eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Looking for suggestions to Paypal similar for Craigslist (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/12383-looking-suggestions-paypal-similar-craigslist.html)

needhelpplease 07-30-2009 07:38 PM

Looking for suggestions to Paypal similar for Craigslist

I am not sure if I am in the right thread, if not please feel free to move/delete and I apologize in advance if it is not where it should be.

I am actually completely in shock that I am selling more on craigslist than on Ebay! It could be the fact that I live in a large large city and the fact that summer time is slow on ebay, but either way I am in shock.

I have actually had local people ask if they could pay via paypal for my items that I sell that can be sent digitally. I have not accepted any paypal payment offers via paypal for various reasons, one being I HATE paypal.

I was just wondering if there is something else out there that works similarly. I am aware that probably there is nothing as "good" as paypal, but something that would allow me to accept payment and possibly something that wont allow the buyer to get their money back unjustly. Unfortunately, with digital merchandise, it is not unheard of that a buyer gets the email and then claims that they didnt and with email there is no real way to prove one way or another via paypal so they obviously will side with the buyer. I know because I used to sell digitally sent coupons, about 120 auctions a day and over a months time I did have an average of 10-20 buyers a month claiming they never received the email, so thus getting their money back with paypal. (the digitally sent coupons are 800 number verifiable and 99% of the time the coupons come up used PRIOR to the buyers contacting me with “never received the email”)
So anyhow, I am not wanting to go through that again, and I am looking for a online payment option that would work for me to offer the buyers who wish to pay online rather than cash-in-person.

Thanks!!