[Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold) - Page 14 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 10-01-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 22%
Default Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangInThere View Post
Hi, and welcome!

The first step is to think about the last 24 hours carefully, as limitations are very quick to come around (since it's for PayPal's "security").

Have you sold anything at all?
Have you read the AUP?

Make sure to be open-minded and consider what PayPal could have flagged as the reason, even if you know it was not a violation, as that is the only way you can successfully appeal it.
HangInThere, your recent replies to others who needed your help have inspired me to draft one more message to PayPal. I may try to email it, or this may form my BBB complaint.

Your message above about the 24 hours prior to the limitations and limitations being "quick to come around" says loudly to me that the IP address issue is the reason that my accounts were limited. There had been no activity whatsoever in either account for almost three months prior to that time.

Anyway, at the risk of revealing too much, here is the message that I have drafted. Everyone can either learn from or (more probably) critique it:

__________________________________________________ ______________

Subject: Account Limitation Appeal for Premier Account and Personal Account

Hi,

I am writing to request a review of the limitations that were placed on my Premier Account (*******@***************.com) and Personal Account (********@***************.com) in December, 2019.

The messages that I have received from PayPal regarding these two limitations indicate that the accounts were used to violate PayPal's policies. I have been thinking hard trying to understand what policies might have been violated. I re-read the User Agreement again twice, including the Acceptable Use Policy, and I can't come up with anything. All I can think of to do is to explain to you some of the things that I think might have been at issue:

In December of 2019 I was on vacation in the Philippines. The house that I was staying in had a dynamically allocated IP address, which changed every time the modem was restarted. There were power failures there almost every day, so the modem restarted on a regular basis and a new IP address was always assigned. While there, I logged in-and-out of my Premier Account and Personal Account without making any transactions. I was simply looking at the accounts. Both accounts were permanently limited a few hours later. I am wondering whether the reason for the limitations might have been: ...the geolocation of the computer that I was using to log in from the Philippines? ...or whether the IP address that happened to be assigned at the time that I had logged into my accounts had some suspicious activity associated with it at some point in the past?

I completely understand the need for such security measures, especially in this digital age. If I had had any idea that logging in from the Philippines would be any kind of problem, I would certainly have refrained from doing so.

That's one thing.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the Premier Account happened to have a seemingly large number of eBay returns in the year immediately prior to the limitations. In actuality, most of the returns were initiated by the seller for various reasons. Also, the number of returns was made to appear greater than it actually was, because some refunds were sent in two or more separate transactions.

Here are the details (all are eBay purchases):

December 17, 2018, 25.99 USD was refunded
This was a laptop battery. The transaction was immediately cancelled by the seller. They did not provide a reason.

May 27, 2019, 5.18 USD was refunded
I ordered some pliers that never arrived, and was refunded by the seller.

July 17, 2019, 4.55 AUD, 7.47 AUD, 8.03 AUD were refunded
These were three bottles of inkjet printer ink in various colors that I ordered. The transactions were immediately cancelled by the seller. The seller said that they were out of stock.

August 12, 2019, 35.00 USD was refunded
This was another laptop battery, The transaction was cancelled by the seller. The seller said that the battery had been returned to them by the carrier.

October 5, 2019, 3.39 USD was refunded
This was a mobile phone battery. I received it and it did not work, so the seller sent a refund.

October 4, 2019, 5.00 USD was refunded
October 12, 2019 44.43 USD was refunded
These were for a mobile phone display. I received it and it did not work, so the seller sent a refund. The refund was sent in two payments for unknown reasons.

November 19, 2019, 20.00 USD was refunded
This was for a mobile phone display. I did not receive it, so the seller sent a refund

September 18, 2019, 10.95 USD was refunded
September 18, 2019, 14.81 USD was refunded
These were the separate charges for the purchase price and shipping for a set of automobile repair manuals. The seller and I mutually agreed to cancel the transaction due to difficulties in shipping.

That's it. Those are explanations of all of the returns in the last year that the account was active.

Please do look carefully at all of the above and see whether there is any way that you can lift the limitations on my Premier Account and Personal Account. I have had these accounts for over twenty years now, and I would very much love to be able to make use of them again.

I can of course provide any further information that you might require.

