PayPal is a Dead End, will result in EBAY suspension - Some alternatives - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%

I've read (and believe it) that ebay tracks you at first with every move on the site. They log where you have been looking, what searches you have performed.

So my advice is to look at Levi jeans, or Nike shoes, and even buy a pair of each. Really show interest in buying a bit. Then sell items that are very low risk (to ebay), and not even Vero-able in any way shape or form.

The computer profile being done on you will show average use, common traffic, normal searches, etc. After 30 days you will be noted as average/low risk. After selling normal common items with some positive feedback you will be fine after 60 days, and another 90s days with no negs, no listings of risky items, you should be home free.

I got nailed by revising some items too many times, and by listing items with short duration items. I listed short duration so they would sell before Vero members saw them. It worked really well. But my revisions raised red flags.

Funny that after I got suspended, and then got back on with id, and info. I had some Vero items taken down a few times after that buy never suspended.

The trick is to have your Vero warnings come spaced a few months (at least) apart rather then three take-downs in a 3 week period.
The Following User Says Thank You to 20thmaude For This Useful Post:
nemo (06-30-2011)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-06-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
i have 3 merchant accounts with bad credit and no business or tax id. Contrary to the belief, they are very easy very easy to get..

I can help you get set up for a small fee
what merchant accounts do u have or do u recommend for bad credit and no tax id?
Old 12-12-2010
Red X

Longevity: 0%

@doombot1, that chris Hanson guy is banned, and no longer a member
Old 12-15-2010

Longevity: 84%

Quote:
Look once again. PAYPAL DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE...

And I havent accepted paypal in a whole year and I still get tons of buyers..

I swear Ebay has even brainwashed some sellers with their Paypal nonsense lol

I agree that alternatives work well because people FEEL SAFE on eBay. They might be annoyed for a 'second' after pressing 'buy now' if paypal isnt a payment option. but they already purchased and generally finish the checkout/payment process and forget about it. after all, their on eBay and know their safe.

AND most people dont notice whether paypal is accepted or not before pressing the buy now button and agreeing to pay for the product.
Old 12-23-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

There isn't much cart abandoment when it comes to eBay, except for people who buy your stuff knowing you don't have to pay instantly...those can be a hassle!
Old 02-22-2011

Longevity: 76%
Default paypal verses ebay

i was suspeneded from paypal ( limited access same thing i guess) but never heard a word from ebay....whats up with that?
Old 03-22-2011

Longevity: 75%

I tried moneybookers and it was nice...for a while.
The worst part is that so few buyers would complete checkout. I got like 10 messages a day saying that they thought I took paypal and to cancel the order. But still I was making sales so it wasn't too bad. Eventually pulled the same **** as paypal.

I'll look into propay.
Old 04-05-2011

Longevity: 79%

The funny thing is I have logged into multiple paypal accounts from the same IP. I've used the same user account from 1 verified to the T (s.s # and all) that has a negative balance of $59 with a limitation on it currently. I know for a fact it is linked to another verified to a T account because I set them both up 2 years ago, way before I read Stealth. I set up Mine in my real name and my boyfriends in his real name for two seperate eBay accounts. When MY eBay went down so did his.

But My paypal account that is in My real name is not only still active after 2 years, but I send several payments from my stealth accounts to my REAL Paypal account and withdraw from the debit card that I got a few months after opening it.:-) It is my only Diamond Paypal account and I have not had any limitations due to connection of IP or other Users.:-) I have not added another ebay to it because I do not want to threaten losing it. So I dont use it to sell, I just receive payments from my stealth accounts for now. But I try to avoid suspicion and the fees so I do not do it very often. Maybe 8-15 times a month. It is so benificial to have.

I am still trying to figure out the need for such strictness in detail when it comes to paypal? I dont have any problems.:-)

"
Old 04-05-2011
Red X

Longevity: 0%

You can't use propay unless you're a powerseller, so moneybookers and paymate would be your only 2 options. The good thing about MoneyBookers is that you can sell with them with no feedback, but it takes 40 days to receive your money per transaction. Paymate requires a credit check, and 10 selling feedback.

If I could use ProPay man I would ditch paypal so fast, because they give you debit cards, and you can have your money instantly. There is always a catch when using ebay alternatives, they try to make the others look like terrible options, because each has its own setbacks, but propay I bet could knock paypal out of the water, thats why they make it so hard to accept Propay as an alternative paying method.

