PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation - Page 9 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-18-2019

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 67%
Default Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
It's in the email and memo under the transaction.
What email? The limitation email?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2019

Longevity: 25%

Quote:
Nothing else right now. We're waiting to hear back from Ashley and the others who are filing demands letters. Once we hear back from them which may not be until 2020, we will know better how to proceed here.
I read in they US they will ignore unless it’s a subpoena.

Make sure all of you take immediate legal action. We can not let these criminals get away with it.
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by himaster View Post
What email? The limitation email?
Here is the email from PayPal I received

Quote:
We've permanently limited your account
After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. As a result, we've permanently limited your account.

Please remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart.

Per the User Agreement, when PayPal permanently limits an account due to an Acceptable Use Policy violation, any funds on your account are held for 180 days. After 180 days, if applicable, we'll contact you with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account.

Should any chargebacks result in your account balance falling below zero, then you'll also need to settle the amount owed to PayPal to avoid further action.

You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.
As you can see, they clearly mentioned I broke their Acceptable Use Policy. Since I see hundreds of different items and services, it's not clear what I broke as nothing specific in their policies are the items I sold through PayPal. I couldn't get an answer from them what specifically I did wrong without a subpoena.

The 2nd message I received I broke their AUP policy is in the paypal transaction receipt of them transferring all 100% funds out of our paypal accounts.
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKT View Post
I read in they US they will ignore unless it’s a subpoena.

Make sure all of you take immediate legal action. We can not let these criminals get away with it.
Currently filing a demand letter is step #1 everyone should take. If they're unable to assist us after step #1, pre-arbitration is imminent.

For me, I am on a waiting game here waiting to hear back from the others on their demand letters since there is so much money on the line.
Old 12-18-2019

I had been patiently waiting for 180days to get my money back across three accounts.

Which I found out were permanently banned due to me violating AUP for selling pharmaceutical products. Even though all I sell is skincare products on my website. So no violation as far as I can see.

Had a BBB complaint and spoke to head office, all advised would get money back after 180days.

turns out today, a total of 15k across three accounts have all been transferred to Paypals bank. So stolen.

This is despite there being no chargebacks or any damages at all.
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
Currently filing a demand letter is step #1 everyone should take. If they're unable to assist us after step #1, pre-arbitration is imminent.

For me, I am on a waiting game here waiting to hear back from the others on their demand letters since there is so much money on the line.
I wouldn't wait, I might do a demand but not sure as it's just 2k. I would rather donate it to a charity than let these criminals steal it as the account along activity was 101% legitimate - I will see.
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
I wouldn't wait, I might do a demand but not sure as it's just 2k. I would rather donate it to a charity than let these criminals steal it as the account along activity was 101% legitimate - I will see.
PayPal closed my account that was used just to send payments. No disputes, no sales, just a buyer. No AUP violation was done on this account, just that my name was associated with these other accounts (family related). No explanations why, no options to appeal. Then they took the funds out of my account without any notice or explanation.

Yes PayPal is shady and corrupt.
Old 12-18-2019

Quote:
account along activity was 101% legitimate - I will see.
This is the problem here. Our accounts were legit. They limited them. I now fully understand why people use stealth paypal accounts now.
Old 12-18-2019

Longevity: 67%

Quote:
Here is the email from PayPal I received

As you can see, they clearly mentioned I broke their Acceptable Use Policy. Since I see hundreds of different items and services, it's not clear what I broke as nothing specific in their policies are the items I sold through PayPal. I couldn't get an answer from them what specifically I did wrong without a subpoena.

The 2nd message I received I broke their AUP policy is in the paypal transaction receipt of them transferring all 100% funds out of our paypal accounts.
Got ya. So maybe that's the sign.

What I believe is there MUST be something. Information related, suspicious transaction, etc.

Never "no reason"

But whatever it is, sadly, the chance of getting money back is close to 0
If you are able to take them to the court, they'll show you somehow.
The problem just is how to take them to the court.
Old 12-19-2019

Quote:
PayPal closed my account that was used just to send payments. No disputes, no sales, just a buyer. No AUP violation was done on this account, just that my name was associated with these other accounts (family related). No explanations why, no options to appeal. Then they took the funds out of my account without any notice or explanation.

I have never been in the US and I don't even know how the law works over there, but here in Europe consumer rights are super important and just a few demands would literally get PayPal shut down or at least a super huge fine, they don't even care about their TOS and that's why I have still not seen anybody from Europe get his funds stolen. My PayPal was registered under a third world country and that's why I can't do much besides sending a demand letter to their office at Singapore.

Quote:
This is the problem here. Our accounts were legit. They limited them. I now fully understand why people use stealth paypal accounts now.
Well, I don't understand why they use stealth because this is reason why I have never used any, so when this happens I can pursue legal action.
Old 12-19-2019

Quote:
I have never been in the US and I don't even know how the law works over there, but here in Europe consumer rights are super important and just a few demands would literally get PayPal shut down or at least a super huge fine, they don't even care about their TOS and that's why I have still not seen anybody from Europe get his funds stolen. My PayPal was registered under a third world country and that's why I can't do much besides sending a demand letter to their office at Singapore.

