[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 9 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 12-19-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless1 View Post
I emailed Paypal every Monday. 20 days have passed and nothing has changed.

Today I received a response email from PayPal inform that they cannot reverse restrictions.

however this email seems to be a automacially reply, I'm not sure either. Because I noticed below the email there is no employee name.

Should I continue to fight with them for justice?
It's been over a year for me, and I continue the fight...

I'm not sure the word 'justice' applies here, though...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-24-2020

Longevity: 19%

My account just got restored!!!!! Thanks to everyone that helped the guide works. Just email everyone on the list, might have to email everyone seperately since it might not work sending all at once. Sent my first email to everyone on the list on november 25th, and on december 6th sent another email to everyone on the list again, and then on december 23rd i get a message from paypal service saying they partially removed limitations on my account then a minute later received another one saying that they restored my account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadyhero1002 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-02-2021), rainbowrocket (01-01-2021)
Old 01-02-2021

I want to say thank you for the info on this forum because I was able to have my PayPal account restored, presumably from the steps followed. My account was ‘permanently limited’ without any notice or reason why. The call centre staff were useless and claimed they couldn’t see any info. Based on the recommendation here, I drafted an email detailing how our business was very legit including links to reviews, mentions in press articles and copies of our business registration certificate. I had no idea, and still don’t, what their alleged reason was for limiting my account so I was stabbing in the dark a bit re what points to address in this email.

I sent it to the email addresses referred to in this forum, but nearly all of them bounced back (probably because the original post was from some years ago), which was disheartening after I spent all the time drafting it. But I then lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and also on the Ombudsman’s website they list the official PayPal contact email for complaints, so I emailed my response there too. I subsequently realised this email is in the PayPal Ts and Cs document too for where to send complaints to - so I’d recommend looking up the Ts and Cs doc for your country and emailing to that address.

About 1.5 weeks later I received an email from PayPal out of the blue saying that they determined our account was not in breach of the user terms and had restored our account. There was no explanation as to why they shut down our account in the first place, nor of exactly what worked to get it restored. My guess it was most likely the complaint to the ombudsman that did it - because they have to respond to those complaints at law and it’s probably just easiest for them to restore the account to settle the complaint - or alternatively sending my spiel to the email address that’s in their Ts and Cs doc to handle complaints. I agree with the OP’s comments to not bother keeping ringing them and to email instead, because the call centre staff are basically trained monkeys who can’t see any details and don’t care.

I hope this assists others, like the info posted assisted me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mecca365 For This Useful Post:
rainbowrocket (01-05-2021)
Old 01-05-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca365 View Post
I want to say thank you for the info on this forum because I was able to have my PayPal account restored, presumably from the steps followed. My account was ‘permanently limited’ without any notice or reason why. The call centre staff were useless and claimed they couldn’t see any info. Based on the recommendation here, I drafted an email detailing how our business was very legit including links to reviews, mentions in press articles and copies of our business registration certificate. I had no idea, and still don’t, what their alleged reason was for limiting my account so I was stabbing in the dark a bit re what points to address in this email.

I sent it to the email addresses referred to in this forum, but nearly all of them bounced back (probably because the original post was from some years ago), which was disheartening after I spent all the time drafting it. But I then lodged a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman and also on the Ombudsman’s website they list the official PayPal contact email for complaints, so I emailed my response there too. I subsequently realised this email is in the PayPal Ts and Cs document too for where to send complaints to - so I’d recommend looking up the Ts and Cs doc for your country and emailing to that address.

About 1.5 weeks later I received an email from PayPal out of the blue saying that they determined our account was not in breach of the user terms and had restored our account. There was no explanation as to why they shut down our account in the first place, nor of exactly what worked to get it restored. My guess it was most likely the complaint to the ombudsman that did it - because they have to respond to those complaints at law and it’s probably just easiest for them to restore the account to settle the complaint - or alternatively sending my spiel to the email address that’s in their Ts and Cs doc to handle complaints. I agree with the OP’s comments to not bother keeping ringing them and to email instead, because the call centre staff are basically trained monkeys who can’t see any details and don’t care.

I hope this assists others, like the info posted assisted me.

