1 Merchant Account for multiple eBay accounts? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 10-20-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default 1 Merchant Account for multiple eBay accounts?

The title of this thread pretty much sums it up...

Is it possible to have 1 Merchant Account (say through M+) linked to multiple stealth eBay accounts?

I did read a thread in regards to this issue but there wasn't much for definite answers. Just thought I would re-open this topic to see if there's any other info regarding this matter.

Thanks!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Holy guys, don't all answer at once now.
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Welcome to the forums first of all.

Now you cannot have 1 merchant account AUTOMATICALLY linked to multiple stealth eBay accounts.

On the other hand, you can manually use the same account to invoice =)

Has been done - dangerous if buyers complain to eBay but if all is nice and quiet...you're ok.
Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the reply and for the welcome, rsot!

By invoicing them manually, do you mean:

Not listing a payment type and maybe just stating, "please wait until you receive invoice to pay." Or something of that nature?

Is it my best bet to fax my info for my merchant account to eBay or should I try to keep the fact that I am using a Merchant account, WITHOUT PAYPAL from them for as long as possible?

Faxing eBay my Merchant info worries me because if that eBay account gets limited I can't legitimately use my merchant account with a new eBay account, correct?

Thanks again!
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

No - do not put that in your listings. Exactly - do not give info to eBay unless they ask for it...even then I wouldn't.

Manual invoicing means you message the buyer right after auction is over - telling them about merchant processor. You have to disable checkout.
Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Wouldn't there be some complications with the buyer if they went into the auction, thinking that they could pay with PayPal only to find out that I use a Merchant Account?

I guess I'm just worried that when I tell them that I only use a Merchant account that they will then contact eBay, ask them about it, and then eBay will ask which listing/seller it is, and BAM, I am then caught using a Merchant Account without telling eBay about it.

Am I missing something?
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

That's always a potential complication - that's why I use a merchant processor that accepts paypal and then tell the buyer that you accept paypal. You can't just use ONLY a merchant account.

Sometimes the buyer still wants just to paypal straight up so i use a side paypal that i cant touch because...well withdrawal = auto-kill - I can stand to wait on that money.

Keep in mind that this tactic is not at all straightforward and I do not recommend you operating like I do if you care about the buyer's use for paypal. I do this because for the amount that comes into my merchant account, I can wait on the money in paypal. I have many other things on the side to keep myself occupado.
Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
use a side paypal that i cant touch because...well withdrawal = auto-kill - I can stand to wait on that money.
I'm sorry for all of the questions but this particular quote has me confused

Okay, I was researching merchant accounts and there isn't many affordable options for Canadians... that I found anyways... One option I'm looking into is CCNow because like what you said, the buyer can pay via PayPal. Along with using CCNow, do you also have ANOTHER PayPal account linked to your eBay or do you just strictly use CCNow?

BTW - I am assuming that you use CCNow because of what you said in another thread.

"Same I use ccNow - the cut is rougher than Paypal but it works well. In order to stay operating on eBay, I use Moneybookers on the eBay account as accepted payment modality."

If you just use CCNow, do you state this in your listing or do you tell the buyer this upon invoicing him/her? If this is what you do, how often does a buyer complain and report you to eBay?

Wow, again I am very sorry for all of the questions.
Old 10-22-2010
Executive [VIP]

Correctly assumed about CCNow use. No I do not state that in my auctions - I manually invoice and then send buyer a message IF they havent hit me with paypal payment already.

About that quote, my initial paypal was limited - stealth info, never got the ID + paperwork for them so I said fug it. I opened up a second receivable paypal - that got blocked immediately on withdrawal. So I opened up a third, etc. Just backup payment acceptance. Silly yes, life-destructive? No.

I have to keep Paypal going because of it's ease. Again, I do not recommend doing this.

Set-up a stealth ebay + pp combo and use CCNow to manually invoice.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
e-service (01-20-2011), schaffer84 (10-22-2010)
Old 10-22-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for all of your help, rsot!

I have one more question for you, if you don't mind. It's a little off topic but here goes...

How do I go about buying items off of eBay with a stealth PayPal account? I mean, the address on the stealth account will not be my actual address, so how would I have the seller ship the item to my actual address?

Any info, links, etc would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-22-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

I wouldn't do it....can link FAIRLY easily and getting a MERCHANT ACCOUNT is no simple task like setting up a stealth account!
Maineone1 (11-29-2010)
Old 10-23-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
I wouldn't do it....can link FAIRLY easily and getting a MERCHANT ACCOUNT is no simple task like setting up a stealth account!
Thanks holymoly for your input. Do you just suggest using multiple stealth eBay and PP accounts?
Old 11-29-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Yes schaffer84, definately the quicker/easier route to go FOR SURE.
Old 12-09-2010

Longevity: 77%

It's easy to open up a new checking/savings acct. Isn't easier to set up a few of these and purchase a few aged ebay/PP business verified accts and link them to one each to one checking acct? From there, get a couple of free dial up IPS's to log into each acct. Making sure you always log in to each acct with the same IP as you signed up with? Basically, you will now have 3,4,5 ebay accts each linked to different checking accts so you can get paid. Would this work? It'll cost you a few bucks to get this working, maybe $200, but will this work? It's not illegal, it's just sidestepping all the hoops that ebay and PP put on their sellers.