USING CCNOW-- as ALternate Merch Acct - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 11-26-2007

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
Default USING CCNOW-- as ALternate Merch Acct

Hi- Ive recd over 20 pms on ccnow lately. I just wanted veryone to be aware of a couple things BEFORE you jump in..
PROS + CONS:

CONS:
a.) It is a Merchant acct ALtrernative- you cannot use for a website + link a shopping cart.
b.) There is a Long wait for your funds. The very first sale-- say its $20, less ther fee, rounded up say your cut is $19. You will NOT see that $19 for at least 45 (forty five days) AFTER that sale. EX: say the forst sale is TODAY 11/26- then their acctg period runs from the 1st---15th each month, then the 16th-30th. Today is the 26th, so it falls in the 16-30 period, then the 30 day anniversary of that period would be Dec 30- then you get paid that Very next period, which is Jan 15th cut off- funds bank wired into your acct Jan16-17th.. (So thats from Nov 26--Jan 17th)--THEn, after the initial wait-- its every 2 weeks..
c.) Its not always INSTANT like paypal- sometimes things stay in BATCHING for hours..
d.) You have to manually send your buyers a ccnow invoice

PROS:
a.) They accept all major credit cards + PAYPAL
b.) You GET your money period. You wait for it- but you get it.
(not like paypal- where any time they like- they require all these forms back and forth, + lots of bs,, time + time again)
c.) Disputes with ccnow-- they ask you to answer an INQUIRY-- then YOU close the inquiry period. Its not like paypal, back and forth- in other words, you get treated like an adult. BUT... if we're talking about not shipping to the buyers, shipping wrong stuff,etc., thats another thing- i do not know what they will do?
d.) You ship the mdse, you add the tracking number, it moves it from the pending column to the in pay process column.
e.) THEY deal with paypal, and the limitations, etc. Also- your buyers are screened for fraud by ccnow.
f.) YOu can sell off ebay sales, by going to overstock.com, (actually Ive just today used another method that worked for a $450 sale--BUT if EBays watching-- Id rather you pm me on the private forum for it)-- dont want to make them buy out ccnow.. ) to control us further..
So- recap- if you can wait it out-- YES, you wil have that money in the bank- I was just looking today--what ends and ships by NOv 30-- I will get on Dec 16th-- thats my LAST payday with them till JAN 1st..
My situation is alittle different, the 45-60 dys was no biggie, and they had over $8,000 by then, but when it came in, I took my kids out on a shopping spree for toys + Healeys.. But, if you are counting on the funds to pay your bills, you may want to put a $10 sale through to start the 45-60 day countdown, then use some other method for the Holidays, then after wards, use them??
Just some thought.
Peace
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-26-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

Thanks ebayhateluv, good information.
Old 11-26-2007

Ouch 45 day wait to get your money. I dont know about CCNOW but with every other online payment accepter i used when i shipped something before i got paid and then they decided to ban me from useing there severice for what every f**ked up reason they can make up then i didnt get paid so i would never trust sending my stuff off useing ccnow and waiting 45 days to get paid and with in the 45 days something could happen like they dont like that u sell knock offs or what ever reason then banned you and not pay u.
Old 11-27-2007

It was the payout schedule that I can't do right now. It is something that I will consider once I get back where I was before my suspension.
Old 11-27-2007

isnt it the same with all real merchant accounts? where they send you money like every 15 days or so, but keep something like 3% in a "rolling reserve fund". i have a real legit business (totally unrelated to any ebay/paypal/selling stuff) and thats what they do. but its like 300$ setup and 50$ a month so ccnow looks like a great alternative wow..... argh..... its 250$ to cancel my merchant account in the first 2 years lol.
Old 11-27-2007

Activity: 8%

I have a real merchant account. Theres a batch processed everyday. At a certain time you can choose when to have you batch of all transactions processed. Which is then transfered to you account in 2-3 days. Ive had my merchant account for 2 years now.
Old 11-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Hey- I know the FIRST one is a WHOPPER--BUT, any one you guys looking to the future/further changes, may want to invest the $9.95- set it up, run 1 sale through and forget it. This way, come January, when we are all scurrying... all you have to wait is 14 days..
Just a Suggestion...
Best of Luck in all you do!
Old 11-27-2007
Banned