How can I find the email if you don't mind sharing? I am going through this right now and would appreciate any advice.
The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowrocket For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-06-2021)
Old 01-08-2021

I sell digital services and first PayPal requested more information about my business and I provided it. Then they attempted to link my account with my sons account that owed a debt from over 6 years ago (I only found out about this recently). Although my son claimed that the debt had come from PayPal favouring a buyer who was scamming him, I still gave him the money to settle this debt as I have over 4000 gbp in my account (due to the fact that PayPal allowed me to keep selling my service while reviewing the details about my business) I had no idea it would lead to them closing my account and permanently limiting it. The initial closure email stated that this was do to protecting them from financial loss and didn’t mention anything about the linked account being the issue. I have now emailed all the people on the list and received a response yesterday stating that the reason for closing my account is due to considering my business as high risk! I really can’t keep up with anything they’re saying as it doesn’t add up to what they initially said. They really are all over the place. I’ve now been told that my account will be reviewed every 30 days now and that they may give me access to my money after the first 30 days rather than 180 days.

I emailed them again after receiving this update and now I’m getting the generic “our decision is final” email when reaching out.

I don’t believe a word they’re saying and in disbelief about how deceitful a business with this much power can be. How are they different from the mafia? I’m actually terrified of them.

They haven’t mentioned anything about breaching their acceptable use policy but they’re claiming that my service showing case study examples of past clients is deemed high risk as it could be leading clients to believe they are guaranteed monetary returns. WHAT???, I actually have recorded evidence that every single client who have hired my services don’t think this as they aren’t stupid and know exactly what service they are choosing to purchase. In fact every single client has left me great reviews and praise my service ON RECORD.

Because of this, I’m afraid they may try to hold on to my funds under this accusation of “high risk” (again, they didn’t once mention any breach of AUP, but it sounds like that’s where they’re going?)

I studied their terms and conditions before using PayPal as a method of payment for clients. I really did nothing wrong and have proof of recorded conversations with clients that shows my complete transparency and attempts to reduce risk for myself AND clients.

I’m still waiting to hear back from the financial ombudsman and will keep all who are in the same boat updated as soon as I get to the bottom of things.

Last edited by rainbowrocket; 01-08-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-14-2021

Longevity: 18%

Our account was un-banned 72 hours after the original ban and less than 24 hours after following the advice here and sending emails to 13 likely addresses. I am very grateful - also extremely grateful to our staff member who found your thread. Without her and you I would have had no idea what to do.
Old 01-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Pollock View Post
Our account was un-banned 72 hours after the original ban and less than 24 hours after following the advice here and sending emails to 13 likely addresses. I am very grateful - also extremely grateful to our staff member who found your thread. Without her and you I would have had no idea what to do.
Welcome to the forum - all the best as you master stealth

https://youtu.be/TLcuTISVs3s
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-14-2021)
Old 01-15-2021

My PayPal account was just permanently limited due to "risk". Someone on Twitter referred me to somebody on Instagram who guarantees to restore my account for $200 using an API Decryption Key. Has anybody ever heard of this??
Old 01-15-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnonGroup View Post
My PayPal account was just permanently limited due to "risk". Someone on Twitter referred me to somebody on Instagram who guarantees to restore my account for $200 using an API Decryption Key. Has anybody ever heard of this??
-_-

No such thing... that's a scam...
Old 01-15-2021

I kind of figured as much because I have look all over the web for info on it and have found nothing. I think the reason PayPal limited my account to begin with is that I have only used my account for small purchases, nothing more than $150 at a time on eBay. Then last week, I sold an item to someone from Twitter for $1000. I did Goods and Services but such a large amount coming in on sold item when I have never done one with this account probably looked a bit suspect.

I have filed a BBB complaint and emailed PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations explaining my situation and asking if they would reconsider further examining my account.
Old 01-15-2021

It is all because PayPal relies solei on their algorithms to determine what accounts to limit because they refuse to pay real humans to properly investigate what is really going on. That is why they refuse to discuss any details on why they limit your account. It has been happening for over 15 years so I don't see it changing now. PayPal simply does not care about users.
Old 01-15-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,547 Times in 2,200 Posts
Activity: 53%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
I kind of figured as much because I have look all over the web for info on it and have found nothing. I think the reason PayPal limited my account to begin with is that I have only used my account for small purchases, nothing more than $150 at a time on eBay. Then last week, I sold an item to someone from Twitter for $1000. I did Goods and Services but such a large amount coming in on sold item when I have never done one with this account probably looked a bit suspect.

I have filed a BBB complaint and emailed PayPal's Office of Executive Escalations explaining my situation and asking if they would reconsider further examining my account.

