[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 29%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTimmington View Post
HanginThere,
Thank you for creating this thread, it's extremely informative and whilst I have spent a couple hours reading through it all I am going to start again from the beginning and maticulously take the steps you have outlined in excalating to the executive level.

I am in a similar situation as popek1990 but before I go ahead and present my case in letter form I was hoping if I give just a brief outline of my case if you could shed some light on if you think I might stand a chance in getting the 180 day PP limitation lifted.

UK PayPal, UK eBay, legit documents, my own personal account since 2008. Spent time in the US and just before the pandemic came back to the UK. Started to stock up on some Face Masks and had them sent to friends in the US. I sold them at auction starting at $0.99 and never allowing them to end at an extortionate rate, I did list allot of them though. The most I was making on a mask was $3. My goal was to distribute these at a fair price, i sometimes took a loss. I imported from China and only KN95 not N95 so that it did not put a strain on the health system they are also not intended or allowed for medical use.

No issues with eBay. at $10000 PayPal triggered a temporary limit. I provided all the requested documents. Tracking, passport, supplier invoices, proof of address. 10 days later I get the 180 ban on Acceptable Use Policy. I can't find anywhere in the PP policy that i have violated. Am I Missing something? I sold at fair prices distributing a much needed product. I have messages of thanks and praise from buyers. 100% feedback rating.

Any insight most appreciated. I am also reading instances where 180 days and at the end of it PP take your money and do not let you remit it to your bank account. Paypal to Paypal payment.

Thanks in advance, popek, as your situation is similar please keep us updated.
Hey there! Sorry for the delay.

Here's my initial perspective based on what you've said - it will roughly reflect how PayPal or any third-party sees it:

1) Your change of location: if you've logged sign-ins to PayPal from both the UK and USA, it is easily noticed and is reasonable grounds for identity verification (which you've reported). I think I can also assume then that your account wasn't verified until this limitation? I can't see them asking for a passport twice...

2) You haven't mentioned or suggested being an active seller or registered business prior to your venture with face masks. Therefore, if you've jumped from being a casual consumer to a volume seller (especially with a personal account), then I would have to side with PayPal on the risk factor - they want to see gradual growth, not peak sales from the start.

3) If it's not any of the above, it could also be down to the quality and minor details of your documents, such as supplier invoices, though it's quite a grey area, which I haven't heard much information about. I assume they're focused on the validity of invoices, counterfeit goods, and possibly whether the details match with your account.

With regards to the security of your locked funds, I wouldn't be worried - yes, there are many reports where PayPal don't allow you to withdraw, but that's because almost everyone here are running on stealth accounts, which PayPal put in the extra effort to detect post-limitation, so that they can keep it. Call it cruel, but it's their obligation to verify who you are as part of KYC protocol and the fight against money-laundering. As it's your real account, you shouldn't have any obstacles (except maybe some light pestering).

Also, I wanted to ask if your account was restored within those 10 days after the initial limitation, or did it just take them that long to review the documents? That could change things slightly.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavenchen View Post
hi there, i have a personal account at paypal, they limited my account too and holds 4690 USD for 180 days, never had this before, may i get some help from you on what to do against this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilgiorgetto View Post
we can help me with my italian account have 12 years, suspended from yesterday with 2000 euro
:(
Hey guys. Without any context, it's impossible to advise you on solutions - only you can figure out what may have ticked PayPal. E.g. a spike in sales, a change of account details, a large withdrawal, a high-risk product etc. It's sometimes obvious, but it can also appear to be completely random - you still will need to think like PayPal and work out what their concern is so that you can address it.

All the best.
Old 05-30-2020
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebecaa View Post
I am also having similar situation.

Account is stealth. Everything is new (Ip, phone number, bank account, etc..)

Last 2 weeks after payment has been sent to my account, paypal asked me (Immediatelly) for documents (like ID, proof of supplier and description of goods which I sold).
I sent it to them as soon as possible and from that time, I was also waiting for their reply.
Next day, my account was back to normal. I was so happy to hear that!

From that time, I did not sell anything new. (I sold 5 items each 30gbp – unbranded clothing - tracksuit)

Yesterday, they have limited my account again – and again asked for same documents but for different item( same item but for different buyer).
Can you please let me know why they limit peoples accounts more than 1 time?

