AHHHH It feels good to be..... - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-31-2007
Banned

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 97%
Default AHHHH It feels good to be.....

WOW. it feels really good to have my own website and not to use ebay anymore but just and only for fun..

AHHHHH. What a day ...what a day, not to have Ebay!

I told my ol lady I wasnt using Ebay anymore and I even picked up a part-time job until my other 2 business come through and my website sales pick up..(Which should be within 2 months)

I suggest all of you to wean off Ebay. You will wake up stress free and your day will go so much better.

Ebay is very stressful. Not knowing if your going to wake up and account be suspended. Now i wake up to sales from my website...

I have been less stress out after i have decided to give up Ebay and devote my time to to other projects

No longer am i pulling my hair out over ebay cheap buyers trying to blackmail me and stressing out over 1 Neg

Lost 10 pounds ever since I left Ebay alone for good, now I dont sit by my computer and check to see if my account is still good every hour

The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-31-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Lol. I've said this for over a year now. People are only just realizing how much stress eBay puts on you. I was miserable the months I struggled with eBay. I HATED it. If you've read my post from the beginning, you'll know this. It's not worth wasting your time on something that is only going disappear within a few weeks or months. Having your own website is 1000% times better. But people learn at their own pace.
Old 08-31-2007

Longevity: 98%

but you guys make it seem so easy to just make a website and get sales through it. i too, want to make a website, but worry that it will take months/years to get it developed. What would you say to a person wanting to make a website who has NO website experience and NO seo experience?
Old 08-31-2007

Longevity: 99%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysucks12345 View Post
but you guys make it seem so easy to just make a website and get sales through it. i too, want to make a website, but worry that it will take months/years to get it developed. What would you say to a person wanting to make a website who has NO website experience and NO seo experience?
I agree you guys act like its simple as one two and three its like someone teaching a bum off the street chemistry you just dont know what your gonna get. Also building a webstie and trying to get traffic there is also hard to do...ebay makes it simple something you guys with web experience fail to realize about simple minded average joes...
Old 08-31-2007

Default Ditto...

Agree with rapunzel--(well everything except the simple minded ) it's not that easy. I've been trying in vain for a couple months to get a single sale out of GB, although part of the problem could be their SLOW development time and having to fight the many inoperative functions and archaic listing structure. I'm still working on my own website. I'm a perfectionist so who knows when I'll be finished, but other than the problems I mentioned, it should be about the same with GB as using my own site. You just don't have to pay for it (yet anyway)
Old 08-31-2007

Longevity: 96%

Right...it is just that easy.

My biggest problem is that I don't have a niche for items on EB...

Just buy stuff I know I can resell at a profit.

Having your own website is like having a specialty store (like a drugstore)

Selling on EB is like having a rummage sale/flea market

Plus how do you drive the traffic to the site?
Old 08-31-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

AHHHH

See alot of you is just making excuses for yourself like I did. you are not go getters out all and will blame others for your mistakes for the rest of life..lol

I use to say the same thing until I took the time to build my website. Working on it 5 hours a day, I had it complete in 4 days.

You have all the help you need in here. Aspkin is more then willing to help you guys. And if you need a website built I can build one for you or you can also buy premade websites and just add your products. It is really alot easier then you think.

Don't worry about traffic, you can use pay per click, and also you can advertise on Ebay easily.

i'm not worried about traffic right now, it'll come.
Old 08-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
AHHHH

See alot of you is just making excuses for yourself like I did. you are not go getters out all and will blame others for your mistakes for the rest of life..lol

I use to say the same thing until I took the time to build my website. Working on it 5 hours a day, I had it complete in 4 days.

You have all the help you need in here. Aspkin is more then willing to help you guys. And if you need a website built I can build one for you or you can also buy premade websites and just add your products. It is really alot easier then you think.