This forum is the original everything stealth, if you can't find it here or we can't do it, most likely others can't do it either and is using that to separate your $$
The Following User Says Thank You to SaiJin For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-17-2021)
Old 01-18-2021

I complained to the following addresses:
aup@paypal.com
executiveoffice@paypal.com
moldenburg@paypal.com
crme@paypal.com
complaints@paypal.com
apires@paypal.com
escalations@paypal.com
BoEappeal@paypal.com
account-review@paypal.com
resolutions@paypal.com
appeal@paypal.com
appeals@paypal.com
press@paypal.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matthew Pollock For This Useful Post:
drakehound (01-18-2021), ffpaypal (01-20-2021)
Old 02-01-2021

Its so depressing when I woke up into

" After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. "

Its been a month since then and how much I lost daily for not conducting business and finally managed to found this thread. I m trying now to email them on all the address given. On top of it, I am from Malaysia which is a country that do not have the best support from PP or the financial authority.

Wish me luck!
Old 02-01-2021

Longevity: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZzLow View Post
Its so depressing when I woke up into

" After a review, we've decided to permanently limit your account due to potential risk. You’ll not be able to conduct any further business using PayPal. "

Its been a month since then and how much I lost daily for not conducting business and finally managed to found this thread. I m trying now to email them on all the address given. On top of it, I am from Malaysia which is a country that do not have the best support from PP or the financial authority.

Wish me luck!
Good Luck, Brother. You are going to need it.
Old 02-10-2021

Hi, may I know I sent the all paypal email list , because I sell the digital product but received parmenent limited. I just use the 12 years PayPal. The PayPal sent me this message :

Thank you for contacting PayPal Customer Support. My name is Philipp John and I am happy to assist you with your account limitation.

I appreciate your time in sending us message. I understand that you need to get access to your funds. When an account is permanently limited, funds are held in 180 days before it gets released. This is a standard practice to ensure that disputes and chargebacks can be covered. You will be notified when the withdrawal option becomes available.

How I do? I want restore my account. and write the message? Thank

Last edited by romingson; 02-10-2021 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyhero1002 View Post
My account just got restored!!!!! Thanks to everyone that helped the guide works. Just email everyone on the list, might have to email everyone seperately since it might not work sending all at once. Sent my first email to everyone on the list on november 25th, and on december 6th sent another email to everyone on the list again, and then on december 23rd i get a message from paypal service saying they partially removed limitations on my account then a minute later received another one saying that they restored my account.
Hey! Can you give me your discord in PMs? I'd like to have a word with you. I can't PM you because I don't have 25 posts.
Old 02-18-2021

My both personal and seller account was get permanent limited few days ago, the reason they wrote to me:
"Because you've continually filed Buyer Protection cases which don't align with the intent of PayPal Buyer Protection and are contrary to the terms set out in our User Agreement, we’ve determined you're no longer allowed to use PayPal’s services. Your account is now permanently limited."

I am using my personal account to continually claim buyer protection because the merchant didn't ship me all the prize that i won from their platform, that's why i continually claim back the topup money back and explained the situation on my buyer protection case.

But then they suddenly give this message to permanent limit my account, and it is terrible that consumer do not allow to open case for specified merchant that's trying to scam consumer money.

I tried to email to following email this morning, i hope to get some reasonable response soon:
aup@paypal.com
moldenburg@paypal.com
crme@paypal.com
complaints@paypal.com
apires@paypal.com
escalations@paypal.com
BoEappeal@paypal.com
resolutions@paypal.com
appeal@paypal.com
appeals@paypal.com
press@paypal.com

Any advice is appreciate, because this case was also affect my business account directly...
Old 02-18-2021

Quote:

Prompt Email BBB?
Where can I write to get a guaranteed answer?
I wrote to all of them, but no one answered me.
aup@paypal.com
moldenburg@paypal.com
crme@paypal.com
complaints@paypal.com
apires@paypal.com
escalations@paypal.com
BoEappeal@paypal.com
resolutions@paypal.com
appeal@paypal.com
appeals@paypal.com
press@paypal.com
Old 02-18-2021

I received a similar email about buyer protection cases! I only had one buyer complaint in the past 6 months. do these emails address still work?
Old 02-19-2021

how many day you send the email already?
Old 02-20-2021

From the list of email i test,
aup@paypal.com - Able to send out
executiveoffice@paypal.com - Able to send out
moldenburg@paypal.com - not able to send
crme@paypal.com - not able to send
complaints@paypal.com - not able to send
apires@paypal.com - not able to send
escalations@paypal.com - not able to send
BoEappeal@paypal.com - not able to send
account-review@paypal.com - not able to send
resolutions@paypal.com - not able to send
appeal@paypal.com - not able to send