Last edited by Red X; 04-05-2011 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

I know what you mean! Knock on wood. Before stealth I have a pp and bay account linked that none of the information matches... address, name not even phone number... I have expected this account to get assimilated a long time ago. Active for 2 yrs. I have manged to withdraw over 100k last year (my secret method, don't ask). The kicker is no SS# attached either. I have already surpassed the 20k limit for the year and I am very curious how it will play out.
Old 04-05-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
I know what you mean! Knock on wood. Before stealth I have a pp and bay account linked that none of the information matches... address, name not even phone number... I have expected this account to get assimilated a long time ago. Active for 2 yrs. I have manged to withdraw over 100k last year (my secret method, don't ask). The kicker is no SS# attached either. I have already surpassed the 20k limit for the year and I am very curious how it will play out.
what??????
Old 04-06-2011

I'm recommend to use Moneybookers that they can link to your ebay account. When the seller win the auction they will have the choice to pay by credit card or bank account and moneybookers account if they want to. But only thing that moneybookers will hold your money at least 40 days and after they will transfer your money to back up bank account.
Old 04-12-2011

Hi
Which is the best merchant account for a uk ebayer?

Last edited by SUZY; 04-12-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 04-23-2011

I have two questions:-

1- I see that some of you say that the merchant account fees are $20 monthly, while after some research, i found it $399!
Please confirm me if its really $20 monthly because i will use it if this is the case.

2- Are you sure about the 40 days Hold of MoneyBookers when linking it to Ebay?
Is that applicable on old ebay accounts with lots of feedbacks or its only applied on new accounts(like paypal) till you get 25 feedbacks?
Old 06-11-2011

Longevity: 74%

Hi, i am just wondering, if my paypal is healthy (havent blocked) but in HK ip address and linked into my exisitng ebay account (havent blocked) neither, but i do want to buy the US ebay account without any limitation listing, however, what if once i link the new US ebay account with my existing paypal account, will ebay suspend me or do something about it?
Old 06-15-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Doesn't look like people have been answering here lately. I have a question on paypal. My daughter in law owns the account. Had it for years now. She's been letting me sell on ebay using her paypal. Works fine but she's moving and wants to close her bank acct and go with another bank. I added my bank account to hers (same bank by the way) and waiting for the deposit thing in 2-3 days. According to all the posts here, paypal does not check whose name is on the bank account, right? They just make the deposit and we have to go back into paypal and put in the amounts, that's it, correct? Please say yes to all of the above!
Old 06-16-2011

Yes
Old 06-23-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluestarmom View Post
Doesn't look like people have been answering here lately. I have a question on paypal. My daughter in law owns the account. Had it for years now. She's been letting me sell on ebay using her paypal. Works fine but she's moving and wants to close her bank acct and go with another bank. I added my bank account to hers (same bank by the way) and waiting for the deposit thing in 2-3 days. According to all the posts here, paypal does not check whose name is on the bank account, right? They just make the deposit and we have to go back into paypal and put in the amounts, that's it, correct? Please say yes to all of the above!

Yes to all, but here is a Something to keep in Mind,,If your Daughter in Law logs onto that account from her new location as well as you logging into the account from your location that might get the account flagged.

Best if the Paypal account is accessed by the Same Computer from the Same Location and the same computer that accesses the attached Ebay account.
Old 06-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Yes to all, but here is a Something to keep in Mind,,If your Daughter in Law logs onto that account from her new location as well as you logging into the account from your location that might get the account flagged.

Best if the Paypal account is accessed by the Same Computer from the Same Location and the same computer that accesses the attached Ebay account.
Spot on - advise like that cannot be bettered
Old 08-08-2011

Longevity: 73%
Exclamation does ProPay share name, etc info with bay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red X View Post
You can't use propay unless you're a powerseller, so moneybookers and paymate would be your only 2 options. The good thing about MoneyBookers is that you can sell with them with no feedback, but it takes 40 days to receive your money per transaction. Paymate requires a credit check, and 10 selling feedback.

If I could use ProPay man I would ditch paypal so fast, because they give you debit cards, and you can have your money instantly. There is always a catch when using ebay alternatives, they try to make the others look like terrible options, because each has its own setbacks, but propay I bet could knock paypal out of the water, thats why they make it so hard to accept Propay as an alternative paying method.

does ProPay share name, etc info with bay?
Old 08-17-2011

Default Quite confused...

Quote:
Pick one.

Merchant account/googlecheckout/propay

i have 2 merchant accounts and googlecheckout
According to Ebay you have to use 1 of three of THERE gateways to use your mechant account....two of which are owned by Payal AND Ebay. So tell us how again we use this propay or other to then link it to our checkout? News to me..
Old 08-17-2011

Default Also....

The fees for running both a gateway AND a merchant account are crazy ..Have start up fees ...one has a monthly fee (gateway) and both have start up fees.... Alot of money and work to try and get away from Paypal....plus they monitor the 3 gateways just like paypal.....Shrug.
Closed Thread