I think I have not done anything wrong. If there will be a problem with buyer, I would be more than happy to refund him.

Please let me know your opinion. Because I sent them everything and I really dont understand why I must send them everythin again. I am just worried they will limit the account for ever like they always do....

Thank you
Hi there,

Since it is a stealth account, this thread won't be very useful - a stealth account is already a violation before you sell anything, so you can't restore it. From what you've mentioned though, it appears they are just temporary limitations, which I'm sure most people here would be perfectly happy with over a permanent one.

Don't forget that no matter how stable or old your business is, a stealth account puts you back at 0 in PayPal's eyes - you will be classed as super high-risk and so they have good reason to check for the fulfillment of your first batch of orders. If they keep asking you for proof of fulfillment, I reckon the solution is to upload tracking numbers yourself via PayPal directly (unless eBay takes care of it for you). Receiving feedback for your orders should also put PayPal at ease and prevent them from asking again in the future.

Last edited by HangInThere; 05-30-2020 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-12-2020

Longevity: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
Hello everyone,

Although a new user, I've been absorbing as many threads on this site as possible over the past few weeks, in an attempt to overturn a PERMANENT LIMITATION, made brutally clear by the unexpected email, titled "You can no longer do business with PayPal" and having your funds held "for up to 180 days".

Thank you so much!!! We really appreciate it
The Following User Says Thank You to warith3140 For This Useful Post:
HangInThere (06-14-2020)
Old 07-08-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove View Post
Good news! Both of my PayPal accounts were fully restored! I had to hire a lawyer to get it done... but it worked!
Hi there
Thanks for all the posts I appreciate you putting out that info. We have complained to the BBB, sent a registered letter to San Jose etc

We were banned out of the blue like most are and in the process of trying to restore our account (which of course was in perfect standing with zero complaints)

Do you mind sharing your lawyer’s info with us? We know it certainly wouldn’t be free but it sounds like his letter may go a long way to put us on the road to recovery
Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Old 08-02-2020

Longevity: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceAndLove View Post
Good news! Both of my PayPal accounts were fully restored! I had to hire a lawyer to get it done... but it worked!
what type of lawyer is he?
Thanks!!!!

Last edited by ilcarletto; 08-02-2020 at 12:07 PM.
Old 08-19-2020
Threadstarter  

30,000 view update

Hey everyone - threadstarter here.

I wanted to take a moment to thank anyone who read through this thread and hopefully got something out of it. It's nice to see that it's been kept active since first published and gained lots of attention (today marks 30k views). I hope that it also opens you up to other advice and solutions across the forum.

I'll take the opportunity to reflect on a few things that may help to keep you hopeful and determined about trying to overturn a limitation, as well as some vital changes to the approach (mainly regarding emails). Disclaimer: it does not apply to stealth accounts.

Has it worked for other people?

YES! Many users have shared their success stories on this thread and via PM, which confirms it's still effective in 2020. Last confirmation was just this week!

Is it going to work for everyone?

Unfortunately not. PayPal can't overturn every limitation, and the decision is still ultimately based on risk and rules. Don't bother trying if you have actually broke the rules, as that isn't a mistake from PayPal's end.

What are the chances the account will get banned again?

From our experience, very very little; you're probably even better off with a restored account, as long as you don't do anything extreme. Why is that?
  1. Since restoring our account at the start of 2019, it's been in perfect standing. No holds or further hassle.
  2. PayPal Debit Card, Merchant Rates and Mass Pay... all no problem. (Mass pay has eligibility requirements in the UK)
  3. Something perhaps controversial, but relevant nonetheless: we transact near to $10k a week in Friends and Family transactions with suppliers. We still pay our fair share of fees on sales, which is probably what makes this acceptable.
  4. Over the last few months, PayPal wiped out each one of our competitors in our industry, who had been established for years and traded millions in USD. We are the last company standing, and it looks to remain that way based on the next point.
  5. As of this month, our account was granted something entirely new: seller protection for intangibles! That means PayPal are willing to pay for chargebacks and unauthorized transactions by simply proving electronic fulfillment (including but not limited to: date of fulfillment and recipient's email/IP).
If that doesn't sound worth the effort, then I don't know what will...

