By January 2009 all payments will be integrated through EBAY Checkout - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions > Payment Gateways

Payment Gateways Payment Gateway Discussions - Stripe Accounts, PayPal Accounts, Authorize.Net, Coinbase and More.

Old 01-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 98%

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200901081220082.html
Quote:
Buyers will be able to pay sellers directly to their Internet merchant account by entering their credit card information in eBay’s secure checkout instead of sending information via phone or email. You will need to sign up for a Payflow Gateway account in March to connect your Internet merchant account to eBay.

So you have to call your merchant account provider, have it connected to Payflow, so then eBay will know all info about you and can ban you more easily. Payflow is some gateway related to PayPal that I mentioned earlier. I'd read in summer 2008 that payflow was up and working. I guess in March 2009, eBay intends to connect it with its website. Who knows if they'll try to force people to use it.

PayFlow Gateway:
Pros:
* Likely cheaper than authorize.net or free

Cons:
* eBay tracking you more
* Might lack features of authorize.net such as viewing buyer IP, the fraud detection suite that can stop someone from hammering 30 declines and costing you a lot of money

Last edited by Jonas; 01-09-2009 at 02:11 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 88%

Well this is sad and would seemingly CHANGE EVERYTHING....unless someone can find a way around this one, doesn't look like opening up new accounts will do any good as paypal will still have CONTROL over our money! This s*cks!:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
[A Message from Dinesh Lathi - Update to the Feedback Removal Policy, New Payment Methods and Other Important News[/url]

So you have to call your merchant account provider, have it connected to Payflow, so then eBay will know all info about you and can ban you more easily. Payflow is some gateway related to PayPal that I mentioned earlier. I'd read in summer 2008 that payflow was up and working. I guess in March 2009, eBay intends to connect it with its website. Who knows if they'll try to force people to use it.

PayFlow Gateway:
Pros:
* Likely cheaper than authorize.net or free

Cons:
* eBay tracking you more
* Might lack features of authorize.net such as viewing buyer IP, the fraud detection suite that can stop someone from hammering 30 declines and costing you a lot of money
Old 01-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

so correct me if i am wrong, but they are not forcing you to use payflow, they are just offering it to link it with their checkout system.
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 94%

Yes I am confused about this as well. I use the same merchant account on 3 different accounts.
Old 01-09-2009

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca073 View Post
Yes I am confused about this as well. I use the same merchant account on 3 different accounts.
Well, I've actually read E-pay's new 2009 policy changes. If my grammar school understanding is correct, they will be REQUIRING all merchant accounts to be linked to their system of CONTROL!

As your new "gateway", I would assume they can BAN you from your merchant account as well. Any thoughts? Grrrrhhhhh...I f*ckin hate E-pay/Paydevil!!!!
Old 01-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 98%

I think they'll beta test it and then end up forcing everyone. Last summer eBay said January 2009, they'd do it. Modee then said he found out it wouldn't be until summer 2009 or something and turned out to be right.
Old 01-27-2009

Longevity: 90%

Anyone hear any updates to this yet? I found this...

---
Fri Jan 9 2009 09:25:20
eBay is making changes to its payment flow that will ultimately force buyers to enter payment information through its checkout system. It looks like the end of the deadbeat buyer when the changes are rolled out completely later in the year, since eBay would know automatically if a buyer has not paid a seller.

While it may look like the significant news in today's eBay announcement was the addition of PayMate and Moneybookers into eBay's Accepted Payments Policy, the big news is that sellers with their own merchant credit-card accounts will have to integrate with eBay's checkout through its Payflow Gateway.

ProPay is currently the only third-party system integrated with eBay's checkout system. When buyers choose to pay via ProPay from sellers who offer it as a payment method, the buyer is taken to a secure ProPay page during the checkout process where they actually enter their credit card information. eBay sends all the information necessary for ProPay to process the transaction on behalf of the seller in a seamless process.

The significance of these changes is that eBay can force buyers to pay immediately upon checkout - even if the merchant has their own credit-card merchant account.

Further thoughts: What happens in an auction situation? Ed at the BuildaSkill blog noticed that eBay's Griff had revealed in an interview that eBay would, as part of an effort to eliminate the unpaid items problem, automatically take money from the highest bidder's account or credit card and put it into the seller's account (for auction format listings). The revelation drew mixed reactions from sellers on the eBay discussion board.