Thank you,

Drakehound
The Following User Says Thank You to drakehound For This Useful Post:
Loafiee (10-02-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-04-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafiee View Post
I provided them with my activity from the last 6 months.
Quote:
I even checked the archives and went through every single tab including flagged transactions and it was clear.
These 2 quotes suggest you were asked for certain documents/information before you were permanently limited. Is that the case? If so, what were the 4 steps they requested?
The Following User Says Thank You to HangInThere For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-09-2021)
Old 10-04-2021
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakehound View Post
HangInThere, your recent replies to others who needed your help have inspired me to draft one more message to PayPal. I may try to email it, or this may form my BBB complaint.

Your message above about the 24 hours prior to the limitations and limitations being "quick to come around" says loudly to me that the IP address issue is the reason that my accounts were limited. There had been no activity whatsoever in either account for almost three months prior to that time.

Anyway, at the risk of revealing too much, here is the message that I have drafted. Everyone can either learn from or (more probably) critique it:

Subject: Account Limitation Appeal for Premier Account and Personal Account

Hi,

I am writing to request a review of the limitations that were placed on my Premier Account (*******@***************.com) and Personal Account (********@***************.com) in December, 2019.

The messages that I have received from PayPal regarding these two limitations indicate that the accounts were used to violate PayPal's policies. I have been thinking hard trying to understand what policies might have been violated. I re-read the User Agreement again twice, including the Acceptable Use Policy, and I can't come up with anything. All I can think of to do is to explain to you some of the things that I think might have been at issue:

In December of 2019 I was on vacation in the Philippines. The house that I was staying in had a dynamically allocated IP address, which changed every time the modem was restarted. There were power failures there almost every day, so the modem restarted on a regular basis and a new IP address was always assigned. While there, I logged in-and-out of my Premier Account and Personal Account without making any transactions. I was simply looking at the accounts. Both accounts were permanently limited a few hours later. I am wondering whether the reason for the limitations might have been: ...the geolocation of the computer that I was using to log in from the Philippines? ...or whether the IP address that happened to be assigned at the time that I had logged into my accounts had some suspicious activity associated with it at some point in the past?

I completely understand the need for such security measures, especially in this digital age. If I had had any idea that logging in from the Philippines would be any kind of problem, I would certainly have refrained from doing so.

That's one thing.

The only other thing that I can think of is that the Premier Account happened to have a seemingly large number of eBay returns in the year immediately prior to the limitations. In actuality, most of the returns were initiated by the seller for various reasons. Also, the number of returns was made to appear greater than it actually was, because some refunds were sent in two or more separate transactions.

Here are the details (all are eBay purchases):

December 17, 2018, 25.99 USD was refunded
This was a laptop battery. The transaction was immediately cancelled by the seller. They did not provide a reason.

May 27, 2019, 5.18 USD was refunded
I ordered some pliers that never arrived, and was refunded by the seller.

July 17, 2019, 4.55 AUD, 7.47 AUD, 8.03 AUD were refunded
These were three bottles of inkjet printer ink in various colors that I ordered. The transactions were immediately cancelled by the seller. The seller said that they were out of stock.

August 12, 2019, 35.00 USD was refunded
This was another laptop battery, The transaction was cancelled by the seller. The seller said that the battery had been returned to them by the carrier.

October 5, 2019, 3.39 USD was refunded
This was a mobile phone battery. I received it and it did not work, so the seller sent a refund.

October 4, 2019, 5.00 USD was refunded
October 12, 2019 44.43 USD was refunded
These were for a mobile phone display. I received it and it did not work, so the seller sent a refund. The refund was sent in two payments for unknown reasons.

November 19, 2019, 20.00 USD was refunded
This was for a mobile phone display. I did not receive it, so the seller sent a refund

September 18, 2019, 10.95 USD was refunded
September 18, 2019, 14.81 USD was refunded
These were the separate charges for the purchase price and shipping for a set of automobile repair manuals. The seller and I mutually agreed to cancel the transaction due to difficulties in shipping.

That's it. Those are explanations of all of the returns in the last year that the account was active.

Please do look carefully at all of the above and see whether there is any way that you can lift the limitations on my Premier Account and Personal Account. I have had these accounts for over twenty years now, and I would very much love to be able to make use of them again.

I can of course provide any further information that you might require.

Thank you,

Drakehound
Very nice attempt with the letter! The tone and structure is spot on.

