Paypal Policy Update for March 29, 2019 - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 02-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 16%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: Paypal Policy Update for March 29, 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
In the nicest way possible slokor, I'd like to ask you what your plan is moving forward in terms of selling accounts?

Business as usual and just make sure all your buyers understand the bank account requirement?

Aside from "claim it" there's been a lot of talk on the forum lately about people not being able to add bank accounts. I'm not going to speculate but I'm wondering if the security around adding bank accounts to PP's will be upgraded to go along with this new "feature".

Side note - This is the same day eBay is forcibly removing my merchant account. I know there's a correlation but I don't know to what extent.
Not much us sellers can do other than that. Make sure people are as well informed as possible is all we can do - which is what Ive always done in the past as well.
Im working to get a 'sticky' with info pertaining to this new state of things with paypal which impacts Non US buyers for the most part. If one is from the US or Canada this has a minimal impact on them since they can add a US based bank account and continue operations as before.
As for adding bank accounts - I myself add VBAs to all my accounts and have never had an issue. I don't want to speculate as to what others might be doing wrong. Just saying I myself never have an issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (02-18-2019)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Looks like it. It doesn't sell much anyway. I'll probably put it through Adyen's application just to see what it's like. Wouldn't be the end of the world if I accidentally kill the account in the process.

I could take my chances adding a new PP account but then I probably wouldn't be able to "verify" it to get rid of "claim it".
Why not just add a US bank account and continue operations as usual then?
Im sorry I have no idea what country your from cause youre not showing a flag. Care to share?
Old 02-17-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%

Quote:
Mostly because of the merchant account but also because I haven't made any new listings on it in like 2 years. Basically I shifted my focus to other accounts when I added the merchant account because I knew it was going to drop my sales to almost 0.

When they first started talking about Adyen I kinda got excited because I was thinking in the new system more buyers would be willing to buy from me since tons of sellers would be asking for CC #'s like my account does. But then they come out and tell me merchant accounts won't be allowed anymore.

But yeah, if the account survives the Adyen application process I'll probably shift my focus back to it since it's my highest feedback account.
May the stealth gods be with you!
Old 02-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So you guys think that PP will start acting more like a bank and eventually become an online bank?
I highly doubt that.
They can get away with murder at the moment because theyre NOT a bank. If they AE a bank they'll have to follow ALL the regulations that other banks are forced to follow. No more random limitations on accounts - don't think that's what paypal wants.
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
TerryPrince (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019

Longevity: 33%

The only thing they are going to do is try to make it more strict for users who are using stealth but they have always been doing that aren't they?

People always comes around with the solution and they will now too.

So chill relax and wait for more opportunities to popup :-)
Old 02-17-2019

Longevity: 32%

It talks about that you are still able to receive money, but click on a accept button to claim it. Can you just not click on it and accept it later on to withdraw to a bank account? How long can you keep money in "claim it" form?
Old 02-17-2019

Longevity: 53%

So pretty much, accounts that we are selling on now and don't have a bank account linked to. We have the decision to try and drain the funds & ditch before 3/29 or add a bank acct then? Wtf! To say this sucks would be a huge understatement!
Old 02-17-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryPrince View Post
The only thing they are going to do is try to make it more strict for users who are using stealth but they have always been doing that aren't they?

People always comes around with the solution and they will now too.

So chill relax and wait for more opportunities to popup :-)
You chill relax. It's easy to say when this doesn't affect you. There is no "solution" for people to come up with for this.
Old 02-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye3211 View Post
It talks about that you are still able to receive money, but click on a accept button to claim it. Can you just not click on it and accept it later on to withdraw to a bank account? How long can you keep money in "claim it" form?
What would be the point of keeping it there in a balance that cannot be used though?
if anything id rather withdraw it immediately and in that sense its actually better than it was previously cause from now on you don't have to be concerned with waiting 180 days should the account get limited - there wont be any funds in there.
Old 02-17-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by topnotchsports View Post
You chill relax. It's easy to say when this doesn't affect you. There is no "solution" for people to come up with for this.
You live in the US.
This has minimal impact on you so why are you complaining?
Add your US based bank account and continue working as usual. Just withdraw the funds instead of keeping them in a balance.
I fail to see what issue youre having with this. Unless youre NOT in the US and the flag youre flying is the wrong one...?
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
You live in the US.
Add your US based bank account and continue working as usual. Just withdraw the funds instead of keeping them in a balance.
I fail to see what issue youre having with this. Unless youre NOT in the US and the flag youre flying is the wrong one...?
Hmmpf, i have 1 stupid account that won't let me add a bank because the phone # from google got disconnected... I guess i should add a number to that account now, and hope in a month or so they let me add a bank, or maybe give them a call instead? I have like 10k in there, i guess i can also start just withdrawing it all..