It looks like it will take some time for these changes to roll out - the gateway won't be available until March, and eBay still allows third-party vendors to offer their own checkout system, though it already told them in June it would be doing away with them. More on this in tomorrow's Newsflash newsletter.

Last edited by newguy121; 01-27-2009 at 05:27 AM.
Old 01-27-2009
Executive [VIP]

On the AuctionCheckout site, they say they will be soon rolling out a merchant account that can be integrated directly with ebay
Old 01-27-2009

Sounds like they are gettng ready to start charging higher rates to integrate with ebay. Thats what I get. But what everyone wants to know is how they will share info. Thats the thing that has got people worried.

December 16, 2008

eBay Checkout and the Coming Changes

A few months ago, eBay announced changes they are making to eBay checkout and to the payment types that can be accepted. Since this announcement, we have been working diligently to be able to continue our services on eBay. The information below will shed some light on how these changes will affect our current and future customers.

Changes to eBay are stated to begin in January 2009. eBay announced that Payflow integration will be available for any user that wishes to use their own merchant account. Details on PayFlow at this point are not completely available at this time, but it does appear that the PayFlow service will be free for anyone that chooses to use it. (Please check with eBay for further details.) If you are an Auction Checkout Gold account user you will be able to use the merchant account that we set up for you and directly integrate it into eBay’s checkout using PayFlow. Auction Checkout will issue you with a second Terminal ID (TID) number for this purpose.

If you have a Blue account with us, you can still use your merchant account with eBay’s checkout, but you will have to contact your merchant processor directly for assistance. Unfortunately, the Blue account service will no longer be accepting new registrations starting in January. Current Blue account users will still have full access to their accounts until further notice.

In lieu of our Blue service, Auction checkout will be offering a new account type. The new Auction Checkout account will specialize in setting up a merchant account that is compatible with eBay’s checkout and we will assist you with integrating your account with PayFlow.
More information will be made available as we receive it from eBay. If you have any questions, please contact us at helpdesk@auctioncheckout.com or by calling us at 800-975-8364.

Thank you,

AuctionCheckout.com
Old 01-28-2009

Oh stop plugging cartmanager...lol.

You wont be able to use cartmanager after the changeover, which said to be starting in march and going in effect in june. So the real result of this thread is to find out exactly how this will be updated.
Old 01-28-2009

Longevity: 89%

ok i just found my 1st ebay account from 01 is still active. I never had a paypal account with this ebay account. This was back when i thought it was crazy to trust an online company with my banking info. Boy was i right... Should i set up a merchant account now so i will be grandfathered in or does it not matter. Right now i dont have much to sell and the 3 stealth account are running just fine for the meantime. Any info would be great. Thanx
Old 01-28-2009

Should i set up a merchant account now so i will be grandfathered in or does it not matter.

That is what everyone would like to know. From the text..It looks like it wont matter, but there really hasnt been any talk of grandfathering. So maybe they will, maybe they wont. My guess is they wont.
Old 01-30-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

Modee,

We just recently went through tech support together, and I setup a CartManager account. Will this policy change prevent me from creating new accounts that use CM? From what I read in your post, those who are CURRENTLY using third party may continue using... what about new accounts? Say I make another account in Feb, will I be able to use CM?
Old 01-30-2009

Send a message via AIM to SevnSins Send a message via MSN to SevnSins Send a message via Yahoo to SevnSins

There are a few references to ProPay in this thread. I can't find the thread right now, but I thought ProPay limits your account to $1500 in monthly withdraws. Has this changed, or am I mistaken?
Old 01-30-2009

Found it.
http://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal-...native-pp.html
Posted: 09-25-2008, 01:13 PM by Quasi_Mojo
Old 01-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg005 View Post
Snagga, I use cartmanager and LOVE it. Modee set it up for me. It's the best.
Its average at best. My customers think the checkout form is some ⊗⊗⊗⊗ form. It is very remedial, but there is only one other company out there so tis really the only option. I constantly have to resend customers invoices, customers get invalid checkout links, ebay and cartmanager mistakenly mark things as paid without the customer doing anything. Its average software at best but no one has anything better.
Old 02-07-2009

Longevity: 89%

i think im just gonna stick it out with paypal a bit longer