on accounts you've already configured. I could be wrong but like I said I'm pretty sure that's how it works.
Ok - what would be a good excuse to tell them why I need it changed you think?

Because im sure they will want to know why im changing it lol

EDIT: I called them and they said they couldn't change the API Login ID unfortunately.. so that means I would need an entire new account then

Last edited by tclow43; 08-10-2017 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-10-2017
phaz0rz's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 7,907
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 2,686 Times in 2,057 Posts
Activity: 98%
Longevity: 29%
iTrader: (2)
Default Re: Authorize.net

I knew there would be some kind of hangup lol.

Maybe you can have multiple Auth.net accounts configured to the accept payments through the same merchant account?
__________________

Last edited by phaz0rz; 08-10-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-11-2017
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 14
Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 15%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Authorize.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I knew there would be some kind of hangup lol.

Maybe you can have multiple Auth.net accounts configured to the accept payments through the same merchant account?
Thats what im trying to figure out today how I can get multiple authorize.net accounts. I was hoping I could link multiple accounts on one single account just so I could stay stealth that way, but it doesn't look like that will work.

If anyone has any feedback it would be appreciated!

Thank you
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Authorize.net? ADIP Payment Processing 4 06-13-2018 10:08 AM
authorize.net for ebay.. HELP!! akleh Payment Processing 1 07-21-2017 05:30 AM
authorize.net questions zl138453 Payment Processing 0 05-09-2014 03:01 PM
Anyone use? authorize.net qwerty Subscriber Discussions 15 04-13-2008 07:46 PM
Authorize.net tyandlayne eBay Suspensions 1 08-17-2007 09:58 AM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts