Merchant Account Forum - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 12-25-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%
Default Merchant Account Forum

Tired of Paypal? Ready to start using a real Merchant account? Learn what the Powersellers are using. There are alternatives to Paypal and this is what this forum is about. If you're using a Merchant account now, we want to hear about it. If you have any questions on Merchant Accounts, we'll try to help. Move pass Paypal and you'll have a safer eBay account.

Old 12-27-2007

Longevity: 94%
Default Im sure....

Im sure no matter what you do that is illegal, CRAPbay is goingto find a way to suspend you. What about those auctiva rates for merchant accounts? They seem insane, but if im able to use a merchant account along with different info for my ebay account, im all for it. does anyone use merchant checkout by auctiva? how does it work?
Old 12-27-2007
Administrator
Threadstarter  

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Half the people on this forum using alternatives to Paypal. Before you could just say you don't accept Paypal and that you have a merchant account. You could then send an invoice to the buyer after the sale. If you use Checkout, send them the invoice and they pay. But now ebay wants to verify your merchant account before you can use it. Its just more of a pain now, but it still works.
Old 12-28-2007

Thank goodness we are starting to massively use a way around paypal, and buyers are accepting this change. Maybe everyone is just sick of PP.
Old 12-28-2007

Longevity: 95%

I've used Ccnow since AUgust now--sure, had a couple jerks..give me the 3rd degree, but all in all it was worth it--just like paypal--you can also change your email address in ccnow--
__ so, you can change to a diff email once you switch accts..
__For me-- its like a Savings acct-- i cant spend on everyday Junk- cds, mcdonalds,etc. whats not on an atm card.. CCnow only deposits on the 1st + 15th. ..looking forward to over $20k in 3 days..(+ no holds/freezes/limitations)..They suffer all that with paypal..not me
Old 12-30-2007

Let me see if I have this down on how this works. Once you set up a merchant account, and say you just sold a item on ebay for $200. You then send the winner of the auction a invoice through your merchant account for the total amount due. Then the customer can use their paypal account to pay you, in turn goes into your merchant account which you can withdraw the funds from there??? So that you never even have to use SUCKpal!!! Please let me know if I have this info correct, I'm still learning but very greatful for all the info you guys have shared on this fourm
The Following User Says Thank You to rollinlove For This Useful Post:
usmanchughtai (03-09-2012)
Old 12-30-2007

Longevity: 98%

When I use a merchant account only, I find it really helps to explain in my auction all the ways paypal is bad for the buyer. Not seller, but unsafe for buyer.

Also, how does CCNOW handle paypal disputes and credit card chargebacks through paypal? Can you fight them?
Old 12-31-2007

I've been reading this forum for quite some while now. Ever since ebay and paypal started linking accounts, I've had problems getting reinstated.

So I understand that we're no longer supposed to use our paypal accounts because we'll get suspended. So we need a merchant account now. But will these merchant accounts still accept paypal payments? If so, is there a way to make it so that the "pay now" button in the listings leads directly to payment through the merchant account?

Please reply thanks
Old 12-31-2007

HI- Having had 3 ccnow disputes oin the last 5 months- heres what they do-- they send you an inquiry-- YOU, not them closes it.. I had the same guy buy 2 items, of course BOTH were unsatisfactory so i just gave them returns address, thats it.. The 3rd was another last name, but same city- same thing- disappointed--so i sent same message- gave buyer return instructions--and its closed.. As for Paypal- I can proove delivery-- so thats it- had last dispute september 5 or 6th- never heard anymore.. they freeze amount of inquiry until YOU close it- then goes back into your balance..
Old 12-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayhateluv View Post
HI- Having had 3 ccnow disputes oin the last 5 months- heres what they do-- they send you an inquiry-- YOU, not them closes it.. I had the same guy buy 2 items, of course BOTH were unsatisfactory so i just gave them returns address, thats it.. The 3rd was another last name, but same city- same thing- disappointed--so i sent same message- gave buyer return instructions--and its closed.. As for Paypal- I can proove delivery-- so thats it- had last dispute september 5 or 6th- never heard anymore.. they freeze amount of inquiry until YOU close it- then goes back into your balance..
Was it a hassle initially setting up your CCNOW account on ebay?
Old 12-31-2007

