eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   Which pay processor best for my situation? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/23129-pay-processor-best-my-situation.html)

fortuna 09-28-2010 05:02 AM

Which pay processor best for my situation?

I could use some help choosing which merchant account to use for my short term needs and which one for my long term needs (or if I need more than one).

Right now, in the short term, I am selling off my large collection of computer hardware / accessories, video games, audio / video equipment and accessories and so on. I need to raise as much money as I can as quickly as possible so we can pay some bills in Oct (I lost my real world income last week without any notice). I'm using eBay / Paypal but Paypal is screwing me over w/ the 21 day hold thing even though I have over 30 transactions on eBay (5 sales and the rest purchases) with 100 percent positive. I don't meet any of the supposed "rules" for triggering the hold, obviously - so I know it's just yet another Paypal scam to hold onto money as long as possible and eliminate certain kinds of sellers in favor of high volume / corporate members. We're talking about a very large number of small, inexpensive items and a few expensive collectibles, most of my auctions are 99 cent, no reserve and I will sell these older but still working gadgets even if they bid up to one or two bucks. My most expensive item is over 1000.00 with a few buy it now items for 100.00 or so. The grand total starting bid value for everything will be 3 or 4 thousand dollars.

I'm looking at CCNow and 2CO so I can accept credit cards and paypal without having to deal with Paypal's 21 day scam.

Long term, I plan to sell a handful of items which I will manufacture myself. One of these is an item that sells really well on eBay for 100-150.00 and sometimes more. My version (which I invented) is better in terms of build quality, durability, ongoing cost to use and can be priced much lower than the alternatives. (15.00 to 50.00 cost to manufacture, will probably price them from 25.00 to 100.00 depending on size / features). I will also be setting up my own website to sell this item in addition to eBay and other online venues with talks underway to supply retailers as well). I'm working on designs for some other items which are related to the primary product which will share the same benefits (better and cheaper cost / pricing).

Would either of the payment processors I mentioned be suitable for this long term plan AND the short term or is there a better way to go long term?

I really appreciate any advise you folks can give me on this, I wish Paypal was a viable solution but I can't afford to risk my entire business plan with their history of dishonesty and poor support.