What parts of the original guidance has changed, or have proved to be successful with other people?

To reiterate, the email we wrote to which got us restored in 2019 is: executiveoffice@paypal.com

HOWEVER, according to recent evidence from another user, it appears that PayPal's Executive Office are now using the following email for correspondance: ppelce@paypal.co.uk

So while taking the email route, make sure you send to both of the above, separately.

Using the Better Business Bureau (BBB) still appears to be an excellent way for correspondance with the Executive Office - they're far more likely to reply there, as it directly affects their rating (if they don't reply to complaints appropriately or timely). With that said, they did drop from their A+ rating since 2019.

The Financial Ombudsman Service is believed to also have restored accounts according to PMs, but it's hard to know for sure when you're taking all the routes simultaneously like we did; that's why it's highly recommended that you take as many routes as you can, as you're only lifting your chances.

Closing message:

We, as sellers, may be hating PayPal more and more (lately due to no more fee refunds), but if on the high chance it's still important for your business to run or conversions to grow, then you will find it well worth the effort in trying to restore your genuine account. The guide is still intact and effective, with the few changes mentioned above, so what have you got to lose?

Happy to help where possible, but understanding the cause of a suspension has to come from you; the best way to do this is to pretend you are PayPal - a company that only wants to increase their profits year on year, by trying to eliminate as much risk as possible to avoid potential losses.

Good luck!

Last edited by HangInThere; 08-19-2020 at 07:58 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HangInThere For This Useful Post:
drakehound (08-30-2020), greenlaurel (08-20-2020), james_112233 (08-20-2020), solefoodbk (08-19-2020)
Old 08-19-2020

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 58%

I've contacted and used aup@paypal.com before with Paypal. Though I haven't since 2018 to get a "un-appealable" suspension appealed. I'm not sure about this email you mentioned, or the thread to be honest but thanks for the update. I'll be reviewing it just for some guidance and knowledge that maybe I hadn't known prior.

You mentioned something and I think its important for everyone to know...

Usually whenever you find yourself with a serious limitation, or restriction and get that removed by internal teams, your account becomes unbelievably strong. All my accounts that have faced some sort of crossroads related to limitations (both eBay and Paypal) and I got them to remove it manually it from my experience removes a lot of internal security flags that could be triggered on the account. Every deep limitation or restriction I view it as a positive that once I fix it my account will just be that much stronger and with that mindset I always prevail. Even with a SSN limitation on a business account under stealth info (real ein etc) I got that appealed almost by luck but still happened.

I have one account on eBay where they did this and its practically untouchable. Someone manually removed the limitation I had, and I even recall asking him back in early 2018 "What if I get this triggered restriction again" He literally told me thats easy, I can flip the switch and prevent that from ever happening again. And since that happened its been like a diamond for me.
Old 08-20-2020
Threadstarter  

Thank you for adding on this! So it does seem to be the case that restored accounts almost have an immunity to them. Not sure if there's an actual "immortality switch" with PayPal, but they'll certainly see notes about the account being restored by a high-level department, thus unlikely to be questioned again.

Regarding emails, it's really hard to confirm which ones work at any given time - my guess is that they're being rotated over the years to avoid overwhelming queries, especially when they get leaked on forums like this. I say "leaked" because you won't ever find them on their site.

I know from my reading on old posts that aup@paypal.com used to be quite helpful with limitations, even going to the point of forgiving policy violations with an affidavit. It's 2020 though, so I reckon those times have passed; they were also no use in our case last year.

executiveoffice@paypal.com and ppelce@paypal.com are definitely active, effective and the first solution to try. As they're pretty overwhelmed during these times, it will probably not be sufficient alone to get a response, at which point the governing bodies come handy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HangInThere For This Useful Post:
drakehound (08-30-2020), solefoodbk (08-21-2020)
Old 08-20-2020

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
I've contacted and used aup@paypal.com before with Paypal. Though I haven't since 2018 to get a "un-appealable" suspension appealed. I'm not sure about this email you mentioned, or the thread to be honest but thanks for the update. I'll be reviewing it just for some guidance and knowledge that maybe I hadn't known prior.

You mentioned something and I think its important for everyone to know...