Two suggestions:
  1. Include the Case ID in the email subject, or at least somewhere clear in the body of the email - there are many indications that this is crucial to improving odds (since that's how their review starts)
  2. Consider removing everything regarding the refunds, as I can see none of them were your fault and hence it's likely not the issue (especially if you didn't have to open any disputes). I even worry that it may negatively impact your appeal; it really depends on your ratio, not the volume, so it's your call.

Last edited by HangInThere; 10-04-2021 at 06:50 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to HangInThere For This Useful Post:
drakehound (10-06-2021)
Old 10-06-2021

Quote:
Very nice attempt with the letter! The tone and structure is spot on.

Two suggestions:
  1. Include the Case ID in the email subject, or at least somewhere clear in the body of the email - there are many indications that this is crucial to improving odds (since that's how their review starts)
  2. Consider removing everything regarding the refunds, as I can see none of them were your fault and hence it's likely not the issue (especially if you didn't have to open any disputes). I even worry that it may negatively impact your appeal; it really depends on your ratio, not the volume, so it's your call.
Thanks! I will include the Case ID in the email subject.

As for removing everything regarding the refunds, I can't do that. What would be left would simply be the same email that I have already sent them literally hundreds of times. I am giving it one last Hail Mary try with all of that refund detail to see whether it makes any difference.

I will let you know what happens!
Old 10-07-2021

Longevity: 14%

Quote:
These 2 quotes suggest you were asked for certain documents/information before you were permanently limited. Is that the case? If so, what were the 4 steps they requested?
That's the thing, I wasn't. I provided them as a precaution if they did. This is a very bizarre ban. There was NOTHING on my account that showed that I was going against the agreement. They told me "Due to my activity-- I'm permanently limited" Because I violated the UAP. And on top of that, Just found out literally 10 mins ago, I was banned on Venmo too.
Yesterday was my birthday and the ONLY activity I got was my mother sending me $100 on Venmo. Before that, I haven't used Venmo in over a year.

With Paypal, its almost the same case. Just paying bills off recently and just normal transactions (I.e Twitch, Steam.. etc.). I've tried asking Paypal directly about why I was banned and they just kept saying "Something". They wouldn't tell me what it was. So I'm completely stumped here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loafiee For This Useful Post:
drakehound (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021

Quote:
That's the thing, I wasn't. I provided them as a precaution if they did. This is a very bizarre ban. There was NOTHING on my account that showed that I was going against the agreement. They told me "Due to my activity-- I'm permanently limited" Because I violated the UAP. And on top of that, Just found out literally 10 mins ago, I was banned on Venmo too.
Yesterday was my birthday and the ONLY activity I got was my mother sending me $100 on Venmo. Before that, I haven't used Venmo in over a year.

With Paypal, its almost the same case. Just paying bills off recently and just normal transactions (I.e Twitch, Steam.. etc.). I've tried asking Paypal directly about why I was banned and they just kept saying "Something". They wouldn't tell me what it was. So I'm completely stumped here.
It sounds as though you and I are in exactly the same boat, brother.
Old 10-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,908 Times in 8,201 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
It sounds as though you and I are in exactly the same boat, brother.
Nice approach so far drakehound
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
drakehound (10-08-2021)
Old 10-12-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Nice approach so far drakehound
The reply took 25 hours, 14 minutes:

I AM SORRY, BUT THERE IS NO FURTHER INFORMATION OR DETAIL I CAN PROVIDE ABOUT WHY THE ACCOUNT IS LIMITED OR WHY FUNDS ARE UNAVAILABLE.

At least it's different from the dozens of different form letters I have collected over the past two years.

Interestingly, it is the only one in ALL CAPITALS. I can tell that they are very, very tired of me by now. Also, the fact that they mention FUNDS when there are no funds in the accounts shows that they are really not paying attention to or even looking at my accounts.

I still have no idea what triggered this, but whatever it was, it must have been highly egregious compared with whatever triggered the limitations of all you others who were eventually restored.

I guess I still have the Better Business Bureau. That is basically going to be an afterthought for me now. Only a fool would be holding out any further hope at this point.

Kafkaesque.
Old 10-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Sounds very frustrating on your end :(
drakehound (10-12-2021)
Old 10-12-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Sounds very frustrating on your end :(
Wow, I just went to the BBB website to file my complaint. I was stunned to see that they only allow a thousand characters -- which is not enough to even begin to describe or explain anything!

