Has anybody actually been able to withdraw their money after 180 days? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Old 09-29-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 30%
Default Has anybody actually been able to withdraw their money after 180 days?

I'm officially only one full week away come next Sunday from being able to finally withdraw my money that's been limited for 180 days to my bank. I've called them a couple of times to confirm the date and they say October 6th next Sunday. I have to watch out for the email and withdraw.

I have heard some nightmare stories over the years of people not getting the email or being able to withdraw their funds once they've completed the 180 days so I'm nervous right now that I could be one of those people.

I hope everything goes smooth and I can finally withdraw my money. I'm planning on calling at least once before that day just to reconfirm that everything will go as planned and no funny business of keeping it limited after this week.

Has anybody here actually gotten the email or been able to withdraw their funds to their bank on-time as soon as their 180 days are over?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 43%
Default Re: Has anybody actually been able to withdraw their money after 180 days?

The 180 day rule isn't a guarantee you will get your money after that time. There have been many people on this forum report obstacles which hinder that. One of the biggest is the inability to add a bank account after limitations, or errors like "we cannot process your request" when attempting to withdrawal.

Furthermore PayPal can also demand valid ID after 180 days if they think the details you gave them are phony. They will then keep your money indefinitely if they have proof the info you gave them is not real. They have done this with UK accounts a lot, and are doing it more now with USA accounts as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to nickopedia For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Has anybody actually been able to withdraw their money after 180 days?

The one time I had an account limited with $ being held for 6 months, I had zero issues withdrawing after the 6 months were up. I waited until I got the email then transferred out all ~$2500 at once.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the horror stories you reference are from UK users. On the UK side they tend to insist on valid verifiable ID after the 6mo's.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickopedia View Post
The 180 day rule isn't a guarantee you will get your money after that time. There have been many people on this forum report obstacles which hinder that. One of the biggest is the inability to add a bank account after limitations, or errors like "we cannot process your request" when attempting to withdrawal.

Furthermore PayPal can also demand valid ID after 180 days if they think the details you gave them are phony. They will then keep your money indefinitely if they have proof the info you gave them is not real. They have done this with UK accounts a lot, and are doing it more now with USA accounts as well.
Everything should be good for I got everything on my account valid I didn't use any illegal names or addresses and stuff like that with these particular accounts. I am US based and I already had a bank account attached to this account. I should be good but you never know. Thanks for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
The one time I had an account limited with $ being held for 6 months, I had zero issues withdrawing after the 6 months were up. I waited until I got the email then transferred out all ~$2500 at once.

If I'm not mistaken, most of the horror stories you reference are from UK users. On the UK side they tend to insist on valid verifiable ID after the 6mo's.
Thanks for the post as I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I will do the same and wait for the email and transfer the whole amount.

Yeah, when I was reading around it seemed to be with mostly UK or foreign accounts didn't see too many American stories with it so I'm thinking I should be fine as I'm US based and all my information was real and a bank account already attached to it as well.
Old 09-29-2019

Longevity: 37%

I have actually received the e-mail before 180 days and was able to withdraw. I have also just gone and withdrawn after the 180 days without having received an e-mail. I have, only once, recently, had them keep my funds and claim that it was to compensate them for damages caused by my operating outside of their terms of service, so I'm in the process of dealing with that. But otherwise it's been smooth....
The Following User Says Thank You to byronius maximus For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronius maximus View Post
I have actually received the e-mail before 180 days and was able to withdraw. I have also just gone and withdrawn after the 180 days without having received an e-mail. I have, only once, recently, had them keep my funds and claim that it was to compensate them for damages caused by my operating outside of their terms of service, so I'm in the process of dealing with that. But otherwise it's been smooth....
Do you know around how many days it was when it was before 180 days? I actually asked them if I could get an early withdraw a few weeks ago they told me I needed to wait until the 180 days was complete.

Was it a lot of money for this one with compensation for damages? Hopefully, you can get your money with that but at least everything else has been smooth.

I'm not even going to allow them to ever freeze me again like that at least when it's a lot of money like thousands. A couple of hundreds I don't really care I got some other accounts that are coming up on ending the 180 days in the next 2-3 months. The first one was the biggest amount.
Old 09-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

I would try not to overload PayPal with daily calls.

You could strike a staffer in a bad mood.

Then you have issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleWarehouse View Post
I'm officially only one full week away come next Sunday from being able to finally withdraw my money that's been limited for 180 days to my bank. I've called them a couple of times to confirm the date and they say October 6th next Sunday. I have to watch out for the email and withdraw.

I have heard some nightmare stories over the years of people not getting the email or being able to withdraw their funds once they've completed the 180 days so I'm nervous right now that I could be one of those people.

I hope everything goes smooth and I can finally withdraw my money. I'm planning on calling at least once before that day just to reconfirm that everything will go as planned and no funny business of keeping it limited after this week.

Has anybody here actually gotten the email or been able to withdraw their funds to their bank on-time as soon as their 180 days are over?
Time will tell - just be patient. More success stories than there are problem ones...though that does happen :(
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
I would try not to overload PayPal with daily calls.

You could strike a staffer in a bad mood.

Then you have issues.