Usually whenever you find yourself with a serious limitation, or restriction and get that removed by internal teams, your account becomes unbelievably strong. All my accounts that have faced some sort of crossroads related to limitations (both eBay and Paypal) and I got them to remove it manually it from my experience removes a lot of internal security flags that could be triggered on the account. Every deep limitation or restriction I view it as a positive that once I fix it my account will just be that much stronger and with that mindset I always prevail. Even with a SSN limitation on a business account under stealth info (real ein etc) I got that appealed almost by luck but still happened.

I have one account on eBay where they did this and its practically untouchable. Someone manually removed the limitation I had, and I even recall asking him back in early 2018 "What if I get this triggered restriction again" He literally told me thats easy, I can flip the switch and prevent that from ever happening again. And since that happened its been like a diamond for me.

Yaay I got my paypal account reinstatedd from permanent limitation, but not yet for my ebay account.
Could you please help me with that?
I contacted you several times, I know you re busy with your issues, but I really need your help
Thank you
Old 08-23-2020

Longevity: 54%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal1995 View Post
Yaay I got my paypal account reinstatedd from permanent limitation, but not yet for my ebay account.
I contacted you several times, I know you re busy with your issues, but I really need your help
Thank you
How were you able to do this
Old 08-23-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Thank you
Congrats this is good news and worth learning from - paypal speaking
Old 08-23-2020

Longevity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cizzla7049 View Post
How were you able to do this
Just by following what is mentionned on this thread,
and sending a formal message to these mentionned emails.
Especially by insisting that the trouble was a result of the pandemic situaiton ( which was my case).
so it took for me like 4-5 weeks until I got a call from Paypal that they ll restore my account, it was really a good news to start my day ahah.
I really hope to get the same for my eBay account
Old 08-30-2020

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
30,000 view update

Has it worked for other people?

YES! Many users have shared their success stories on this thread and via PM, which confirms it's still effective in 2020. Last confirmation was just this week!
Thanks for all of this. I have been permanently limited since December, and am working through your steps.
Old 09-08-2020

Longevity: 20%

Trying this today, as I just got permanently limited upon invoicing a higher than usual amount of money lol

Though my circumstance isnt really the best (probably considered stealth already):
2nd paypal (1st paypal isnt limited by any means, but it has negative balance from a result of cross-scam and I didn't felt like paying)
Same name for account holder
Different bank
Different email
PC.. is actually the same as 1st paypal (before I abandoned it)
Same IP

Not putting too much hopes on it, as I was already avoiding that -$200 balance on my 1st paypal haha..
Old 09-13-2020

Quote:
Hello everyone,

If you've recently joined the club for permanent limitations, I most certainly know how you feel - rest assured that you have found the right site for advice. Once I received the dreaded email saying our company could no longer do business with PayPal, I could not be in a lower place at the time; I had literally created a company (in London, UK) just for PayPal's sake, to provide further confidence and assurance in order to "guarantee" a long and healthy relationship for our growing business. Well, it turns out that a registered Ltd company (in one of the most regulated regions in the world) doesn't do the trick in keeping PayPal happy. More to the point, I just felt like closing the company, even with knowledge of alternative payment processors. Although PayPal are absolute thieves and destructive when you least need it, they are indeed the most popular payment processor and thus the most attractive to your customers. If in like our case PayPal was your only payment method (for both sales and purchases), then you may feel like your life is over and no longer have the confidence to carry out any business, or perhaps fulfill your dream of working for yourself, even if it's just a hobby.

Well don't give up just yet, as long as:
1) you are not in the wrong (according to their User Agreement)
2) you are theoretically able to prove every payment in or out (e.g. supplier invoices and extensive proof of fulfillment, as the idiot who closed your account is just a human and may not even know of your industry/service)
3) you don't have a history of limited accounts on your name (as there's a clearly stated policy about this I'm afraid)

What caused the limitation?

Account limitations are usually triggered after one of PayPal's algorithms detect a spike or abnormality in your account activities - this will flag your account on PayPal's system for essentially an emergency review, which is why limitations usually happen a few short hours following a spike. In our case, it was increasing our withdrawal amount by 50% for the first time, compared to a fixed amount that we had been using since we opened the account. It seems kind of understandable, but that also means all of PayPal's users are either under stress to keep to their exact pattern, or else are inviting PayPal to limit their account and most likely close it due to "risk". Our particular limitation requested the following:

- Upload a photo ID
- Provide your business information
- Provide proof of fulfillment
- Provide purchase receipt from your supplier

Our account was banned the next day.