Longevity: 97%

So with ccnow, it doesnt work with Ebay?? Does it send emails to the buyer to checkout?
Old 11-27-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi-Yes-they Specifically process invoices for ebay + overstock.com. You just copy/paste the auction number+ buyers email from the you sold it ebay email-fill in the price+ send. buyers have choice-pay u with Paypal or Any Major cc. u get the funds direct deposit in your ck acct in 14-16 days
Old 11-27-2007
Threadstarter  

they also have a shop cart + some kind of html links-but I'm not the pc saavy one-I just do it manually...
Old 11-27-2007

Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
Hi-Yes-they Specifically process invoices for ebay + overstock.com. You just copy/paste the auction number+ buyers email from the you sold it ebay email-fill in the price+ send. buyers have choice-pay u with Paypal or Any Major cc. u get the funds direct deposit in your ck acct in 14-16 days
Thank you for this information. I need to look past Paypal and I will research this alternative.
Old 11-28-2007

I am excited, I want to try them, whats the website?
Old 11-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Merchant account alternative: CCNow (btw- they are a Digital River Co.-- if anyone is familar with that software group)??
Old 11-28-2007
Executive [VIP]

it seems i need have my own website to use it.how could i use to just sell on ebay?
Old 11-28-2007

I have a crazy question---we have a business and own our own cc terminal through a legitate, large bank. We use it to process our sales and funds are deposited into our business checking acct. Have already had this for over 1 year.

Is there any way to skip all this merchant services and use our own terminal to process ebay sales--I know for tax purposes this isn't ideal but would be willing to claim the income if it would work.

If this would work, I don't know if I would be able to set up a checkout page to do this--would people really want to think I am directly processing their sale? I haven't read anything in here about anyone else doing this--or mabey it is how everyone does it--please advise???

If it is possible, any idea how to get around giving ebay proof of this merchant account with all our business's "legitimate" info. on it???

Thanks for any thoughts!!!
Old 11-28-2007
Threadstarter  

Hi- we just sold a Catering Business, we had 2 machines. I still had the merch acct active + the amex acct is still active today. I did keep paying the montjly fees to keep it open. I could only use it for when a buyer emailed me to make a large buy- I would tell them its gonna show up as Italian xxx Catering, they said no problem. BUT, for everyday $20-$50 sale on ebay- I wouldnt know how to do that- I used ours for $500-$4000 sales, sold some used equip/ hot dog trailer, etc, advertised it on ebay + then ran the sales through the machine..
Old 11-28-2007

I was hoping that would somehow work--darn!! Well, the items I sell that I care about I get $200-$400 per item so I may look into it anyway--if there's a way, i'll post and let you know.

I have read all the posts and even asked questions about the merchant accounts because I need to get one. Lots on here are now saying ebay wants paperwork regarding your merchant account and you know that all has legit info. on them ebay can see. I'm no tech wizard like some of the others and can't skew the info. with false name etc. to get it by ebay, so it seems from what people are saying these have to be verified too by ebay--doesn't seem there's a point to even trying to sell there now if I have to verify and clear a merchant acct. with ebay--the point was to avoid proof to ebay!!

Very disappointing unless I can figure something else out. I have seen people selling their ebay accounts on here--too bad alot of these people who seem to really know what their doing don't offer a service to set someone back up----beginning to end--ebay accounts--merchant accounts, etc., etc., etc., NOW, there would be a service a would definately be willing ot pay for--i'm sure lots of others who don't understand 80% of the ways around things like me would pay for it too--these people wouldn't have to worry about selling anything on ebay anymore--they would make plenty of money off people like me who can't do it themself
Old 11-28-2007
Banned

Chris Super Hanson is here to help you. Send me a Pm and we can talk
Old 11-29-2007
Threadstarter  

FYI- for whoever needs it- heres the item number for the combo headset/mic/in line keypad for 6.99: (if this item is expired when you look at it- just look at sellers other items--listed as gaming usb headset)-- Item number: 260187754702
Old 11-29-2007

Thanks "Super Chris". I just might do that!!! First I have to figure out how to pm on here--next, I need to find time--mabey next week--but, I will definately take you up on that offer --Thanks
Old 12-01-2007
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 96%

ebayhateluv-hey- I sent you a PM, but I apologize if you are overwhelmed. I didn't want to ask openly in a public forum how you use your ccnow statement to satisy ebay's request for one?
Old 12-01-2007
Threadstarter  

hi-I uploaded one of my ccnow stmts to chris hanson-he's gonna post for u guys..sorry -I tried a copy + paste but that's not doin it...chris is the Master PC person!