New Forum - Phone Number Alternatives - Page 3 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Phone Number Verification

Phone Number Verification Discussions on phone number verification, virtual numbers, TracFone, Google Voice, forwarding and more.

Old 04-01-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 93%
Default Toassable digs

Now say you need to verify your number with paypal. They will call the real number that you received from tossabledigits and it will be forwarded to your number you provided correct? or will they come back and say that is not the same number listed for that address or this is not a landline? if this were to happen then you will need them to send you a letter and put in the code they give you but they will send it to a address that is not real. Help me out in this situation please. This did not happen to me "YET" but you never know with paypal. Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-05-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiredofebay View Post
Now say you need to verify your number with paypal. They will call the real number that you received from tossabledigits and it will be forwarded to your number you provided correct? or will they come back and say that is not the same number listed for that address or this is not a landline? if this were to happen then you will need them to send you a letter and put in the code they give you but they will send it to a address that is not real. Help me out in this situation please. This did not happen to me "YET" but you never know with paypal. Thanks
If you are in the UK you just answered the question yourself with 'they come back and say that is not the same number listed for that address or this is not a landline' its now a database registry thing here.

To overcome the address thing you need to think a bit hard about it...

Last edited by simplyjimbo; 04-17-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 04-18-2008

Well this all still seems pretty confusing There seem to be a lot of mixed reviews.

I was actually just about to go purchase a tracfone - good idea or not?
Or is a landline necessary?

Also...does Ebay automatically call you right after setting up your account as a seller account and what about PayPal? I don't ever remember them calling me in the past - thanks!
Old 04-28-2008

Longevity: 92%

i have 2 new accounts, phone # registered are both cell phone #'s. 1 number is my dads cell: hes a grumpy old fart, i think they called, he thought it was telemarketer and yelled "stop calling me" LOL... didnt get supsended, but i reminded him if somone calls for "my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name", take a message for god sakes LOL..
account #2 has my cousins #, she says someone w/ an indian accent keeps calling asking for a name similiar to my ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, but not the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name, she asks to take a message and they just say "no, we'll call back later".. so, so far, i havent had problems, knock on wood.. both accounts are seller accounts and about a month old.
its a hassle to coach all your friends and family about your ⊗⊗⊗⊗ names.. its probably just better to use pre-paids, come to think of it i have a few sims cards lying around with some minutes on them..ill have to dig them up for my new accounts as i am running out of friends w/ usable #'s LOL
Old 04-28-2008

I currently use magicJack - Official Homepage cost 49.00 for product including service plan 19.99 a year. New number and unlimited calls. Can plug land line directly into into it and get phone service anywhere. Check it out I think it's worth it for only 19.00 bucks a year with the ability to change number whenever you want. ( it works through usb port on any computer)
Old 04-29-2008

There is so much conflicting and/or outdated information. If anyone that has recently used a tracfone to verify ebay and pp, could you tell me if it works as intended? $15 is not a big deal, but it's a waste to buy it when we are all here to be making the right choices because

I'll buy a few unit, no sweat... Just wish to know if they still work with ebay and pp. By the way, how long do they last for if you basically use them for verification once?
Old 04-29-2008

all my accounts are listed with cell phones.. not pre-paids, but does it matter that its a pre-paid or cell? havent had any problems. 2 of my account have recieve NO calls that i know of, my dad shhooos telemarketers away, and my other account is linked to my cousins cell phone. my main account has my cell phone, they've called it and spoke to me, no questions about my # or naything, just asking to verify transaction etc.
Old 07-06-2008

Longevity: 91%

Its pretty obviose that a lot of info here doesen't work anymore , due to updates in ebay security. might be an idea to remove outdated info or comments as they confuse new users of the site and waste a lot of there time. ( just an idea ) . slap !! ouch
Old 07-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Gentle slap! With the amount of information here, it is not feasible to delete information because an ADULT can not work out facts. aspkin {who owns the forum} has created forums where information specific to a country can be read {like the UK}. You can read the threads there which are current as regards phone verification.

Last edited by GreenBean; 07-07-2008 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-19-2008
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Would it be possible to use a pay phone in the U.S. as a phone number on ebay? And just go stand by it and wait for it to ring in order to verify the account? Anyone try it?
Old 07-24-2008

Pay phones are now not accepting incoming calls around here. Outgoing only.
Old 08-06-2008

private phone: "PRIVATEPHONE SERVICE ENDED ON FEBRUARY 19, 2008"
Old 08-11-2008

Default www.call-safe.com

i have found this webite and give you a number in seconds

but have not found a way to make it work with paypal

can someone help

Call Safe - free anonymous phone numbers for inbound calls
Old 08-11-2008

Arrow List of telephone number services

I have come accross this list online maybe it will help someone

numbr
Spelled without the e, numbr.com is the new name for craigsnumber.com. It offers you a completely free anonymous number in a very easy way. Just log on to their site and register for a new number, which you can get only seconds after clicking. You can even have a new number if you are away from your computer, by making a simple call on your fixed or mobile phone. Each number is unique and is not recycled. There are also features like call-screening and anti-telemarketing. You can keep the number for a length of time ranging between an hour and a month. The strong points of this service are the ease of use and that it is free.