File a complaint in the US

Before I even proceed, if your PayPal account was created in the US then there is no need for you to suffer, since you already have a dedicated portal to the most prestigious department at PayPal HQ, which is through the Better Business Bureau (or BBB). Be grateful - you are the only ones with this privilege to get a super helpful (and not to mention, guaranteed) reply from a boss. The Office of Executive Escalations will handle your complaint with priority and literally conduct a thorough review just to address your matter in the most helpful way. I know this because I tried it anyway, even though our account was created out of their jurisdiction; you can also view most of their complaints along with PayPal's response to each of them (which is where I saw - for the first time - PayPal explaining their reasons and observations about limited accounts).

I was truly jealous when I found out about the BBB - even if they weren't going to restore my account, I would be over the moon to find out why it was closed in the first place! It would at least grant you the opportunity to "get it right" the next time, if possible, depending on your case. One policy of theirs which I can't really challenge is their right to suspend an account on the basis of having previously limited accounts - it's a fair rule, but it also means you would need to fight for yourself when your account runs into trouble (assuming you done nothing wrong or that can't be proven), instead of the "give up and go stealth" approach, which a lot of people on this forum prefer understandably (as it's quick and easy). In our case, as a registered company, there's not really much of a solution to "hiding" from PayPal if we were to open a new account, hence our attempts to get our account restored.

Enough talk - here's the steps for US victims (but feel free to try it if you're non-US based, as it will likely be forwarded by PayPal HQ to a department that must surely be able to help - it's one extra hope, so why not):

1) Start at https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-jose/p...nc-1216-210387 (you can view some of their complaints and responses if you wish, so you know what I mean about them going to great depths unlike any other means of contact)
2) Click "File a Complaint", then "Start your complaint".
3) Where it asks "Is the business in the United States or Canada?", always select "Yes", even if your account was created in another country (as they still have no choice but to respond and in our case, they forwarded our complaint to PayPal's North America Executive Escalations office, but I can't confirm whether this helped in any way)
4) Where it says "Your complaint involves a:", select "business's product or service (other than a vehicle or cell phone)".
5) On the next page, you'll have to search for the business; just type "PayPal" and hit 'Search'. Clicking 'Select' on the first search result will prompt you to specify which of PayPal's offices to file the complaint to - unless you have a reason to choose a specific address, select the San Jose one (2211 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95131)
6) The rest is up to you to explain your matter to PayPal (see below for crucial tips on how to address them). After submitting the complaint, wait a day or two for them to respond and you should be able to find out everything you wanted to know. If not, you should be able to continue exchanging messages as deemed necessary.

File a complaint in the UK

So what's the UK equivalent of the BBB, you may ask?

That would be the Financial Ombudsman Service! It may look like it's built by a 5-year old, but it's all we got...

Here's the link: https://help.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/help
When asked to provide details of the business, just write "PayPal" and they will handle everything else personally; in our case, they eventually reached out to us by email with "PayPal Europe Sarl & Cie, SCA" in the subject, so it was good to see a human was dealing with it, even though it takes a lot longer to process. The email we received was asking for the formal complaint letter that was sent to PayPal, however, we got this email just 2 hours after our PayPal account was suddenly restored, so we didn't proceed any further.

I honestly don't know whether it was a coincidence that PayPal and the Financial Ombudsman Service emailed us at around the same time, although I have already enquired about whether they took any action prior to their email and will update this post, if possible, once I find out.

Addressing PayPal

Despite reading advice not to beg or make threats, it's really hard to do anything but that, especially when the news of your account limitation comes as a shock to you - even I, could not help myself at the start but keep making threats of taking legal action and expressing frustration to their Facebook and Twitter teams. Well, here's what I learned from that (while getting my Twitter account suspended in the process):

1) Don't let anger hinder your chances. At the end of the day, the people you message at PayPal are the only ones who are going to help you - don't give them a reason to skip your message. You have to assume every email or other form of contact is going to be the key to unlock your account because one of them will be, if successful.

