PayPal Credit Check - PayPal DOES run a credit check at some point on all accounts - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 06-19-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 100%

OKay, of course Paypal doesn't just check your credit score and that's it. They verify your name, address and other details as well to make sure you're legit.

Usually when Paypal does the pull, it's either your increased the amount of sales you do or you are considered a high risk seller.

This isn't always the case, I know there are different opinions for other people, but this is what I've seen over and over again from me and other sellers.

Bah..

Old 06-26-2008

Longevity: 94%

what about this situation....i have a "real person" paypal account. It is in my gmas name and social.

It is in her previous address. She moved in with us a year ago and her credit report has our address listed as her current address and the address on the paypal account is her previous address.

It hasn't came to this yet, but if paypal ever wants to run a credit check on her report --- if i keep the address on her paypal account as the credit address, will it still verify since that address is listed on the credit report as a previous address???

I dont want to give them the current address as it is a banned address on paypal ever since we lost our paypal account..

What do you think??? Or should i run all three "free" credit reports for her and put in her old address as the current address so it changes it back ...lol
Old 06-26-2008

Longevity: 92%

Personaly, I think that first email the person who started this is ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I Used to forward them to paypal. now I just ignore. AND I darn well do not click on any links, or give them any info. Nothng happened so far. just my experience.
Old 07-22-2008

Longevity: 93%
Default Paypal wants SSN or EIN #

Here's a question for you. Paypal is randomly doing a credit check on my account. I am not limited as I can still receive payments, withdraw etcc... all i cant do is close my account or request or send funds. They want eith a SSN or a EIN number since I have a business account. Any ideas on what to do here with the EIN? I can't obviously use a SSN since the name is ficticious. Help me out so I can get this over with hopefully. It has been going pretty well since April so want to see if I can stick it to em some more. Thanks
Old 07-22-2008
Banned

Longevity: 91%

i had paypal buisness account and they only told me to tell them some info only when i registered the account
Old 07-22-2008

I gave all the info early like you may be talking about but they are just running a credit or ein check. Wondered if anyone ran nito this situation before and what they were able to do about it if anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-22-2008
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 98%

How much money have you withdrawn from this acct to your bank?
Old 07-22-2008

I have had this account for over 2 months without a problems. I have withdrawn at least over 10 times in that time. Here is the message i get from paypal. Also remember, I am STILL able to withdraw from paypal as well somehow so I think it is a routine check and nothing serious, I just need to get it take care of somehow if possible. Here is the paypal message: PayPal occasionally performs credit checks on selected account holders. Your account has been selected to go through this process. We must complete a credit review in order for the warning on your account to be lifted. In most cases, the account holder's personal credit is analyzed using a Social Security number and an address likely to generate a match with a credit bureau. Please log into your PayPal account to provide this information. If an examination of your business credit would be more appropriate, please contact our customer service department to supply your Tax ID number.
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 92%

Just out of curiosity how long were you able to float along without providing the information before they totally suspended the account?