JetNumbers
Jetnumbers service gives you virtual numbers in more than 50 countries around the world and in more than 3000 area codes. You can be anywhere and have a number with any area code, anywhere. People calling you from these area codes will then only pay local rates. There is also voicemail among other features, including SkypeIn for a much extended list of countries.

Vumber
Vumber is a very good and easy to use service. You can choose any area code you want to get a number with that area code. Plus you have many other features. With Vumber, when the phone rings, you can decide to either take it, send it on mail, play a tone, put it on hold etc. The service is however not free. While I am writing this, the service is at a nominal price of around $5 per month.

Jangl
Jangl allows you to call or text anyone while hiding your number. Again, getting the phone number is not straight-forward; you have to tell them who you want to contact and they will give you a number for that call. As I am writing this, Jangl is in beta and is free. Once they release, the service will be paid. Despite all these, Jangl is a strong service that has become very popular.

Safer Calls

SaferCalls service offers virtual numbers and voicemail, and extends to international calls, but with additional rates.

Ring-To Number
Ring-To Number gives you a free anonymous number that you can use on social networks, but requires you to place a widget on your personal page that will generate the number. The service is free, but there is a premium price for those who want to get numbers with area codes.

oncetel
oncetel offers free anonymous phone numbers, but people who call you on these numbers will have to pay small fees. What is also good with oncetel is that you can get the number instantly online through their web interface.

Call Safe

Call Safe is also free, but charges a small fee for the person calling you on the anonymous number. The duration of your number ranges between an hour and a week.

Stealth Number
Stealth is a service with many features, but it costs a nominal monthly fee. Also, obtaining a number is not instantaneous.

Tossable Digits
Tossable Digits is a paid service giving you an anonymous number, with features like call screening, voicemail etc. Subscribers have a 30-day period and 1000 free minutes at the start.

MyAdBox
MyAdBox is a privacy package that has plans ranging between $5 and $20, all offering an anonymous phone number and email address. You can even set up greetings. It is principally designed for people placing ads on newspapers, web pages or elsewhere.

Last edited by ebay; 08-11-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-02-2008

Longevity: 90%

UK payphones do still work, I did it yesterday,1st sept 2008.

When the ebay voicer asks to press a certain nuber to accept the call and trigger the code. You will have noticed that the payphone does not send a tone during incoming call.
However, this is the clever part.

Hit the receiver latch several times (very rapidly) when told to press the key....and hey presto! press the number asked for and the keypad will send the trigger tone. Easy as that.
Old 09-09-2008

So far grandcentral seems to be the "free-est" and easiest way to go about the number game. Modee are you able to press the number ebay asks in order to give u the pin while using grandcentral?
Old 09-11-2008

I have checked out a few of the mentioned companies and they do not have numbers available with my area code. But they do have 1-800 #'s available, are they OK to use?

Last edited by fflier; 09-23-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-05-2008

Longevity: 95%

TossableDigits is out, for me at least. It keeps blocking ebay's verification call, saying its a blacklisted number.

This is after I already paid for the service. And on the front page they proudly proclaim "good for ebay and other auction sites"

Last edited by vrb747; 10-06-2008 at 12:00 AM.
Old 10-06-2008

Send a message via MSN to gurusgrafx Send a message via Yahoo to gurusgrafx

I think almost all payphones in the US do not take incoming calls now. Its because drug dealers used them. But when drug dealers couldn't use payphones they started using prepaid phones. Go to walmart drop $9.00 on a prepaid phone get 20 mins of talk time & 60 days of service. If your account stays up past 60 days just add time to your phone for $20 or change numbers and add a new prepaid phone from the store for $9.00 again. Works like a charm. If your trying the phone verification for paypal it seems to not work a lot of the time even if your calling from a landline at the house the address you used is located. Sometimes you gotta go with the letter option.
Old 10-06-2008
Executive [VIP]

This service works wonderfully.
I used it last week when I set up a few new seller accounts on eBay.

Vumber
Vumber is a very good and easy to use service. You can choose any area code you want to get a number with that area code. Plus you have many other features. With Vumber, when the phone rings, you can decide to either take it, send it on mail, play a tone, put it on hold etc. The service is however not free. While I am writing this, the service is at a nominal price of around $5 per month.
Old 10-14-2008

TossableDigits was okay with PP but not with ebaie
TossableDigits was not okay with a gift CC for registration but okay with a normal CC

From Canada with Bell a second line or more it's 5$ each, just a different ring
Have all messages from numbers on the same answering machine from my fax/tel
Old 10-17-2008

So after you get these verified numbers, what happens if you call ebay's or paypal's customer services? I think they still recognizes and traces to your older phone number. I know many companies that can trace you even though you have a new phone number.