Can a non-US citizen open a US Google Checkout Buyer Account? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 08-19-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Can a non-US citizen open a US Google Checkout Buyer Account?

Hi,

I would just like to ask how do I open a US google checkout buyer account and get verified?

I do not need a merchant as I am not selling anything. It is just that there are some US shopping sites that only accept US issued credit cards and they don't ship overseas. So the only alternative payments they accept is a US PayPal account or Google Checkout, so I can use either of these. PayPal's just too much work for me with having to verify a bank account and all.

So I am looking at Google Checkout. I have a US VPN service. So the other day I was making payment in a US shopping site, I used my US VPN so it looked like I was in the US. So I did not have a google checkout account and so created one from the merchant's website and used one of my entropay virtual cards to make payment, the payment went through.

I used an aol email so I did not make a mistake of using a google account created with my Singapore ip. But the next day I checked my aol email, I received an email from Google Checkout stating 'We were unable to verify the account information for your recent purchase with Google Checkout. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended and your recent order has been cancelled'. So my order was cancelled.

So I am not sure what happened. Basically I used a US mail forwarding address and for the telephone number I just used the contact number of the US mail forwarder I am using. So I am not sure if Google made a verification call or what verification they are talking about. On their website it states the only verification for buyer accounts is a verification email will be sent and the buyer just needs to click on that link and that is it.

Sorry for the long winded post. I just need help in finding out what happened, what did I do wrong so I can avoid the same mistakes. Was it because I used an entropay card which are not issued by a US bank. Should I have used a US bank issued VCC? Any recommendations for a US bank issued VCC?

What about the telephone number, should I buy a US telephone number instead of using the mail forwarder's telephone number?

Thanks for any advice I appreciate it.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-20-2010

Longevity: 81%

When you sign up for Google Checkout account you have to provide SSN or Tax ID number
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttorpey28 View Post
Hi,

I would just like to ask how do I open a US google checkout buyer account and get verified?

I do not need a merchant as I am not selling anything. It is just that there are some US shopping sites that only accept US issued credit cards and they don't ship overseas. So the only alternative payments they accept is a US PayPal account or Google Checkout, so I can use either of these. PayPal's just too much work for me with having to verify a bank account and all.

So I am looking at Google Checkout. I have a US VPN service. So the other day I was making payment in a US shopping site, I used my US VPN so it looked like I was in the US. So I did not have a google checkout account and so created one from the merchant's website and used one of my entropay virtual cards to make payment, the payment went through.

I used an aol email so I did not make a mistake of using a google account created with my Singapore ip. But the next day I checked my aol email, I received an email from Google Checkout stating 'We were unable to verify the account information for your recent purchase with Google Checkout. As a result, your account has been temporarily suspended and your recent order has been cancelled'. So my order was cancelled.

So I am not sure what happened. Basically I used a US mail forwarding address and for the telephone number I just used the contact number of the US mail forwarder I am using. So I am not sure if Google made a verification call or what verification they are talking about. On their website it states the only verification for buyer accounts is a verification email will be sent and the buyer just needs to click on that link and that is it.

Sorry for the long winded post. I just need help in finding out what happened, what did I do wrong so I can avoid the same mistakes. Was it because I used an entropay card which are not issued by a US bank. Should I have used a US bank issued VCC? Any recommendations for a US bank issued VCC?

What about the telephone number, should I buy a US telephone number instead of using the mail forwarder's telephone number?

Thanks for any advice I appreciate it.
Old 08-20-2010
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcpqcsco View Post
When you sign up for Google Checkout account you have to provide SSN or Tax ID number
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But when I signed up I do not recall being asked for a ssn or tax id number. Also I signed up for the buyer account and not the merchant account since I do not need a merchant account just a buyer account to make online payment.
Old 08-20-2010

Longevity: 81%

I'm sorry I thought that you need a Google Checkout Merchant account :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberttorpey28 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But when I signed up I do not recall being asked for a ssn or tax id number. Also I signed up for the buyer account and not the merchant account since I do not need a merchant account just a buyer account to make online payment.
Old 08-20-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

But you see...getting a buyer account VERIFIED on google checkout would enable it for selling...so SSN would be needed.

I tried as Canadian but is not offered....yet. Stiffed again!
Old 09-16-2010

Longevity: 78%
Default I tried it and it worked

I tried google checkout and it worked form canada
huh?
did I mabe hit US?
Old 01-27-2011

Longevity: 91%

hello:
i have an alternate for SSN for Canadians but how would you cash out if you don't have a bank account.
Old 02-03-2011

Longevity: 76%

Opening an American bank account is not difficult for Canadians. The link below is a few years old, but is updated in the comments section.

How to Open a US Bank Account as a Canadian Citizen « Beyond the Rhetoric

I am stuck at Google Checkout's requirement for an SSN or Tax ID number. It looks as though Google will take a credit card number instead, but I assume that they want an American credit card, no?? Any ideas?
Old 02-06-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

I believe you can also with a DBA and bypass SSN.