Don't worry about traffic, you can use pay per click, and also you can advertise on Ebay easily.

i'm not worried about traffic right now, it'll come.
well I need money NOW ebay gives that to me within 7 days or less.....after spending too much money in MI and FL this summer..well........
Old 08-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebaysucks12345 View Post

I say do it anyway. Making a website is easy if you find the right website builder. I spent a long time reading about SEO, knew nothing about it... 4 weeks after my site is up, I'm on p 2 of google for some of my keywords. DON'T GIVE UP!

Funny thing is, I actually bought an ebook off of ebay for $0.01 on how to get high ranking on google. It got me suspended for buying a cheap item, but it was the best investment I ever made!
Old 08-31-2007

i taught my self webexpesssion by microsoft but sites live volusion have premade stuff so you just fill in the blanks. but be careful cause they start charging as soon as you buy the acct so if you arent fast at working on the site youll loose $$$$ quick.
Old 08-31-2007
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

It's not easy! For beginners it's not easy. But it's necessary.

The biggest mistakes I see all the time with new website owners are they're not taking the final plunge. Jack, I'm a perfectionist too, but I know that sitting on something until its perfect won't bring any sales. I started a brand new website yesterday, it's already made me 3 new sales overnight. I'm using Google adwords for now, but will eventually use SEO to bring in most of the sales. The thing is, once you have a 'functional' website, which my website is, start selling right away. It can be a default template of the shopping cart, and it'll be fine for getting started. It will take you years to perfect a website. My main selling website I started over three years ago, I still work on it everyday. Design wise it's done, but SEO wise it's an on going marathon. It's fun for me, a hobby. That website now is on auto pilot making thousands a day in sales.

Also, if it were so easy to create and make money off your own website, no one would be selling on eBay. I understand this. But do you want to always be stuck with eBay. Don't you want to lift the fear of being suspended at any given time?

Take the time to work on a website, get it functional, start selling and then perfect it.

If you can make an eBay auction, you can create a web page.

I'll add this to my to-do list for my blog.

How to create your first website!
Old 08-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherebayhater View Post
i taught my self webexpesssion by microsoft but sites live volusion have premade stuff so you just fill in the blanks. but be careful cause they start charging as soon as you buy the acct so if you arent fast at working on the site youll loose $$$$ quick.
wow. Volution is expensive! I use highpowersites.com It's all online. automatic froogle feed, add your products and go! $19/mo ($16 if you pay ahead 1 yr). You do have to do some seo, but they have lots of supporting docs to help and their customer support gets back to me within a couple hours.
Old 08-31-2007

a good friend of mine uses volusion ill tell her about highpower. i build my own but now i have to find a dang cart grrrrr... lol
Old 08-31-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
WOW. it feels really good to have my own website and not to use ebay anymore but just and only for fun..

I told my ol lady I wasnt using Ebay anymore and I even picked up a part-time job until my other 2 business come through and my website sales pick up..(Which should be within 2 months)

I suggest all of you to wean off Ebay. You will wake up stress free and your day will go so much better.

Ebay is very stressful. Not knowing if your going to wake up and account be suspended. Now i wake up to sales from my website...

I have been less stress out after i have decided to give up Ebay and devote my time to to other projects

No longer am i pulling my hair out over ebay cheap buyers trying to blackmail me and stressing out over 1 Neg

Lost 10 pounds ever since I left Ebay alone for good, now I dont sit by my computer and check to see if my account is still good every hour

Just yesterday you posted this

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/ebay-su....html#post8665

I linked a new paypal and new ebay account today and listed 10 items. So far so good
Old 09-01-2007
Banned
Threadstarter  

Yes I did, but did you read my post correctly? Go back and reread it ,then reword your post for me

Old 09-01-2007

Hi Aspkin,
Hope Im replying to this in the correct place?
Anyway,many thanks for your valuable insight with regards to ebay and websites.