So summary is, unless you add a bank, you can't send money?
Old 02-18-2019

Quote:
You live in the US.
I guess we have different definitions of minimal impact. I have lots of accounts that I sell on that I don't have/want to link bank acct too. I use those accts to pay my rent (my landlord lets me use paypal), buy gift cards and supplies I need on ebay, uber, grubhub, fanduel, bitcoin, buying accts on here, etc. etc. All of that will no longer be an option. That's the issue I'm having. I fail to see how you think this has minimal impact on sellers in the US?
The Following User Says Thank You to topnotchsports For This Useful Post:
thepianoman (02-26-2019)
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscutter View Post
Hmmpf, i have 1 stupid account that won't let me add a bank because the phone # from google got disconnected... I guess i should add a number to that account now, and hope in a month or so they let me add a bank, or maybe give them a call instead? I have like 10k in there, i guess i can also start just withdrawing it all..

So summary is, unless you add a bank, you can't send money?
Pretty much.
Also, if you add a new phone number it can sometimes take 4-6 months for you to be able to use it to bypass verification calls of that sort.
Id add a new phone number then wait a few weeks and try. Maybe youll get lucky. If you do not either wait as long as it takes or if youre unable to do so - call them to get it added manually.

Last edited by slokor; 02-18-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I guess we have different definitions of minimal impact. I have lots of accounts that I sell on that I don't have/want to link bank acct too. I use those accts to pay my rent (my landlord lets me use paypal), buy gift cards and supplies I need on ebay, uber, grubhub, fanduel, bitcoin, buying accts on here, etc. etc. All of that will no longer be an option. That's the issue I'm having. I fail to see how you think this has minimal impact on sellers in the US?
I guess we do have different definitions.
I have 35 accounts I operate on. Each has its own bank account. Took 6 months and 6 different accounts to get it done. Was overall rather simple.
The account you use for rent can still be used. Add a bank account and set it as the primary source of funding. Withdraw the funds from the paypal to the bank account then the payments are sent using that same bank account. Same for all the other accounts.
The other option is give up on all the accounts and forget about paypal. Is that really something you are willing to consider? you who has the option to keep on using these accounts even if it is inconvenient to set up? Add a bank account to each and every paypal you have and continue working.
In my book that is MINIMAL impact compared to someone outside the US who does NOT have the option to open multiple US bank accounts (or even a single one for that matter). Those individuals are completely done using a stealth US paypal account. Now THAT is a major impact. Don't you think?
Old 02-18-2019

Longevity: 34%

Pretty sure you must enter SSN now to even withdraw to bank. Stealth will be dead, unless you want to risk big trouble and commit fraud. Really sucks to see things moving this direction.
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
Pretty sure you must enter SSN now to even withdraw to bank. Stealth will be dead, unless you want to risk big trouble and commit fraud. Really sucks to see things moving this direction.
Simply not true.
You do not need to add SSN to withdraw your funds.
Old 02-18-2019

Longevity: 34%

Quote:
Simply not true.
You do not need to add SSN to withdraw your funds.
What about paying eBay and shipping costs? How does that work? That's all I ever use my balance for. Then withdraw to bank.
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Pretty much.
Also, if you add a new phone number it can sometimes take 4-6 months for you to be able to use it to bypass verification calls of that sort.
Id add a new phone number then wait a few weeks and try. Maybe youll get lucky. If you do not either wait as long as it takes or if youre unable to do so - call them to get it added manually.
I haven't seen this on any of my accounts yet, of course they are all business accounts with ein's..So maybe that's why? I do get the collect it button on a few of those, i also do have a few asking for docs to send money, but i've ignored it, because i don't need to send money, i just withdraw it anyway. I can see this being an issue for people outside the USA, but if you have an EIN and a bank, just upgrade to business and avoid the SSN part..

