Paypal: You cannot add a VBA at this time.(Canada) - Page 6 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%

Hi Guys,

I have created another account and I'm still being unable to add a bank account for withdrawals. Tried with Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citibank and another small bank. Let's see if they fix this by next week, hope so.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 94%

Yeah, its not a specific bank, there is some internal security feature it is checking. SO far paypal has said

"it will be fixed shortly"
"there is no problem; the problem must be with your bank"
"a supervisor has to add the bank account"
"the bank database has crashed"

and similar variants of the same story.

Old 06-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

What!!!!!!!!!!

paypal telling stories???

Beyond a joke

Old 06-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merevial View Post
For some reason it stopped working for Canada Paypals you gotta make a US paypal and add it to that. it should work fine.
US banks still work well with US paypal ...it isn't the issue Merevial the issue here is the problem of adding US bank to other country pp's....has long been acceptable by pp
Old 06-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
What!!!!!!!!!!

paypal telling stories???

Beyond a joke

just once could I get this conversation

me: "hey paypal, I cant add my usa bank account to my foreign paypal, can you help?"

paypal: "sorry but we have no clue whats going on or when it will be fixed or if its even a problem, your guess is as good as ours"

me:
Old 06-15-2013

Longevity: 62%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
US banks still work well with US paypal ...it isn't the issue Merevial the issue here is the problem of adding US bank to other country pp's....has long been acceptable by pp
Just tried adding one of the Checking Accounts to "Genuine" U.S. PayPal without success.
Old 06-16-2013

Longevity: 63%

They closed the internal security flag after some questions and inspecting account.
So I was able to add online as usual. I added myself, not PP staff.
Took some time. phone calls, weird questions etc.

But that PP account was real.
I am not sure how to pass my other PP accounts, including caller id when calling paypal is important I guess.

Something is coming, I cant get what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Progress!

Did you add the account yourself or have it done by paypal staff?

Thank you for telling us this little piece of good news.

Old 06-17-2013

Longevity: 85%

So, I phoned them up.

Adding bank to European paypal, not Canada:

Guy on the Irish helpdesk instantly recognised the problem, told me it was a new security feature and he just had to make a couple of changes to my account. Put me on hold, came back and told me I'd be able to add the bank account now (but have to do it within the next 2 hours) He then told me it was a new security feature for all accounts adding a bank account for the first time. You just have to phone them up so they can check a couple of things and then release the block.

Personally, I think this it to do with Paypal accounts getting hacked. Hackers will add a VBA to get money out of the accounts easily.

They probably just need to do a few location checks (IP address) and as another member mentioned regarding Canada - Call you on your listed telephone number. This didn't happen for me as I was adding to a European paypal not Canada...and they don't do the phone verification in Europe...yet
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmapple View Post

You just have to phone them up so they can check a couple of things and then release the block.

Personally, I think this it to do with Paypal accounts getting hacked. Hackers will add a VBA to get money out of the accounts easily.

They probably just need to do a few location checks (IP address) and as another member mentioned regarding Canada - Call you on your listed telephone number. This didn't happen for me as I was adding to a European paypal not Canada...and they don't do the phone verification in Europe...yet
This not happening with users calling up regarding Canadian paypal. That block is remaining.

That is why we are concerned.
Old 06-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmapple View Post
Put me on hold, came back and told me I'd be able to add the bank account now (but have to do it within the next 2 hours) He then told me it was a new security feature for all accounts adding a bank account for the first time. You just have to phone them up so they can check a couple of things and then release the block.
And you had success afterwards? Or havent tried yet
Old 06-17-2013

Longevity: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by css1 View Post
I got that too. It was an automated cal. It let me add the VBA after, but the deposits never worked and they wanted me to call them.
I may be in a similar situation with a real bank account. It appears the deposits have not worked. But I was allowed to add the account after phone call verification. Any how that If I call them the deposits may work the second time around?

