eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Payment Gateways (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/)
-   -   How do these merchant accounts work with paypal? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/payment-gateways/23608-how-do-these-merchant-accounts-work-paypal.html)

jkim 10-10-2010 02:53 PM

How do these merchant accounts work with paypal?

So I recently got my Paypal limited then 'appeal denied'
I am still able to use my ebay account but sales are down because I can not accept paypal.

I see many alternative options and I've been using Moneybookers to continue my business, sales been down but it's helping me put food on the table.

So I've been studying and searching and see that there are merchant accounts that can accept paypal payments, I didn't understand 100% what they meant by "accept paypal". Does this mean that I can have customers pay with their paypal accounts to my Merchant Account even if I don't have a paypal account myself? Please help me fully understand this process because sales been way down since my Paypal stopped working.

Thank you in advance guys.

mr888 10-11-2010 01:35 PM

CCnow takes paypal payments on your behalf yes

rsot 10-11-2010 02:05 PM

As mr888 says - only thing is you might have to do manual invoicing - bit of a pain but hopefully your clients bite.

jkim 10-12-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 173323)
As mr888 says - only thing is you might have to do manual invoicing - bit of a pain but hopefully your clients bite.

what do you mean manually?

12patron 10-12-2010 04:21 AM

About merchant accounts, can someone tell more?

rsot 10-12-2010 11:55 AM

Manual invoicing means you click on invoice -> enter e-mail, price, all info then send. Also e-mail your customer explaining that your processor accepts both paypal, credit cards, etc.

You can't really do it via ebay checkout....

jkim 10-12-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 173487)
Manual invoicing means you click on invoice -> enter e-mail, price, all info then send. Also e-mail your customer explaining that your processor accepts both paypal, credit cards, etc.

You can't really do it via ebay checkout....

so when they purchase an item from me they will have no way to pay until i manually send them an invoice? so it doesnt link to ebay like moneybookers where ebay marks it as payment received when payment is received in to my moneybookers account? basically i can not integrate it? is there a merchant account that works together with ebay checkout instead of "manual" invoicing?

FandangoKango 10-12-2010 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkim (Post 173068)
So I recently got my Paypal limited then 'appeal denied'
I am still able to use my ebay account but sales are down because I can not accept paypal.

I see many alternative options and I've been using Moneybookers to continue my business, sales been down but it's helping me put food on the table.

So I've been studying and searching and see that there are merchant accounts that can accept paypal payments, I didn't understand 100% what they meant by "accept paypal". Does this mean that I can have customers pay with their paypal accounts to my Merchant Account even if I don't have a paypal account myself? Please help me fully understand this process because sales been way down since my Paypal stopped working.

Thank you in advance guys.

a merchant account is company that processes credit card, debit card payments and other payments for you. you will need to sign up with them. paypal has nothing to do with merchant accounts from other companies like ccnow or first data unless im wrong.

benefits of a merchant account? money goes straight to your bank account when somebody pays.

disadvantages of a merchant account on ebay? most people only wanna pay with paypal

how do you use a merchant account with a stealth ebay that was created after 2007? i have no idea since you have to fax ebay your merchant account info unless you have a pre-2007 account meaning an account created in 2007 or before which requires no faxing for merchant accounts.

jkim 10-12-2010 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FandangoKango (Post 173562)
a merchant account is company that processes credit card, debit card payments and other payments for you. you will need to sign up with them. paypal has nothing to do with merchant accounts from other companies like ccnow or first data unless im wrong.

benefits of a merchant account? money goes straight to your bank account when somebody pays.

disadvantages of a merchant account on ebay? most people only wanna pay with paypal

how do you use a merchant account with a stealth ebay that was created after 2007? i have no idea since you have to fax ebay your merchant account info unless you have a pre-2007 account meaning an account created in 2007 or before which requires no faxing for merchant accounts.

my ebay account is a legit account with all the legit info, it is also pre nov 07? i didnt know there was anything special about this but i guess theres an advantage when using merchant account?

what i want to know is when i setup a merchant account with ebay, i have to manually send invoices to buyers or will it automatically redirect buyers to a checkout page where they enter there credit card to pay? also what is this pre nov 07 accounts good for? i have one and im not even sure