Paypal limited my account and might keep my money FOREVER! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 04-29-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Paypal limited my account and might keep my money FOREVER!

I had been suspended on E-bay a few months ago, so I created an alias recently and connected the PayPal account to a new bank account, got verified through prepaid credit cards, and got a new phone number.

My PROBLEM is now that I got a limitation, and they will hold the funds for 6 months and they are going to mail the check (they said I can change the address when they mail it out) but how can I cash a check that is an alias? They said I wont be able to withdraw the money!

Help! Has that happened to anyone?

Please help!

Last edited by crazedbypaypal; 04-29-2009 at 01:30 PM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-29-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedbypaypal View Post
I had been suspended on E-bay a few months ago, so I created an alias recently and connected the PayPal account to a new bank account, got verified through prepaid credit cards, and got a new phone number.

My PROBLEM is now that I got a limitation, and they will hold the funds for 6 months and they are going to mail the check (they said I can change the address when they mail it out) but how can I cash a check that is an alias? They said I wont be able to withdraw the money!

Help! Has that happened to anyone?

Please help!
add a new bank account when the money is ready...they will direct the funds there.
Old 04-29-2009

Longevity: 91%

Just tell them that you want deposited in bank account. If you don'thave one you can use, open one and tell them to transfer the money into that bank account. That's what people have been doing here all the time. You must open bank account in your real name, but paypal only checks numbers, not names....
Old 04-29-2009

Hey Ebaykilla, got ahead of me for one minute, lol. The message is the same.......
Old 04-29-2009
Threadstarter  

I did create a real bank account and linked it to my alias PayPal, but when I talked to them on the phone, they said that when they release the money in 180 days, they are sending a check.

what have you guys done?
Old 04-29-2009

What if you had to move and won't be at that adress in 6 months? They must give you other options.
Old 04-30-2009
Banned

Longevity: 95%

Easiest way is to add an account number after the 180 days and then have the funds electronically sent to the new account. If there is no other option but to take the check, most banks do even look at the name, unless it is a large amount. I have deposited them in the ATM machine at night and they cleared no problem. Most of my names are close to my actual account though. If it is totally different, and you have no other option, have someone signed the back as the alias, and then sign your name underneath, like a third party check.
Old 04-30-2009
Threadstarter  

They said the check was the only option. I have multiple bank accounts to transfer the money, but they said in my case they can only send a check out.

The check will be for 5,000 dollars, so I'm afraid it will be a problem.

The name I gave them is made up and doesn't exist which is going to be a problem.

Anyone gone through that?
Old 05-01-2009

OK, you will have access to address yu gave PayPal to send that check, right?
Here is what you do:

Go to your county and open a small business named your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ paypal name. Get EIN number and all this stuff. It should not cost you more than $40. Than go to a bank and tell them you want to open business checking. They will look at your paperwork, so you do need to register this business "John Smith" or whatever at your county.
Sometimes the bank will put on checking account your business name and your real name, but that should not be a problem. When you receive the check for "john Smith" from PayPal, just go to your bank, deposit. That's it!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyda For This Useful Post:
crazedbypaypal (05-04-2009)
Old 05-01-2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedbypaypal View Post
They said the check was the only option. I have multiple bank accounts to transfer the money, but they said in my case they can only send a check out.

The check will be for 5,000 dollars, so I'm afraid it will be a problem.

The name I gave them is made up and doesn't exist which is going to be a problem.

Anyone gone through that?
WOW! Why would you leave that much in your account. The rule is, never leave more money in your Paypal account than you are willing to lose. A few years back I had them tell me that they could only do a check also, but after the 180 days I got an email saying your funds are available for withdrawal and I was able to enter a new bank account number to withdraw to.
If you can't, the opening a business bank account might by the only way. I know my electric company takes my physical check and destroys it, then withdraws it electronically.
Old 05-01-2009
Executive [VIP]

i got a feeling you had a dumb paypal associate on the phone. when the 180 days are up, paypal sends and email asking what do you want to do with the money...wire funds or check. I chose bank wire. I got my cash in a few days.

paypal tells you that it will be a check from the time of limitation (they never tell you that you have a wire option) but in the end they will give you your money anyway you request (wire or check)
Old 05-01-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

If the bank account is already attached to the paypal you can withdraw it that way. But I believe a few people have reported paypal is no longer letting you add a new bank account after your limited.
Old 05-02-2009
Executive [VIP]

correct..let that be clear...the bank account must remain active that you confirmed w/paypal to get that wired cash.
Old 05-04-2009
Threadstarter  

Hey Guys!

Thanks so much for all the information and help.
I did create a new bank account, and will leave it active till the time being. The associate did say that if I was not living at the same location that I would be able to send it to another address.

I hope PayPal dies.

My only option at this time is to wait, and see what they will decide to do in six months.

If others read this and have gone through it let me know what happened or any suggestions!
Old 05-04-2009
Banned

Yes you can change the address, but the name can not be. There was an old trick hackers used, of saving the page source and altering the java script and then running the altered page while logged into the address change, but I think paypal has plugged that hole.
Old 05-08-2009

Longevity: 89%

I'm also interested in knowing exactly how paypal handles the release of funds after 180 days if there is no attached bank account. I have a stealth account like this limited now, that was never verified, but is now limited with $xxx in it. Even if I can change the address to one where I can receive the $, I still won't be able to cash the check due to the name, so I'm going to be in trouble. All paid up and nowhere to cash lol.
Old 05-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
I'm also interested in knowing exactly how paypal handles the release of funds after 180 days if there is no attached bank account. I have a stealth account like this limited now, that was never verified, but is now limited with $xxx in it. Even if I can change the address to one where I can receive the $, I still won't be able to cash the check due to the name, so I'm going to be in trouble. All paid up and nowhere to cash lol.

you have no option but to get a check. try to get the check cashed at your bank by double endorsing it and putting it in the atm machine or go to a check cashing place.
Old 05-08-2009

That's why its so important to have address that you have access to in the future when opening Stealth accounts.
Old 05-08-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

do you think you can blatantly give your suspended address to paypal in this situation, they know its a suspended address and that youve been masquerading under stealth but when limited permaantly and games up, give it to them and say youve moved for check?

As for name name on check, well thats a no win situation, if its alot change you name or name one of you kids that!!! just kidding, well depends on how much!!!
Old 05-08-2009

Not suspended one, but if PayPal was opened opened initially with valid UPS address ($27 for six months where I live) than you would have access to it to receive your check after 180 days.

The name is easy too.. Just open business in that name in the meantime. It's all work, but $5000 grand is worth it.
Old 05-08-2009

Longevity: 89%

I guess my case is a bit different. I had basically written off the two limited unverified accounts I have as complete loses, but today I actually looked at what paypal is asking for to remove the limitations, and it's just that I add and confirm a bank account, and receive a phone call to confirm my location.The accounts only have a couple hundred dollars in each, so I wasn't going through the trouble to set up a DBA just to be able to cash a check after the 180 days, but now it looks like I won't even have to wait that long. I just wish bank accounts were as easy to get as simon cards, because I'm starting to have a few to many open accounts IMO (4 accounts. at 3 banks).

I just hope they aren't faking me out, and waiting to ask for more info once I add a bank account. That'll just be 1 more bank account thrown away =(
Old 05-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts

good luck deez, update us...