eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Authorize.net and ebay (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/118008-authorize-net-ebay.html)

jtt0047 06-13-2018 10:15 AM

Authorize.net and ebay

Just got Authorize.Net set up on my legit ebay account yesterday and getting orders. It seems like alot of people purchase on the mobile app and have alot of issues with payment since authorize isnt supported for ebay mobile ap. So far alot of questions and items awaiting payment.

My question is , anyone on here usiing Authorize.Net? What kind of issues are you running into and what volume are you doing?

I know that Authorize.Net does not work while in ebay app, but does it work on ebays mobile website?

I am thinking that merchant account isnt a viable option and still considering purchasing steakth paypal and ebay accounts .

phaz0rz 06-13-2018 10:33 AM

Re: Authorize.net and ebay

It's really not a viable option.

Auth.net doesn't work with the eBay App or eBay on mobile browsers. The only thing it works on is the desktop version. I'm not sure if forcing the classic website on a mobile browser would work because most buyers cancel their order long before going that far.

The biggest issue is buyers being unfamiliar with Auth.net and how it works. They think they're handing over all their CC info to some random eBay seller. So most buyers purchase elsewhere once they realize they can't use Paypal.

We went from 150+ orders per day using Paypal to maybe 10 orders per week using Auth.net. Had to start moving listings to accounts with Paypal in order to stay afloat.

jtt0047 06-14-2018 11:16 AM

Yesterday was my first day, it seems like my orders weree cut in half. I usually do about 30 a day. Out of 15 orders 2 are unpaid for. Every other person messges me about payment. I think that it is viable but by no means the best option. I am spending more time try to get people to pay. I will keep it while i slowly transfer my listings to a stealth

phaz0rz 06-14-2018 02:39 PM

The problem is that as more and more buyers click away from your listings without buying, your sales conversion rate slowly takes a nosedive and your listings fall to the bottom.

Good luck though. Auth.net is great for outside of eBay but it's terrible on eBay and eBay has no plans to fix it. Because they're about to start rolling out Adyen.

jtt0047 06-16-2018 02:12 PM

It does seem like i am getting less and less sales as time goes by, my top listings are not getting any sales even though they are front page and at the top. Im going to slowly pull the listings into a stealth account soon. It does not seem like auth . Net is a viable option

phaz0rz 09-13-2018 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stewie88 (Post 943531)
account ebay paypal solution
I want to buy stealth Ebay account. And i need a service which will reciee payments from my buyers and send mt money in bitcoins (Convert Paypal to Bitcoins). Volumes about 100 000 for start. (This is an example of same service https://westernbid.com/western-bid-in-english/). can you advice solution?

I'm following you around to make sure you understand that Paypal isn't designed for what you're trying to do, and it's not going to work. You will end up with a bunch of money locked up in a Paypal account, which they may or may not give you access to after 180 days.