Google Checkout does request information and verify documents - and check EBAY status - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 07-09-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 99%

I hate GC & PAYPAL im find with my merchant account & cartmanager the best thing since project kool-Aid
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2008

Longevity: 92%
Default Google Checkout DOES check your ebay status- what's the next best alternative?

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here but thought I might share my experience with GCO. I've been using GCO for over a year with no problems until now. A few months ago, my ebay account was "suspended"/registration "on hold" because paypal wanted me to go through the SSN verification and my ebay account was suspended until this was resolved. This paypal verification wasn't prompted by disputes or anything, and from what I have read, it seems to be procedural. I was using GCO to process my orders, but after Google canceled one transaction which they marked it as a "high risk order," I used paypal for one item (about $700). After I processed that payment and withdrew funds (in retrospect, v stupid, I know), I got the limitation email, and not long after that- the suspension email- and MOST INTERESTING- not long after THAT- I got a request from Google for further verification before they could process any more pay outs. Coincidence? Not sure, but it definitely seemed fishy. Also interesting, at that point, I had not listed a website where I sell my items, so the only way GCO could have known about my suspension was by filtering it from my Gmail account.

I faxed in all the info to paypal, got reinstated, was selling fine for the next few months. I recently got suspended (faxed in my docs and waiting for reply) for selling VERO items, which are AUTHENTIC (I work for this company). I faxed in a notarized statement from a VP in our legal department verifying that my items in question are authentic, and ebay still won't remove my vero "strike", claiming that even though my item may be authentic, it contained "indicators often linked to fraudulent listings" and they won't tell me what "idicators" they were- WHATEVER, good thing I have 6 back up accounts, thanks to this site. Oh well, waiting for the reinstatement decision.

ANYWAY, sorry to make this so long, just want to be thorough- the day after I got suspended, I tried to log on to GCO to process an order from another ebay account and found a msg that my "merchant account is closed"- no email or notice from Google. I wrote to inquire, and they only said I "didn't follow terms of service" and my account would not be reactivated- I have never had a dispute or successful chargeback on my GCO account! The only reason they closed my account is because my ebay was suspended!

I think the good old days of the separation of Google and ebay are quickly coming to an end. I have several good, verified paypal accounts, but don't want to use them at any cost. My question is- what is the next best thing to Google checkout, preferably one that doesn't require you to use your ssn? I have registered for ccnow, but need something else to use during the 45 day "holding period" I've heard bidpay has a $1500/month limit? That wouldn't work for me. What about auctioncheckout?

THANKS for reading, this site is awesome!
Old 08-06-2008
Banned

Is there really a site that does this?
Old 08-07-2008

Longevity: 98%

Why do sellers even use google checkout when it likes to steal money from sellers and given buyers free items?
Old 10-10-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default google checkout verify acc now!

Google Checkout was unable to verify the account information you provided during the sign-up process. Although you may still accept and charge new orders at this time, you are required to complete the form below to receive any future payouts.

Note: The account verification process is not related to the bank verification you completed during sign up.

Collect all of the following documents, and write your Google Checkout Merchant ID number at the top of each document:
The front of your business license
The front of your driver's license
Proof of address for each address entered in your Google Checkout merchant account. Acceptable forms of proof of address include the following:
Driver's license with matching address
Bank statement
Credit card bill (please black out the first 12 digits of your card number)
Water, phone or other utility bill
Business license
The original supplier invoices/receipts for your last 3 order(s). Invoices must contain order details and your supplier's phone number.
To help us better understand your business, information on the services or items you're providing, the nature of your business, and how you acquire your customers.
Scan or copy each document, making sure the copies are clear and legible.
Submit the documents to Google within five business days using the form below. Alternatively, you may fax the information to 650 887 1640, Attn: 'Google Account Verification'.
We'll contact you by email once we've received and verified your information.

any body get the same problem ?
Old 10-17-2008
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 91%

yes ,i got the same problems as well, but i managed to solve it by providing them the related info ,if you can not provide all the information, just provide the information you have and give them an explaination please PM me ,if you have any other questions ,
Old 10-17-2008
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 1%

no, i havent had that problem with my google checkout.
Old 12-02-2008

Longevity: 90%
Default Google checkout requesting business url?

Hey guys,
So thanks to all of you I setup a google checkout account with cartmanager, everythign is working. But I just got an email from Google saying that I must input a business url. I do not have any websites.

What should I do?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

just find a website that sales what you sale and use it as yours it well work for awhile

even though when u sign up with GC it says opitional to put down a URL but then they make it required later on after u make the GC acccount.
Old 12-03-2008
MU

Just create a quick ⊗⊗⊗⊗ website and insert google checkout
Old 12-03-2008

Longevity: 95%

it works i did it in the past but in time they will figer it out and request a new url. I used ebay as my site as well and if they asked i told them i sold on ebay which they didnt have a problem with it.
Old 12-03-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Just make a quick website using one of your ebay auction descriptions or use a free shopping cart and integrate google checkout into it. Long term you can have a successful online business.
Old 12-03-2008

Longevity: 90%

I was thinking that, just wanted to see if I could avoid it somehow. Thanks for the info.
Old 02-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

Few questions

using gc for non ebay sales in UK

Saw a post saying they put real name on statement, really, I set it up so invoice says business name on it, they have my real details obviously though.
what is their policy on processing payments for vero items.
what is their policy if buyer wants refund under £100, so therefore cant do chargeback, do they go ahead and give it to them or is there a resolution procedure like paypal
Just like poopal favours buyers, is gc more balanced, saw post saying they give spontaeous refunds - harsh buyer keeps money and goods!
Does it take money out of the bank account you have attached to it without permission.

thanks

Last edited by oompaloompa; 02-14-2009 at 11:42 AM.