Now may I address the elephant in the room, concerning the somewhat new note when withdrawing funds stating that should the names not be perfectly identical the transfer will fail......... Could something have changed regarding this?
Old 06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
And you had success afterwards? Or havent tried yet
\

Yep, all was ok afterwards - managed to add the bank and have requested to withdraw. Tried an Asian account afterwards - (called a diff helpdesk for this too) They said they would reset my account and I should be able to add my bank account once again...but this time it didn't work the first time. Still got the same error message...

So I phoned back. Told them what had transpired on the last call and the new guy asked me what bank I was trying to add. Told him it was a green dot bank, he said 'hold on'

Came back - asked if it was a/c 2445 **** - I said yes, he told me he added it for me and asked me to try to withdraw from it whilst we were on the phone - It worked.

Not sure why Canada isn't working if others countries are. Can anyone confirm - Does the helpdesk simply tell you it's not possible to add that bank / there's nothing they can do - or do they tell you they will fix the issue but then the same error message comes up (like what happened to me with the Asian PP)?
Old 06-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook View Post
I may be in a similar situation with a real bank account. It appears the deposits have not worked. But I was allowed to add the account after phone call verification. Any how that If I call them the deposits may work the second time around?

Now may I address the elephant in the room, concerning the somewhat new note when withdrawing funds stating that should the names not be perfectly identical the transfer will fail......... Could something have changed regarding this?
Good question. Will report back in a few days and let you know
Old 06-18-2013

Official update. I was able to add, and confirm a US bank account to my long standing CA PP (stelth) account. However, this account has been around for a year in July and has built a very good reputation.

On a newly created CA PP I received the Email from PP stating, "Bank Account Invalid" Your bank reported a problem. I have yet to contact the bank or PP regarding this however I am certain I correctly entered the routing and account numbers.

Both of these are US banks.
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Looks like I'm hopping on the train too!
Old 06-18-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Official update. I was able to add, and confirm a US bank account to my long standing CA PP (stelth) account. However, this account has been around for a year in July and has built a very good reputation.

On a newly created CA PP I received the Email from PP stating, "Bank Account Invalid" Your bank reported a problem. I have yet to contact the bank or PP regarding this however I am certain I correctly entered the routing and account numbers.

Both of these are US banks.
Im on the same boat, Im only experiencing the issue with ca that I have created in the last 6 months. Im thinking the length of time the account has been open has an effect on being able to add.
Old 06-18-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

Are these accounts you added a VBA to before, or they just remained unverified all this time?
The Following User Says Thank You to css1 For This Useful Post:
deanna123 (06-20-2013)
Old 06-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandcalm View Post
Im on the same boat, Im only experiencing the issue with ca that I have created in the last 6 months. Im thinking the length of time the account has been open has an effect on being able to add.
Nope. Added account today to a new CA PP. (account created mid march) micro deposits went through in like 18hrs. Account confirmed and verified.
Old 06-19-2013

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Nope. Added account today to a new CA PP. (account created mid march) micro deposits went through in like 18hrs. Account confirmed and verified.
When you add a bank, will pp ask you to do phone verification?
I have test on my new account, I can add a bank account if I make the phone verification, if I go to edit my phone number, after entering all information to add a bank, pp will not ask to do phone verification, and state: you cannot add a bank at this time
Old 06-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by superycs View Post
When you add a bank, will pp ask you to do phone verification?
I have test on my new account, I can add a bank account if I make the phone verification, if I go to edit my phone number, after entering all information to add a bank, pp will not ask to do phone verification, and state: you cannot add a bank at this time
Yes, a prompt will come up and they will call you and have you enter a code. After that the bank account is added, but not confirmed.
Old 06-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Yes, a prompt will come up and they will call you and have you enter a code. After that the bank account is added, but not confirmed.
Just clarification: verified - cc is confirmed, bank is for verification
Old 06-24-2013

Just an update on this issue. At least for me on all PP accounts I have been able to add a US bank and transfer funds. So all is well at least for the time being.
Closed Thread