Shedding Light: Paypal Money Released After 180 Days - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk > Paypal Limited

Paypal Limited PayPal Limited Account – A general forum on PayPal limitations and how to either lift them or create new accounts.

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12patron View Post
How you can withdraw earlier? When I called Paypal and try ask them release funds one week earlier, they told me it`s not possible. How you speak with them?
Be nice to them and hopefully you get a nice person on the phone.
Call back until you get someone willing to help. They only have a few people answering the phones for suspended accounts. They should have more but they dont have a lot of them dealing with these suspended accounts. write down names of who you talk to and pay attention to who is the nicer person.
The Following User Says Thank You to bmwsouthside For This Useful Post:
OfficialGenius (03-19-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 76%
Default me too

wow Burning, sounds like i have this to look forward to. I also got the boot last week out of the clear blue, got some new product to sell and sold about $3000 in one week, which threw up a red flag...So they cut me off, but i am ready to read the Stealth Book and get back up and running on another account. They will hold my money but I understand they also have to give me interest on that money...Need to check into that..Take care and hope for the best in your new accounts, which i know you will be getting
Old 03-18-2011

man i wish i found this forum before i went all out thinking i was gonna make huge bucks only to get slapped with limitations. i have a bunch of questions, but like paypal, it seems nobody will answer my questions. so i will try just one.

i was told i needed to supply all those documents. one of which was an invoice "proving" i owned the items i was selling. so do i do this? i am mailing the remaining items out i need to send today, so once the people receive the items, obviously i had the items. will they just remove this particular request. the reason for my concern is the items were bought in china, so would they ban me for buying in china? man i hate peypal and ebay
Old 03-19-2011

Default what type of limitation is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota5369 View Post
man i wish i found this forum before i went all out thinking i was gonna make huge bucks only to get slapped with limitations. i have a bunch of questions, but like paypal, it seems nobody will answer my questions. so i will try just one.

i was told i needed to supply all those documents. one of which was an invoice "proving" i owned the items i was selling. so do i do this? i am mailing the remaining items out i need to send today, so once the people receive the items, obviously i had the items. will they just remove this particular request. the reason for my concern is the items were bought in china, so would they ban me for buying in china? man i hate peypal and ebay
what limitation did they hit you with?
normally, I do not send out anymore items and I sell the items elsewhere but it depends on you. you have to know how to manage that.
Old 03-19-2011

you can use any receipts. all they do is have someone look at it and make a decision if its goo enough or not. its hit or miss. They could tell you its fine or they could tell you we dont want to do business with you anymore and we will hold your money for 180 days. You never know.
Old 03-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsouthside View Post
what limitation did they hit you with?
normally, I do not send out anymore items and I sell the items elsewhere but it depends on you. you have to know how to manage that.
i need to send them bank info, ss#, address and receipts for purchase. i didnt get the first 3 since i had already done that before to become verified. but from what i can gather, sending them receipts from purchases in china, even though the products are fine to sell isnt gonna get me anywhere. i already decided to refund everyone their money and keep the product to resell under my upcoming stealth account.

what really sucks is that paypal is not just hurting the sellers, they are hurting the buyers. i feel bad some of these people wont be getting the product they paid for. they bid on it, won it, paid for it, and are now waiting for it. only now, a week later i send them a note saying i am sorry, but because this system is a joke i will not be sending the item they wanted and will be refunding them for their purchase.

at least they are getting all the money they spent, but it still sucks for them
Old 05-25-2011

Longevity: 74%

Interested to know how long you have between being asked for verficiation and your account and it being limited.

For example if they want ur ID to verify u, and you don't send it - while this is happeneing you can still use your account and have money put into it.

Is this an idefinite thing? Or do you have to provide your ID by a certain time before they simply put the 180 day limit on u automatically if no ID is forthcoming?
Old 05-26-2011

I would like to know that as well
Old 05-26-2011
Executive [VIP]

The moment the account becomes limited the 180 days countdown starts regardless of whether you supply them with ID or not - If you choose not to get creative and give them ID send them an email letting them know your not prepared to send in documents just to make sure the 180 day countdown begins.

After 90 days I would reccomend sending paypal and email asking for your money sooner - from my experience they often do this if their has been no chargebacks on payments, and everyone has received their orders. However doesnt work 100% of the time but worth a go to get your money sooner.

I believe if you try and carry on selling on the paypal account the money will stay limited in the account so I wouldnt try to keep on selling once they've asked for your ID details.
The Following User Says Thank You to Imakemoney For This Useful Post:
davepeters (05-26-2011)
Old 05-26-2011

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imakemoney View Post
The moment the account becomes limited the 180 days countdown starts regardless of whether you supply them with ID or not - If you choose not to get creative and give them ID send them an email letting them know your not prepared to send in documents just to make sure the 180 day countdown begins.

After 90 days I would reccomend sending paypal and email asking for your money sooner - from my experience they often do this if their has been no chargebacks on payments, and everyone has received their orders. However doesnt work 100% of the time but worth a go to get your money sooner.

I believe if you try and carry on selling on the paypal account the money will stay limited in the account so I wouldnt try to keep on selling once they've asked for your ID details.
thanks for repsonding,

Sorry but maybe i misused teminology. Or maybe i misunderstand.

There is a point in Au after you earn $1000 paypal want ID etc.

You cannot withdrawl money but buyers can still pay you.

The acccount has not been fully limited.

What I am saying is that if I don't send in this info they ask for, I can still operate my ebay account as money is still coming into paypal - it is just that i cannot get to it.

How long before paypal say enough is enough you havent sent in the info we are limiting you and then stop payment coming thru and then the 180 days begin?

