Paypal limited my account and might keep my money FOREVER! - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-11-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%

Any update deez?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-11-2009

Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznuts View Post
I guess my case is a bit different. I had basically written off the two limited unverified accounts I have as complete loses, but today I actually looked at what paypal is asking for to remove the limitations, and it's just that I add and confirm a bank account, and receive a phone call to confirm my location.The accounts only have a couple hundred dollars in each, so I wasn't going through the trouble to set up a DBA just to be able to cash a check after the 180 days, but now it looks like I won't even have to wait that long. I just wish bank accounts were as easy to get as simon cards, because I'm starting to have a few to many open accounts IMO (4 accounts. at 3 banks).

I just hope they aren't faking me out, and waiting to ask for more info once I add a bank account. That'll just be 1 more bank account thrown away =(
As far as I know there is no limit in US how many bank accounts you can have. Some may have 10+.. You having 4 or 5 and adding another one I don't see as a big deal.
Old 05-11-2009

Default Getting money after 180 days is up

After the 180 days I got the message below from Paypal but I still can't get my money. I log into my account and it's still limited. They are waiting for my SS # but the one I gave them is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ one and when I try to put it in the system, it won't take it. So now what do I do? Can they tell it's a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ SS #. The bank account is real so can't they just release the money and send it to my account?

Your PayPal funds are now eligible for withdrawal.

You may transfer the funds directly to your bank account via online bank transfer or you may request a check from PayPal. Please let us know how you would like to receive the funds by logging in to your account.
As a reminder, access to your account will remain limited until you perform the steps required to lift the limitation.

While access to your account is limited, you may:
* place logos into your auction listings or on your website
* update your account information
* withdraw funds from your account

You may not:
* send or request money
* receive payments
* add funds to your account
* close your account

Thank you for using PayPal.
Old 05-11-2009

Why did you give them any SS#? When did they ask you for the SS# and when was it you gave the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ number?
Old 05-11-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

silentnyt, The account doesn't become usable after the 180 days, it stays limited. The only thing that happens is they let you withdraw the funds. You don't need to do anything with a SSN. Call paypal and tell them you want to withdraw it to your bank account.
Old 05-11-2009

Yes, this happened to me too back on Oct 31 paypal froze/limited my account and I can't access it. After 180 days they sent me an email that my funds were now available and to log into my account and let them know how to send my money (bank account or check). I logged in but still can't access the account because they want my SS number. It's a stealth account with a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ SS #. The bank account is real so how do I get them to release the money?
Old 05-11-2009

Longevity: 88%
Send a message via AIM to lakeman Send a message via MSN to lakeman Send a message via Yahoo to lakeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeman View Post
Call paypal and tell them you want to withdraw it to your bank account.

You call them.
Old 05-12-2009

Okay, THANKS for the info!!!!!! I am done with ebay forever.

It's Amazon and Bonanzle from now on. Much easier and I can use my real information with no hassles. Just make sure you don't sell anything ⊗⊗⊗⊗ or they will pull you too.

Thanks again.
Old 05-12-2009
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 86%

Hey Silentnyt,

So were you able to get the money without giving them the SSN? Did the money transfer successfully?

I'm anxious to know, as I refused to give them my SSN.
Old 07-29-2009

Longevity: 85%

i have just been limited too, it is a us stealth account that was just about to be verified (NOT YET)- it is not in my own name (nowhere near) and paypal are asking for SSN confirmation, bank account, credit card (sorting) and invoices (should I make up?)

help me.... :-(
Old 07-29-2009

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by djb View Post
i have just been limited too, it is a us stealth account that was just about to be verified (NOT YET)- it is not in my own name (nowhere near) and paypal are asking for SSN confirmation, bank account, credit card (sorting) and invoices (should I make up?)

help me.... :-(

I think the account is pretty much lost. One big rule, always make sure your account is FULLY verified before using it. Im pretty sure this is in the Stealth Book, and in the forums.