Well, I don't understand why they use stealth because this is reason why I have never used any, so when this happens I can pursue legal action.
How much did you lose?
Old 12-19-2019

Thanked 1,109 Times in 1,045 Posts
Activity: 91%
Longevity: 33%

Quote:

So it has nothing to do with AUP,your account is linked with family related accounts which are suspended and possibly with a negative balance??
Old 12-19-2019

Quote:
  • I received a couple emails letting me know I could withdraw the funds from some of our accounts. After looking at this now, oddly enough I didn't receive any updates on some of the accounts I could withdraw them.
  • I received emails on all accounts that I can withdraw them within 180 days when the accounts were limited
  • I received some status update emails in between letting me know my funds would be available in the near future.

330+ days was when I attempted to login and withdrawal the funds. I made the mistake of not withdrawing the funds right away immediately after the 180 day mark after they should have become available. As I explained in the earlier pages of this thread, I have been too occupied with work that my plan was to cashout those funds at the end of the year. I needed to call PayPal, add a new bank account, etc and I didn't have any available time until now.

I had a couple accounts permanently limited because they were linked. Even though they were different business doing different services, because they were business accounts and linked to the same family group (my wife etc), paypal limited them all. Obviously we didn't anticipate PayPal would limit all these accounts much less 1. One day we just received an email saying 1 account is limited and then a couple hours later all our business accounts were limited.

One paypal account for example that was limited was being used just to make payments, no actual sales and they limited that account and took all the funds out of that account even though there was no actual sales in that account to actually breach the AUP policy. The funds were uploading via bank account which we then used to pay our contractors. I assume because they were "linked", PayPal just decided to absorb all the funds out of all accounts.

Here is one email I received on one of the accounts that I was eligible to receive funds:

Now when I login to PayPal, you see a new transaction entry, PayPal transferring the funds to their own PayPal Accounts and a $0 balance.

There is no other information other than that Memo and nothing in the resolution center.

How you cases processing??? Do you got any respone from Paypal???
Old 12-19-2019

Angry Re: PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz14 View Post
PayPal just did the same thing to me. Waited 180 days and on the 178th day they transfer all the funds (70k) to themselves for "Damages". The account was 100% the violation was too many disputes within a period of time. (the product I was selling was for preorder and some customers decided to file disputes instead of waiting). Nonetheless, all customers either received their product or where refunded.

Now I'm left here without my money, plus all the shipping and manufacturing costs. Sat on the phone with them and was told there's nothing I can do but send a letter to their San Jose corporate office. This happened to my brothers account about 2 years ago (shut down for excess of chargebacks) and the money was sent back after the 180 days.
Me too. Paypal just stealing me money by transferring all my funds (about $2k) to their account. I don't know what to do. I was crying about what Paypal did to me. I just called them yesterday. They told me that I NEED TO CONTRACT THEIR LEGAL DEPARTMENT.
Old 12-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
So it has nothing to do with AUP,your account is linked with family related accounts which are suspended and possibly with a negative balance??
100% sure no negative balances on any accounts ever related to me since doing business with PayPal since 2002. This is 100% an AUP violation limitation and funds removal issue.

The only account I had limited under my name was a business account which I had only been using to pay contractors was limited shortly after the account in my fathers name was limited. I had no sales through that account, no disputes filed on my behalf as I never needed to dispute contractor payouts, funds were in the paypal so I had funds ready and available to pay contractors (we did mass payment).

Now it's PayPals website, they can do what they want and there are plenty of payment options out there to pay sellers which I am actively using and never had issues with but fining me damages personally for an AUP violation which I clearly didn't violate displays how corrupt paypal truly is behind the scenes and why I will eventually pursue this after retaining legal counsel.
Old 12-20-2019

Longevity: 53%

If a Dumb A leavings thousands of dollars in a paypal acct they have no room to complain. I sweep my 3 accts weekly.
Old 12-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
If a Dumb A leavings thousands of dollars in a paypal acct they have no room to complain. I sweep my 3 accts weekly.
Yea, that's if you are making cents then you have enough time to withdraw all your money. But not the case for those receiving thousands every single day like some of us
Old 12-20-2019

Longevity: 36%

I just got an email from paypal "eligible to withdraw". Logged in and...BOOM!! All the funds are still here. I immediately withdrew. Will update if paypal is a douche and pulled it back.
Old 12-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
I answered all of this above already.
Old 12-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh1213 View Post
Me too. Paypal just stealing me money by transferring all my funds (about $2k) to their account. I don't know what to do. I was crying about what Paypal did to me. I just called them yesterday. They told me that I NEED TO CONTRACT THEIR LEGAL DEPARTMENT.
Yes you have to write a demand letter.
Old 12-20-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajunrook View Post
Dumb?

PayPal is supposed to be considered trusted. Nobody expects that they themselves are going to take everything from your account and transfer it to their accounts. Furthermore, you could argue it's dumb to leave thousands of dollars into any account with any company being a bank or financial institution who can freeze your funds at any given moment.
Old 12-20-2019

Longevity: 31%

These people are having a hard enough time without having shame on you comments. All didn't lose 10's of thousands. Leaving a few thousand dollars in paypal is normal for me as that's what my ebay fees are.