2) DO NOT beg or show desperation. PayPal could not care less if you or someone's life is on the line, hanging by a thread or has annihilated your business. They exist to please shareholders, not customers (although, pleasing customers is just something they have to do to achieve that).

3) Hang up the phone. Calling PayPal is not going to get you anywhere other than where you started. I was so hopeless about their call centers, that I never called once during this whole process. The easy options are the least effective because they are the ones used most by customers. Don't forget, PayPal employs bots and monkeys to handle the majority of their queries (especially when using their 'Contact Us' form), with limitations being a very common query. If you know what they're going to say, there's probably not much point even trying (not more than once at least).

4) With higher powers comes higher standards. Your best bet at getting your account restored is by emailing a more serious department at PayPal, which unfortunately means you have to prepare a really good email for them to take you seriously too. You'll want to take note of the following things as best you can:

- You are potentially talking to someone who's going to hear you out and determine if there's any point reviewing your account. In most cases and for good reason, you'll need to provide something more than just words, which are documents (that you haven't already sent them). Even if they don't open them, they will know you took the time to address your concern(s) and haven't just pasted some template you found on this site (which they surely know about).

- Speak the truth and cut the waffle. PayPal banned you due to perceived risk, so now it's time to go beyond the word counts and file limits from their limitation page - PayPal's mail server has a size limit, so consider uploading to Google Drive for example, then attaching a link where appropriate in the email. The documents I would advise on giving them are: ALL supplier invoices billed to the address on your PayPal account (helps if they were paid from your account), proof of fulfillment for as many orders as possible (easy if you use databases or spreadsheets) and finally, a business registration certificate is always golden if applicable (as they did not ever actually ask us for this - only the registration number).

- Structure your email. I won't provide the template which got our account restored and you should neither use any template that you find online if you want your account restored too. I have, however, attached an outline of the structure if you need one:

*** Start your email ***
{Express your understanding for the need to limit accounts, especially with digital services. Let them know you are familiar with the User Agreement and point out you have not violated any policy or law}
{Indicate that the account limitation didn't give a fair opportunity to explain your business model or provide adequate file space to upload "ALL" (<- important) the documents that were requested}
{Explain your business model in layman's terms (inc. website)}
{If you have any big, reputable customers (specifically companies), spice up your email by bringing them up (by name and PayPal email) to show they have been affected by the limitation}
{Tell them in order to fairly review the account, they should inspect the 'Order fulfillment proofs', 'Supplier invoices' and any 'Official business docs' you have attached (because the limitation page didn't provide sufficient space - anything to make it seem PayPal are to blame, without directly blaming them)}
{Time to wrap up the email, but by first being compliant, saying you are happy to provide any further documents or perform any steps if required}
{Something experimental we tried, is telling them that if "risk" is still a concern, then feel free to place a fixed or proportional amount of sales in the "reserve account" if they believe this provides the assurance they need (in cases of disputes). I'm guessing this is better than nothing for you, so why not - they already have the functionality to implement this on any account}

*** End your email ***

Recovering your funds early I would consider a less major goal (as it's just a matter of time, not a decision), so word-for-word templates may work for that, as mentioned below in the next point.

- If you're only looking to get your funds released at best, you might want to mention the legal options that you have "planned" in case of no resolve, but do it in a formal way, as suggested below:
UK: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/paypal...90-result.html (Confirmed in 2015)
US: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/625303-post8.html (Confirmed in 2014)

Mailing List: Where to send your formal emails

Once you've written a formal, concise email/letter, you've done the hard part and now it's time to send them out. You've probably already found the mailing list that literally every website copies and pastes, which you can find here: https://www.aspkin.com/forums/370291-post5.html.