I am 90 % ready to launch my first website as I also cant be bothered with this ebay drama but would like to get back onto Ebay to keep some income flowing until such time as I have learned some more with regards how to drive traffic to my website.
Boy its a minefield out there for a non computer bod,learning about clicks , keywords, unique quality content etc etc etc, all new to me!!!!
I can see why many people stay in Ebay as its rather daunting but Im ready to embrace a new challenge.
i read your other blog regarding how to drive traffic to a site but can I ignorantly ask ( please excuse if I sound thick!) but on a site where Ill be selling shoes and shoe accessories, I figured that visual info and less written info was the way to go to sell these products so where does this 'unique and interesting and ever changing ' content come in that you say SE like Google are looking for... any tips in plain Englsih would be so helpful.
Thanks again
Fran
Old 09-02-2007

If you want traffic, you need to have CONTENT. If you just have photos, google won't see what you're about. You have to use your keywords in your content. If you want good listings, write, write, write!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
Hi Aspkin,
Hope Im replying to this in the correct place?
Anyway,many thanks for your valuable insight with regards to ebay and websites.

I am 90 % ready to launch my first website as I also cant be bothered with this ebay drama but would like to get back onto Ebay to keep some income flowing until such time as I have learned some more with regards how to drive traffic to my website.
Boy its a minefield out there for a non computer bod,learning about clicks , keywords, unique quality content etc etc etc, all new to me!!!!
I can see why many people stay in Ebay as its rather daunting but Im ready to embrace a new challenge.
i read your other blog regarding how to drive traffic to a site but can I ignorantly ask ( please excuse if I sound thick!) but on a site where Ill be selling shoes and shoe accessories, I figured that visual info and less written info was the way to go to sell these products so where does this 'unique and interesting and ever changing ' content come in that you say SE like Google are looking for... any tips in plain Englsih would be so helpful.
Thanks again
Fran
Old 09-02-2007

Thanks for that aaa1... so those all important key words Ive got will go into the content...do these spiders search all pages of the website or more for the homepage?
I personally hate to have to wade through screeds of writing if Im buying something ( a girl's thang I suspect!) To us, less says more but obviously these SE are guy designed things...lol!
Will try the heaps of writing thing then with those keywords involved.Just dont want to go overboard as thats not the look I want.

Do those meta keywords get picked up by the SE or not?
all suggestions gratefully received!
cheers
Fran
PS would anyone know if the names from the old story books like Cinderella, Snowwhite etc which are popular disney characters have trademarks on them? The books were round long before Disney picked them up.
have tried to research this but cant find any firm info. I have some products which are not Disney products basically.... if the name Disney is not used on the site, would anyone know if I can still use cinderalla etc on these products?
Old 09-02-2007

I will ask my sis in law... she works for disney marketing, her office patrols these things... give me a couple days

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmack View Post
Thanks for that aaa1... so those all important key words Ive got will go into the content...do these spiders search all pages of the website or more for the homepage?
I personally hate to have to wade through screeds of writing if Im buying something ( a girl's thang I suspect!) To us, less says more but obviously these SE are guy designed things...lol!
Will try the heaps of writing thing then with those keywords involved.Just dont want to go overboard as thats not the look I want.

Do those meta keywords get picked up by the SE or not?
all suggestions gratefully received!
cheers
Fran
PS would anyone know if the names from the old story books like Cinderella, Snowwhite etc which are popular disney characters have trademarks on them? The books were round long before Disney picked them up.
have tried to research this but cant find any firm info. I have some products which are not Disney products basically.... if the name Disney is not used on the site, would anyone know if I can still use cinderalla etc on these products?
Old 09-03-2007

HI Aaa1,
many thanks for your help.....I have seen people on the net deliberately misspell the names when not the licensed product i.e Lightng MQueen Carz so dont know if thats kosher or not.
Old 09-04-2007

hey, can I see one of your websites? It's kinda hard to picture what you guys are talking about lol.
Old 09-05-2007
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Thumbs down Using A Word

have tried to research this but cant find any firm info. I have some products which are not Disney products basically.... if the name Disney is not used on the site, would anyone know if I can still use cinderalla etc on these products?[/QUOTE]

Fran:(
No you may not. The corporation got a copyright on these names. They
have the Disney trade mark so you must be VERY VERY careful. This happened
even before the web etc was in widespread use. My understanding is you can
not even use a 'variation' of the name.