CCNow or Google Checkout? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 03-15-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default CCNow or Google Checkout?

Have been reading through the forums and checked out CCNow and GoogleCheckout to replace PP entirely from listings in Ebay.

Please keep in mind, personally, I have never used anything but PP but tired of the way-too-close relationship they have w/Ebay. From a pure "checkout for dummies", perspective can someone recommend which would be the easiest (for now) and least expensive to use in lieu of PP?

I believe ditching PP would also eliminate the need for opening yet another bank account & verification, blah, blah, blah? Yes?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-15-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI, Disgusted..
good name )

Well, Google checkout is easier, and u get paid faster,
ccnow, takes paypal for you, converts to cash in your bank acct, but u have to wait to get your money.
I have both..
-- I dont know how to do the fancy cart integration, but I have read that u can use cart mgr, and use it with google..
--The ccnow folks are unfamiliar, but when u advertise u take paypal--u arent lying..
I would weigh them both, also alot of us are getting our own merchant accts, like the retail stores, but something called authorize.net..
--they also deposit into your bank acct right away..
We have had many discussions on this, and the members have come up with many good,solid ideas,
--there is a section aspkin has built called merch acct/alternatives, covering all of them--main page,scroll down about 1/2 way..
Best of luck
Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the response. I did read some info. in section called merch acct/alternatives -- tons of information...so much, your head starts to spin

Will look into authorize.net but sorry to say, that the head-set/comfort level of the common-Ebayer is that of using PP. With that being said, would you then recommend CCNow, being that they really do use PP? Is there another merch. acct. that also uses PP?

Again, does eliminating PP mean eliminating opening bank accounts? Trying to think the whole thing through & it seems you need the bank account for PP...not Ebay. Right?
Old 03-15-2008

HI:
always good to have back up accts, checking,savings,
--I have used ccnow since august, i think because of my fb level, and that i now have all the buyers excuses downpat-- for reasons they dont want to use--in the end, either they use it or get a upi...
---ccnow can send a check, but i have them deposit into my business ck acct-it takes 2 days
---during the holidays, always aware of the pp limitation around the corner-- i used google, ccnow, and 3 pp accts rotating..
came out of the holidays with 2 pp limited- 1 lost for good the other lifted--but i know the next limitation is around the corner..prob july 4th weekend like last year--holidays are good for my sales, as folks are home,. shopping..
__as for another-- I havent used it--i think its 2checkout
Old 03-15-2008
Threadstarter  

It really is too bad that the relationship between PP & Ebay is tight. I have several PP acounts -- one of which since 2000...never limited...never a problem. Unfortunately, that username, the email linked to it and my real name used for that account are ALL suspended from Ebay. Great account but can't really touch it.

Torn between Google & CCnow. Seems Google is less $ but no PP accepted and on the other side CCnow is more $$ but accepts PP.

Silly question for you...if I use Google Checkout, it looks like I have to do everything manually. In other words, when an auction closes, I have to send out an email to winner w/link to checkout w/google...correct? Also, in my listing, it appears, I have to put a blurb in about waiting to receive email from me before trying to send funds...is that correct?
Old 03-15-2008

Longevity: 94%

I have both and Ccnow works better for me as far as getting people to use it vs Google. It is a bit of a wait, especially the first payment, but I was ok with that..but yes you have to send out the invoices, there may be a way to automate them, but I do it manually..Its a little more work than just using PP but less headache and its worth it..

Look thru the boards about automating invoices I know its been discussed..
Old 03-15-2008

Yes, Lizard is Correct..
And as for ccnow, theres no automation,, just the friendly-copy/paste--but u get good at it..
As for google, I believe Modee posted a very informative thread on using cartmanager with google ck out--this I am sorry- I do not know how to do--
U can find his posts, by the serach box-upper left-drop down menu-then search for posts about cartmanager, googlecheckout, or modee..

HI: Heres one post specifically about the linking of cartmanager and googlecheckout:
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/merchan...rtmanager.html
Old 03-15-2008

Yeah ive gotten good at sending the invoices, if your using a browser with tabs you can just open everything and copy/paste between tabs..

a little advise-If you go with Ccnow get your account open asap and get that first payment to get things rolling..good luck
Old 03-22-2008

With CCNow do u guys ship the stuff off before the paid periord ends? and if so what happens if ur CCNow account gets banned do u still get paid? or do u lose the money and the stuff u send out like for EX: u are selling knock off purses on ebay but list them as origianl and u use ccnow and after a few months severice the get word of what your selling and suppended your account will u still get paid?
Old 03-22-2008

I haven't had this happen but I think ebayhateluv said she has only had a few diputes (and its better than Paypal) but they won't freeze your funds like Paypal...once they pay, the money doesn't move into your balance till you ship...so I use Endicia and ship (easy copy and paste) then enter the tracking number into Ccnow and it moves into my balance..I don't sell knock-offs so im not worried about that part but I don't think they will hold your funds if you get suspended...you should be fine unless people start doing a bunch of disputes...
Old 03-22-2008

Yeah i figerd i can use ccnow on the *******s who refuse to pay useing google cause i have alot of them! Plus when google decieds one day to just delete my account and refund my buyers then i will have a backup source till i get another google account running.
Old 03-22-2008

Yeah but then it gives google your item number then they can checkup on you like view the listing then if u get banned or bunch of bad feedback then google might banned you as well and also it only sends 1 invoice to the buyers and u never guess how many of my buyers will eather delete that email or not get it at all so when i use C-manger i will email a invoice then send like 5 or 6 to the buyers email so there more then likely going to get them.
Old 03-23-2008

I do not think "Google" would ban you from bad EBAY feedback. EBAY and Google are in constant fights. The only way "Google" would ban you is for excessive charge-backs.
Old 03-25-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 97%

ccnow and googlecheckout would watch the items you sell?if you sell vero then they would suspend your account?
Old 03-26-2008

yeah i had google look into what i was selling and said it appears to be counterfit goods even though they had no proff they did warn me and said i could be suppened so this is why i dont like google haveing the ebay item #.
Old 03-26-2008

HI, Folks:
I dont know about google.. BUT, I can honestly say--CCNOW does not ck item numbers, I ve used ccnow for many, many accts--had at least 8-10 suspended, just keep going, never even an email from them,,
--HOW WOULD THEY KNOW??
++ Remember the Security aspect of a merchant acct-- I have -0- chargebacks, so why would they care if i went through 100 ebay accts??
Old 03-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

ebayhateluv,i dont think ccnow care about the ebay accounts you use but it has no no list,so do they really care about what you sell?
Old 03-26-2008
Executive [VIP]

ebayhateluv,when you open the ccnow account,Name of your Web Store,do you give them the url of your ebay account or your own website?
Old 03-27-2008

Ok so if u use ccnow and say u sell a brand new apple laptop pc and get paid via ccnow from a buyer who uses paypal then u send a 1999 apple laptop pc to the buyer or something thats not even a laptop and the buyer gose to paypal and opens a case then get there money back then what happens to your ccnow account do they eat the loss or come after you?