To me that in between period is just as good as having an active accoiunt - I am still selling product, money is coming in and in the meantime I can start up another stealth account so I have a smooth transition in case they refuse my documents when I finally send them in at the last possible moment (if there actually exisits such a point?)
Old 05-26-2011

Longevity: 75%

I tried to get away with this too, just ignored them. After a couple of weeks I lost the ability to list anything for sale until the problems with the paypal account had been resolved. This is still the case after 4 weeks on this particular account and as of yet, no mention of 180 limit.

However, as Imakemoney said, 180 days starts from when the account was limited - or at least it was in my case last year - should have bought the stealth guide then but I though I knew best until ............ they did it again with all of my other accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to Apple on Head For This Useful Post:
davepeters (05-27-2011)
Old 05-30-2011

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Paypal CANNOT Keep it,,,Thats the Law,,,,

The problem for a Lot of users comes when the Decide to Close the attached Bank account to the Limited Paypal account and they are are Unable to add another Bank account to that Paypal when the 180 Days is up in order to Withdraw the Funds,,,

and Being a Stealth paypal account having Paypal cut a Check in the stealth Name is NOT an Option,,,

I Personally have added Bank Accounts after the 180 Limit to Stealth Accounts with no Problem, as Did Burning the OP,,,so I am not sure why others are having Problems,,,,

The Safest thing to Do is Not to Touch the Attached Bank Account after the Paypal account has been Limited and only close AFTER you get Every Dime out of Paypal,,,
You cant touch an added bank account once you're limited anyway!!
So that makes no sense.. Just sayin
Old 06-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilver73 View Post
You cant touch an added bank account once you're limited anyway!!
So that makes no sense.. Just sayin
You CANNOT CLOSE a Bank account from your Paypal account,,,You can ONLY Close it thru the Bank,,,The account can also Close if it is Inactive for too Long,,,

Does my Previous Post make More Sense Now,,,
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 89%

Hi guys, a little help here please..

My 180 days are up on one of my accounts and I have received the email to withdraw. However I had earlier removed the bank account. (mistake).

This paypal by the way has a stealth name and address.

Anyway I tried putting the same account back in, but its been blacklisted according the the message I received.

It then goes on to say, I can add the blacklisted account, but I'll have to fax my bank statement and driving license.
or
I can add a different account. However all my other accounts have my real details and are tied to other working paypals and ebays.

(dont think i can do a secure trust with stealth details)

what can I possibly do now guys ...?
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 82%

Open a new account(savings) at one of your banks, then link it to that paypal account. (All they see is the account number, not your name).

Withdrawal your money and then either close that account afterwards or make a note not to use that account with another PP.

Either that or you will need to give them what they want - Bank Statement and DL
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 89%

thanks, but how about the address?

All my bank accounts have my real one, but paypal has the stealth. There seems to be an option add the real address to paypal as an extra address, but then that could link them to my other accounts.
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 82%

Paypal does not know what the name or address on your bank accounts are. Just account number and routing number.

That being said, it does need to be one of the banks mentioned that will take a deposit from a different name, though a lot of them will.
Old 09-10-2011

Longevity: 73%
Default Fascinating insights!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Thanks for your nice comment. I have withdrawn over $2500 to my RBC US funding account. I suggest ALL Canadians open up a USA funding account from RBC in order to avoid paypal's 2% conversion feeeee!

All my business is done in USD!
Hi 'Burning"-interesting piece of info-i wonder if it applies to us OZZIES? If anybody knows-just shout out-

i don't see a reason why not-but unlike the US EB&PP just have 'financial services license's'(2 trade in OZ)- so it might be different-just like u i have nearly the same amount waiting till the 9th of December(nice xmas pressie).

I learnt s/thing very valuable just in the last week-when they ask for the 1st set of PP limited doc's reply rapidly-i didn't and they then asked for the dreaded photo id-account burned-total=$200-if i had responded in a timely manner-they would have accepted it and i would be ok-so learn that being expeditious is preferable 2 'laisse fairre'-we OZZIE'S are often referred to by this latin phrase meaning 'she'll b right mate-do it whenever'-which is what we r famous for. Thanks 4 sharing yr insights the book is awesome and the forum picks up where the book leaves off-personal experience-kudo's dude-OZZIE DUDE-
Old 09-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Ozzie_Dude, have you noticed that no one posts in text speak like you do?

Take into account there are non-english speaking users here . That post is too hard too read for most here. Cobber.
Old 09-11-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Ozzie_Dude, have you noticed that no one posts in text speak like you do?

Take into account there are non-english speaking users here . That post is too hard too read for most here. Cobber.
That's right!!! I feel a bit dizzy after reading it.....
Old 09-25-2011

Thats Good You Got Your Money..
Old 10-08-2011

Longevity: 73%

Hmmmm, generally I refund my buyers and I will just move onto the next account, or maybe different website to sell the remaining items. Sadly this week I had my first limitation actually occur after I shipped my items. So now I have $1400 in one account and $400 in another. Normally i wouldnt mind waiting 180 days, but Ive been in a tight situation financially.
So I actually wondered, do I keep my bank accounts open for 6mnths, pay the bank fees (as they are ONLYused for paypal) or do I close the bank accounts then attempt to add new bank accounts later. My paypal limitations say I can receive funds and say I can add a bank account. But I never trust paypal.

A little tip that has worked for me, and this will depend on everyones situation. After some of my buyers received their item, or I had provided them tracking information I asked my buyers if I refunded them would they send me the money through wire transfer or western union. I offered my buyers that I would pay the fees, as its really the same as paying paypal and I wanted a large percentage of money now rather then waiting 180 days.
Anyways I was successful in getting 3 out of 6 buyers so far to send me money directly to my bank acccount. So at least I got some of my cash. I was worried doing this, but didnt have any other options for fast money and it seemed to work. So maybe it will work for some other people.
Closed Thread