eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   CartManager but still linked to paypal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/12507-cartmanager-but-still-linked-paypal.html)

jimmybob479 08-06-2009 07:07 PM

CartManager but still linked to paypal

Hey everyone,
Back a few weeks ago I got royally screwed over by paypal. Acct suspended and although sent in good docs, still limited and completely frozen. About 2k worth of returns and chargebacks...going through the resolution center and responding and refunding is like a part-time job for me right now with the account.

Thanks to Ebay Stealth guide, hopefully I'll be emerging from the rubble very soon..

Ok, first off I know the benefits of a Merchant account, but at the same time I read on here that with merchant accounts if I get a chargeback, it will become a large pain and I'll have to pay a fee. I don't want to have to deal with all that..

What I did read in the Ebay Stealth guide, or possibly here on the forums, is that paypal accounts can take more of a beating when unlinked with their ebay - and use something such as CartManager.net. Could I set up CartManager and have it forward payments to a paypal, or is that the same thing as having it set up with something like MerchantPlus? I want as much seller protection as I can get..but at the same time don't want to wake up to a frozen paypal account, forcing me to refund and not fill orders, thus destroying my feedback and ebay account.

And to clarify, it is only ccnow and 2checkout whom accept paypal payments?

Any thoughts?
Also, I'm a tad confused on how everything completely works. You use a cart manager / checkout such as authorize.net or cartmanager.net which handles the "taking" of the money once they've won an ebay auction, then that hands off the money to your merchant account? Do all of these cart manager services tie-in with auctiva.net? I'm aiming at what the guide says with
Quote:

You can use an Authorize.net merchant account and automate the checkout process by setting up a Merchant account. Go to your Merchant Account to setup a token for Auctiva, then go to your auctiva Checkout Settings to add your token. I use Merchant Plus and it works perfectly. Once your tokens are setup, after a listing ends, it will automatically send an invoice to your buyer."
Thanks!

jimmybob479 08-07-2009 01:45 AM

hmm still no comments? =(

Sacajawea 08-10-2009 01:55 PM

away from spying eyes...

PM (private message) someone on this who is a guru. Ebay stealth guide is fantabulous. Buy it.:pop2:

jimmybob479 08-10-2009 01:59 PM

Yes it is, I have bought it =)

I believe it was actually in the book that mentioned this. I don't have my merch account set up yet (awaiting MerchantPLUS to approve, then will fax over to ebay), but thought Cartmanager could send to a paypal and show as "goods", making it harder for ebay/paypal to link the 2. I may simply create a new paypal to do this, because I created an ebay/paypal with the same name so I'm sure even if I use cartmanager as the checkout, the company has them "linked".