Although this is the list we used, we only sent it to selected emails, so given that our account was restored, it may help if we narrowed down the list for you (as it's not recommended to make them all recipients of the same email at the same time). As we notice a lot of people on this forum asking about the response times from PayPal, we have also calculated the time period since the email was sent and when the account was restored. Although none of them provided a direct response, the timing hints at one winner.

aup@paypal.com | Day 1 | 19 days before restoring
appeals@paypal.com | Day 1 | 19 days before restoring
executiveoffice@paypal.com | Day 14 | 6 days before restoring (4 working days)
webform@intl.paypal.com | Day 15 | 5 days before restoring

webform@intl.paypal.com is a mailbox which simulates the 'Contact Us' form on PayPal's site as far as I know, which is reportedly handled in India with a range of template responses, meaning they have no authority over your account. They always answer you, but I don't think typing is part of their job description - you will always get the same response (being that their decision is final). I am not sure if it's just a preference of the agent or something relevant, but sometimes they reply with a longer template mentioning "Your right to appeal" that can be done through the 'Contact Us' form, however, our letters were a lot longer than the accepted character limit, so we never took this route.

So as that email was ruled out, it seemed kind of obvious that our account was restored as a result of our email to executiveoffice@paypal.com, which I should mention is not listed on the mailing list at the link provided - we only found this email from reading PayPal's responses on the BBB website, whereby they welcome anyone to send their complaints to that department.

To conclude

So that's where our story ends - we received an email from service@paypal.co.uk this morning saying that "We have completed our review, and as you have completed all the required steps, we have restored your account", which appears to be another template response!

I really hope this thread gives some hope as well as options and clarification to those who have run into the same issue. Don't be too negative if you have done nothing wrong and it's your one and only account - humans make mistakes, but with PayPal, it's just a tough one to undo. One formal letter is all that stands in your way, so I wish you all the best with preparing it and getting your account back despite what you may have been told - "permanently limited" is not the end of the road, even if you can't get your account back.

My Paypal Account is Locked... I cannot login as after entering the right user name and Password, it asks to Add a phone, which I already had edited earlier in the settings and changed it... ( Happened areound 3 Months Ago)

But, when asking paypal to allow me entry, they kept asking and telling many things but not helped me much...
Also, I have forgotten the first 2 digits (xx) of the 4 digits but the final 2 digits (yy) i know of, are xxyy..

Can they not proceed with the final 2 digits only..

Finally, I got this email from them 2 days ago..

You can no longer use PayPal​

"""After a review, we decided to permanently limit your account as we found potential risk associated with it. You’ll not be able to use PayPal to send and receive money or shop online.
If you have money in your PayPal balance, we’ll hold the money for up to 180 days. After that period, we’ll email you with information on how to access your funds.
We regret any inconvenience this may cause.""

So, what do you suggest now.. How do I proceed..
Old 09-13-2020

Quote:
Thank you
Good afternoon friend, excuse me if my message bothers you.
I wanted to ask you this:
How did you write the message you sent to Paypal, to remove the permanent limitation of the paypal account?
Can you send me a template or something similar? ... I have 7K USD withheld and I use it urgently to cover some expenses.
I stay tuned, thank you.

George
Old 09-16-2020

Hi, im trying to file a complaint on BBB but there asking me about an Account ID. I have no idead what that means or where to find it. If anyone know, please let me know. Thank you
Old 09-16-2020

Thank you very much for the information, this will be really helpful in the future.

I am in a quite similar situation, I have a UK Ltd Company just to use Paypal Business, but I sell products on my Woocommerce/ Shopify Stores. The strange thing is that the order placed on my store was around 2 weeks prior to the suspension. I've been only withdrawing the funds to my UK Bank account..

One more issue that's worrying me from escalating the issue is that I'm afraid that the products I am selling are not allowed (They are Chinese game consoles with built in NES games)

What would you suggest I do in this case?

I'm more scared that this would result in the limitation of my other paypal accounts (I have like 3 more paypal accounts with the same name registered..
Old 10-08-2020

Quote:
Hello everyone,

{Explain your business model in layman's terms (inc. website)}
Hi! Thank you so much for the detailed guide. You mentioned that the letter should include the website. Well, on our website we currently accept PayPal on an account that will probably be closed if PayPal will notice it, as it is my personal account.
Would you still include the website? Do you think PayPal will check it?
Old 10-15-2020

Hi I have a question. If someone residing in the same household as you opens up their own separate ebay and paypal account on another computer would they too be blacklisted from paypal if my account is limited?
Old 10-17-2020

Does it make sense to write PayPal first and write BBB only if PayPal are not responding? Or is it better to write to BBB directly?