HI- I did NOT set it up on ebay-- You set it up at Merchant account alternative: CCNow, then in ebay you list as acceptin merchant accts paypments. IN my decript-- I put PLEASE ..wait for Auction Invoice;
Accepting PAYPAL, Mastercard/Visa/Discover Card/American Express/Debit Card....
Then in Pyt Instructions at bottom--same thing in caps-- then i write down my auction ending dates/times on a post it note-- put it on my index card for that acct--
This way- if I'm at the Mall- and I know i got 3 aucitons ending in 10 mins-- I either rush home--or head for a library-- I get those invoices out asap--
I typed a generic bioler plate to accompany the invoice--telling them, they will receive an invoice from our Retail Merchant acct, ccnow
__ it is 100% secure + we accept paypal,etc., etc..
-- ANY HASSLES-- I reply--Dear Sir/Madame:
I am sorry we doNOT have a personal Paypal acct, just a Retail Merchant acct that accepts ALL Pyts, like walmart.com,
--- Please pay with your choice of pyt securely--here is the link again:
(and I copy/paste the ccnow link to pay)-- It may take you a few tries-but I can copy/paste an invoice in under a minute.. (WITH spelling mistakes of course)-- but they get it... )
Good Luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebayhateluv For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (05-28-2013), usmanchughtai (03-09-2012)
Old 01-22-2008

has anyone used merchantinc yet, says its work great with ebay
Old 01-22-2008

Thats who I have! It is through First Data

It works awesome!! They automatically send invoices to buyers, etc.

The software they use is SNSCART

I highly recommend!! Easy to transfer to different ebay accts!!!
Old 01-22-2008

I just signed up for them, says it works great with ebay and stuff worth a shot
monthly fees are about 30.00 right, do u have any problems with people paying thru them
Old 01-22-2008

not at all --- it goes right to the checking account

you will be able to have a checkout button on your listing AND snscart will automatically send emails to all of your winners

PLUS you will have the option of sending manual invoices

AND you can even accept Google Checkout and PayPal (not that you would ever want to accept paypal) in addtion to credit cards through the SNSCART
Old 01-22-2008

Mr . Josh-- Great Input.. Again!
Could you tell us, how long till you get paid from Merchant inc?
IS the website www (dot) merchantinc (dot) com?
Thanks
Old 01-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJosh View Post
AND you can even accept Google Checkout and PayPal (not that you would ever want to accept paypal) in addtion to credit cards through the SNSCART
What do you you mean you can accept PayPal? Are they like CCNow (where they accept PayPal for you so you don't have to deal with the hassel)?
Old 01-22-2008

It says 24 hours, I used to own a restaurant and i used first data i believe its the same company, took 1 day on the average with first data.
I just signed up says takes 2 days to start up.
Old 01-22-2008

usually you get paid in your checking account in 3 business days

they were easy to set up----i have horrible credit and it was still quick and easy for me---it is a realy merchant account (First Data)

You can accept paypal but it is to your own account---i of course dont accept them!
Old 01-22-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJosh View Post
usually you get paid in your checking account in 3 business days

they were easy to set up----i have horrible credit and it was still quick and easy for me---it is a realy merchant account (First Data)

You can accept paypal but it is to your own account---i of course dont accept them!
thank josh, check your pm
Old 01-24-2008

i just signed up for the first data account, and it seems like it is going to be realy good. is there any concern about linking that merchant account with the ebay accounts? the rep at first data says they do not share any info with ebay. is this true? am i safe with adding the link to the ebay checkouts?
Old 01-24-2008
Executive [VIP]

MrJosh, question for you, check your pm