After reviewing the account i was talking about, i realized i have an old savings account on there that is still saved, so it's still technically verified. Since ebay fee's are not pulled from that account.. as it's a "secondary" paypal. I don't have any automatic payments being pulled that would default to there. So for now, as long as that old non working savings is there i'll just keep friends and family withdrawing the funds until the phone gets active.

Last week i did receive a weird call from someone who told me paypal tried to take funds out of an old account they closed to pay fees. When i came back from vacation i logged into the account and did notice that the old accounts were removed...However, paypal said they were able to still pay the fees by using funds in the balance. So i just disregarded it, this all lines up with this. I only send funds around on my brand new accounts i am not sold will last, although i will add banks to them before the 29th now.
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leader2dark View Post
What about paying eBay and shipping costs? How does that work? That's all I ever use my balance for. Then withdraw to bank.
Withdraw the funds to your bank account. That's the only thing you can do now with an existing balance.
Set your bank account to be your main source of funding. All payments will come directly out of your bank account. Be sure to have a credit card attached as well (make sure it is linked - not just added) so it can be the backup source of funding so bank payments will be instant as well (as opposed to echecks).
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

I also use shipstation, between all my woocommerce websites and ebays and amazons, it's just so much easier to pay with that. Plus i get 2% cashback.

Both capital one and also citi bank and many other credit card companies off Free vcc's, start using them. I have i'd say a half dozen ebay accounts where the main paypal is limited, and i pay the ebay fees with my own VCC... Remember The only thing for a cc that needs to match is the 4 digits of street code and the zipcode.

You don't even need to use your real address name
Old 02-18-2019

Quote:
I guess we do have different definitions.
I have 35 accounts I operate on. Each has its own bank account. Took 6 months and 6 different accounts to get it done. Was overall rather simple.
The account you use for rent can still be used. Add a bank account and set it as the primary source of funding. Withdraw the funds from the paypal to the bank account then the payments are sent using that same bank account. Same for all the other accounts.
The other option is give up on all the accounts and forget about paypal. Is that really something you are willing to consider? you who has the option to keep on using these accounts even if it is inconvenient to set up? Add a bank account to each and every paypal you have and continue working.
In my book that is MINIMAL impact compared to someone outside the US who does NOT have the option to open multiple US bank accounts (or even a single one for that matter). Those individuals are completely done using a stealth US paypal account. Now THAT is a major impact. Don't you think?
Come on now. I'd say your missing my point but you've been doing this long enough to know what your advising completely defeats the purpose of using it for those things. Is it the end of the world? No, I will adapt to the "new normal" and move forward. But it has a huge effect of the way I'll operate & it completely caught me off guard when I found out just yesterday. So yeah I'd say it's a major impact. It may it effect others more, but I can only worry about how it effects my business. I don't take any solace in the fact that it sucks worse for someone else.

& I'm not opening 35 bank accounts. That's terrible advice. On top of all the fees, its extremely suspicious. What logical reason does 1 person need 35 bank accounts?
The Following User Says Thank You to topnotchsports For This Useful Post:
thepianoman (02-26-2019)
Old 02-18-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Come on now. I'd say your missing my point but you've been doing this long enough to know what your advising completely defeats the purpose of using it for those things. Is it the end of the world? No, I will adapt to the "new normal" and move forward. But it has a huge effect of the way I'll operate & it completely caught me off guard when I found out just yesterday. So yeah I'd say it's a major impact. It may it effect others more, but I can only worry about how it effects my business. I don't take any solace in the fact that it sucks worse for someone else.

& I'm not opening 35 bank accounts. That's terrible advice. On top of all the fees, its extremely suspicious. What logical reason does 1 person need 35 bank accounts?
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I don't paid a penny in fees on my accounts. Find the right banks and right accounts to work with for that. And As I said I opened those accounts over a long period of time.
Perhaps the problem is youre not thinking long term. I myself have ben going this way for the last 7 years. Never had an issue and don't foresee any coming my way now either.