True true true, that's why when I first got limited I made the decision after I called them twice on that first day to just leave it alone with the phone calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Time will tell - just be patient. More success stories than there are problem ones...though that does happen :(
I will especially if I made it through 170+ days of this nightmare a few more days of patience isn't going to hurt. It seems few and far between with the nightmare stories. I think there was some other things going on with those cases. Somebody confirmed that when they called PayPal they fixed an error with the withdraw button so sometimes it can be something just as little as that.
Old 09-30-2019

Longevity: 34%

I just got 4.6k out and that was after they caught a bad ID on the account.

So you should be fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leader2dark For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (09-30-2019), rsot (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post

So you should be fine.
Not bad.

Old 09-30-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post

So you should be fine.
Thanks, man, I'm so happy for you man you made me feel so good today as I needed to hear some good news like that as I get closer and closer to Sunday.

It's also a good thing you got that amount out with a bad ID on the account. It seems like they will pay us our money no matter what once we get through the 180 days.
Old 09-30-2019

Longevity: 29%

Luckily, I have never had a PayPal limited with a large amount inside. However, in the event that such a scenario does happen, I will open up a small claims case against them. From what I have heard, they usually give up when you go the legal route and will just refund your money without you ever having to attend a court hearing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Humm For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (09-30-2019)
Old 09-30-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm View Post
Luckily, I have never had a PayPal limited with a large amount inside. However, in the event that such a scenario does happen, I will open up a small claims case against them. From what I have heard, they usually give up when you go the legal route and will just refund your money without you ever having to attend a court hearing.
Yeah, I'm never having a large amount in PayPal ever again this taught me a good lesson not ever treat PayPal like a bank. If I ever get back into the e-com world again I'm making sure I get a business bank account and get a merch account.

Yeah, I've read they'll usually release the money if you take legal action. I wanted to do it but since they froze most of my money I had none left to take legal action. Better Business Bureau claim did not help or the Attorney General's office like some people suggested in the past. I think it has to be court action. I wonder if anybody can confirm taking them to court in 2019 and what happened with that. I've let it go but there's a part of me that still wants to take legal action against them. The fact that they release the money is a sign that they are doing something illegal with this and they'll release the money before it ever gets into the courtrooms.
Old 10-02-2019

Longevity: 68%

I'm reading this thread. I have a lot of experience with this. But I don't understand. You just say "I CAN'T WITHDRAWWWWW MY MOOONNNNEEEEYYYYYYYY"

Where are you having the problem?

Did you try withdrawing smaller amounts?

Anyway you sound like a douche, I hope Paypal keeps your money.
Old 10-02-2019

Longevity: 68%

Your account is limited 180 days, you just add a bank account/debit card and withdraw it.
Try smaller amounts. Try waiting 72 hours.

Maybe you have $5,00,000,000 inside then call a lawyer.
Old 10-02-2019
Executive [VIP]

lol, wtf bob. You probably just called Santa Claus a douchebag.

Tons of people really have had problems trying to withdraw after the 180 days.. so it's a justified thread in my book.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019)
Old 10-02-2019

Longevity: 76%

i had my paypal limited i could withdraw after 180 days
and my moneybookers got limited too but they didne return any money they just closed my account
The Following User Says Thank You to jhn2001 For This Useful Post:
NorthPoleWarehouse (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019
Threadstarter  

UPDATE: It's bad news guys real bad news, I got hit up with the scammy PayPal's Damages Caused by Acceptable Use Policy Violation so the dream of getting my money this Sunday has ended. I'll now have to do something I probably should've done way back in April and that's take them to small claims court.
Old 10-03-2019

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
UPDATE: It's bad news guys real bad news, I got hit up with the scammy PayPal's Damages Caused by Acceptable Use Policy Violation so the dream of getting my money this Sunday has ended. I'll now have to do something I probably should've done way back in April and that's take them to small claims court.
WTF? What's the reason for them holding your money? Did they provide any info?
Old 10-04-2019
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinijchai View Post
WTF? What's the reason for them holding your money? Did they provide any info?
Man, it's some bull**** reason talking about damages and acceptable use policy. I still don't even know what they mean by that I think they just made that excuse of a policy to keep my money. They literally withdrew it to themselves in all of my accounts that were due.

That's okay though I got a lot of information since I found out about it and I'm in the process of getting a "Demand Letter" drawn up and I heard about 98% of the time they not only respond to it but they cave in on giving you your money back because they want to avoid a possible lawsuit and losing more money than they owe to you.

I'll see how this goes and update you guys on how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to NorthPoleWarehouse For This Useful Post:
vinijchai (10-04-2019)
Old 10-04-2019

Longevity: 36%

Quote:
Man, it's some bull**** reason talking about damages and acceptable use policy. I still don't even know what they mean by that I think they just made that excuse of a policy to keep my money. They literally withdrew it to themselves in all of my accounts that were due.

That's okay though I got a lot of information since I found out about it and I'm in the process of getting a "Demand Letter" drawn up and I heard about 98% of the time they not only respond to it but they cave in on giving you your money back because they want to avoid a possible lawsuit and losing more money than they owe to you.

I'll see how this goes and update you guys on how it goes.
Is this paypal US? I'm starting to worried now. I'm using paypal Canada.