I whittled my case down to the following:

__________________________________________________ _____________

Case ID: PP-***-***-***-***

I am writing to request a review of the limitations that were placed on my Premier Account (*******@***************.com) and Personal Account (*******@***************.com) in December, 2019.

My Better Business Bureau complaint is late because PayPal Customer Service was very difficult to reach during COVID-19.

The messages that I have received from PayPal regarding these two limitations indicate that the accounts were used to violate PayPal's policies. I re-read the User Agreement again twice, including the Acceptable Use Policy, and I am quite confident that I have not violated any of the policies.

Please do look carefully at my Premier Account and Personal Account again and see whether there is any way that you can lift the limitations on them. I have had these accounts for over twenty years now, and I would very much love to be able to make use of them again.

I can of course also provide any further information that you might require.

Thank you
Old 10-13-2021

Exclamation Re: [Guide] [Account Restored] Permanent Limitation (with 180-day hold)

I filled out a complaint on Saturday on BBB but they still not submit my complaint, what time they took to submit your complaint.
The Following User Says Thank You to supersusanoo For This Useful Post:
drakehound (10-18-2021)
Old 10-13-2021

Longevity: 20%

Hello,
My PayPal is permanently frozen. PayPal also deducted my balance. In the absence of email to notify me.Have $7200,who can help.
The Following User Says Thank You to JimmyY For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-09-2021)
Old 10-16-2021

Quote:
Hello! New to fourms so please bear with me.

First of all... THANK YOU for the instructions. We play the waiting game. However I can't help but just be super anxious.

I found out today I was banned permanently on Paypal. I only use paypal on trusted sites like Steam, Grubhub, Starbucks, Twitch, Google, etc. When I found out I VIOLATED the Acceptable Use Policy, I was in shock. Now when it says Violation.. Is there a way I can still get it back? I never had any kind of outstanding statuses on my account. I pay my paypal credit every month on time.. I even have a balance and I also have a credit to pay which my balance does not cover. Would you think this is fixable?

Again. I use paypal for very basic stuff. Commissions and stated above. None which is illegal usage.

I just wanted to update:

So they EVER SO QUIETLY unbanned me. I'm not sure what it was. I sent multiple emails.. and also filed a complaint on BBB. I only found out I was unbanned because Microsoft took out 10 bucks out of my Paypal one night and it wasn't rejected. (Every autopay before that was rejected) I was also able to take off my debit cards and bank info and send money.. LOL. As for the Venmo, I'm sure I would have been unbanned as well because Venmo and Paypal work together. But I deleted my Venmo when I found out I was banned and made a new one.
Hopefully soon I'll get some sort of response from Paypal or BBB about why I was banned and paypal not being able to do business with me.

Again, thanks so much OP for this post and I hope you have a great one.
The Following User Says Thank You to Loafiee For This Useful Post:
drakehound (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersusanoo View Post
I filled out a complaint on Saturday on BBB but they still not submit my complaint, what time they took to submit your complaint.
You will have to be the one to tell me the answer to that, because I only just today filed my complaint.

After further thought, I decided that the thousand character limit would be insufficient for my situation, so I submitted it as a PDF attachment to my complaint. It comes in around three thousand characters.

Also, I noted that they only accept complaints regarding incidents that have occurred within the past twelve months. This is very important to note, as I had no way of knowing this until I actually went to file the complaint. I would have made sure to file within the twelve-month timeline if I had known that it existed. The Better Business Bureau says that the twelve-month requirement can be relaxed in extenuating circumstances, so I am hoping that they will allow that in my case.

Here is my complaint, for the record:

In December of 2019 my Premier Account (*******@***************.com) and Personal Account (********@***************.com) were both limited by PayPal.

These limitations came suddenly and without warning. The reason given was that I had supposedly violated PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. I was shocked, because I have had these accounts for over twenty years and I have always been very careful to follow all of the rules. I read PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy again very carefully at that time and discovered that I had, indeed, done nothing wrong.

The message that I received from PayPal regarding the limitations said, "Your account has been limited until you provide some additional information," and I was given Case ID: PP-***-***-***-***.

The message also said, "It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account or latest transactions."

I telephoned PayPal Customer Service right away and was told that there was nothing that could be done over the telephone, and that email was the only way through which these limitations could be addressed.

Over the next several months, I sent quite a few emails to PayPal trying to get instructions on what I needed to do next. Most of the time I received no reply. When I did get the occasional reply, they were always unhelpful, sometimes self-contradictory, and never even answered the questions that I was asking of them. Never was I told what I needed to do next in order to have these limitations on my accounts removed.

Then came the pandemic and the world shut down. For most of the intervening time, PayPal had limited customer service staffing and was just plain unreachable for all intents and purposes. I decided to give PayPal some breathing space to sort themselves out and to contact them again when times were better.

Eventually, PayPal's customer servicing staffing returned to normal and I began emailing them again. The results were just the same or worse: I was once again getting fluffed-off with seemingly automated replies that had nothing to do with my situation and offered no path forward.

Finally I realized that I was failing to get PayPal's attention on my own and that I would need to resort to involving a third party in the discussion. After looking for further information, I discovered that the Better Business Bureau would be the best ones to help with this situation.

That is why more than one year has now passed since the limitations: it is because of the delay caused by the pandemic's effect on PayPal's customer service staffing.

Would you please ask PayPal to let me know what needs to be done in order to remove the limitations on my Premier Account (*******@***************.com) and Personal Account (********@***************.com)? I have had these accounts for over twenty years, and I would very much love to be able to make use of them again.

I can of course also provide any further information that might be required.

Thank you,

drakehound
Old 10-29-2021

The BBB just forwarded my complaint to PayPal today. I took them nine business days.

Wish me luck! This is my last kick at the can...
Old 11-02-2021

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:
The BBB just forwarded my complaint to PayPal today. I took them nine business days.

Wish me luck! This is my last kick at the can...
wish you good luck.
Let us know how the things went.
The Following User Says Thank You to @NasterXchange For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021

Longevity: 13%

Sadly we encountered the same fate. Account registered November 2020, started selling in April this year and turned over around 40 000,- €. Our account got limited on the first of November without prior warning, excessive disputes or similar.

While we managed to get our request escalated to the Brand Risk Management department, they sent the same cookie cutter response as always: AUP & terms etc.

We are 100% compliant with their AUP (SaaS business, selling own developed software), so we literally have no idea about the reasoning behind their decisions. Best bet is currently on incompetence.

Last resort is suing I guess...
The Following User Says Thank You to ppeter For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021

Well, PayPal responded today to my complaint. It took 22 days all together since I filed the complaint.

There response was:

"Your account activity poses excessive risk to PayPal and our community. Specifically, we noticed that you sent/accepted payment for items prohibited under our Acceptable Use Policy."

I haven't accepted any payments, so something that I sent payment for would have to have violated their Acceptable Use Policy. I looked at all of the items again: electronic parts, computer parts, books, office supplies, car parts, appliance parts... everything from soup to nuts, and all on eBay.

As I mentioned before, there was no activity whatsoever in the account for almost two months before I was permanently limited.

I'm mad enough to spit, but there is nothing more I can do. This is the end of the line for me.

Thanks for all of your help over the past two years, guys.

Last edited by drakehound; 11-09-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-12-2021

Longevity: 13%

Quote:
Well, PayPal responded today to my complaint. It took 22 days all together since I filed the complaint.

There response was:

"Your account activity poses excessive risk to PayPal and our community. Specifically, we noticed that you sent/accepted payment for items prohibited under our Acceptable Use Policy."

I haven't accepted any payments, so something that I sent payment for would have to have violated their Acceptable Use Policy. I looked at all of the items again: electronic parts, computer parts, books, office supplies, car parts, appliance parts... everything from soup to nuts, and all on eBay.

As I mentioned before, there was no activity whatsoever in the account for almost two months before I was permanently limited.

I'm mad enough to spit, but there is nothing more I can do. This is the end of the line for me.

Thanks for all of your help over the past two years, guys.
Can u help me to write a letter, i'm not good at english
The Following User Says Thank You to Unknown112 For This Useful Post:
drakehound (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown112 View Post
Anyone can help me to write effective letter? i will paid :((((
Welcome to the forum OP - all the best as you master stealth

Watch out for random e-mails proposing business to you
drakehound (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021

Quote:
I and many others here are always willing to help.

You can look back in this thread and see a couple of letters that I wrote to use as examples.
Old 11-13-2021
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,535 Times in 2,189 Posts
Activity: 69%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
which country do you live in?

If it's not USA, please change your flag so we don't give you a wrong info