Justed sold my first site - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 07-05-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Justed sold my first site

Hi all thought I would share my first sale with the forum members.

I registered a site on the 22nd of june with the intention of using it to promote CPA offers. I mentioned this on another thread a few days ago. I created 2 landing pages on the site. One was for maxbounty promoted offers and the other was for ebooks with clickbank. I added articles to the website. I gave the website high authority backlinks and created a social media network around it interlinking with each other.

My mind was going crazy with ideas to promote CPA offers so started other website projects. I was looking into site flipping -selling websites - for sometime but didnt really concentrate on it too much. Everywhere I went I was reading about flipping sites so thought I would test it with this site of mine.

The domain was a .info which isnt valued alot especially for when your selling a site. Anyway I put it up for sale and thought I would give it a buy it now price of $350 - I dont know why I chose this figure but just did. 3-4 days later I got a message asking if i would go any lower so i told him to make me an offer - he offered $200 and I replied back with $275 - we both agreed.

Now that was my first flip and the website didnt even make any money. The website increases in value if you can show that the site is making money.

I was pleased with the outcome and will be giving it a shot again but this time with the intention to sell from the start. However I will get the website to make money before I sell.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-05-2009
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

That's not bad, especially for a .info site.

So this site was promoting a CPA offer? Was it a squeeze page of some sort or what?

Was it custom?

Good job,
Old 07-05-2009

Longevity: 86%

CPA! Wonderful, indeed.

I love HydraNetwork, solid tracking system and I feel that they don't shave leads like other CPA Networks. Of course, it's always better to work something out with the advertiser and see if your volume would allow you get a white label.
Old 07-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi Aspkin
Here have a look at the site yourself- nothing special but the buyer liked it and could see the potential. There are 2 landing pages. the home page and the hair loss page.

hairweightloss.info

Last edited by GREMLIN; 07-06-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 07-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

How long did it take you to make that site?
Old 07-06-2009
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
Hi Aspkin
Here have a look at the site yourself- nothing special but the buyer liked it and could see the potential. There are 2 landing pages. the home page and the hair loss page.

hairweightloss.info
Not bad, good stuff!

Maybe if that guy is lucky he'll make his money back in 2-3 months though.

Nice wp theme, and work.

Question for you, where did you sell it? I should try and off load some old blogs myself.
Old 07-06-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi Philly

This was the first ever wordpress site that I made. I didnt find it difficult as im fairly used to css and customising the templates - to be honest I think it took about 3 hours or so.

I can pop up wordpress sites much quicker now.

I had the articles scheduled on it so the site would publish a couple of posts a day.

Other then that I must have spent an hour or so building backlinks to it

--------------------------------------------------------------

I sold the site at flippa.com - im sure the customer will make money sooner then 2-3 months if he keeps building the site - All he needs is a few $30 sales. I also showed him how I was gonna make money with adsense so he could go down that line also. He could get a opt in list and maybe even compose his own ebook.

Last edited by GREMLIN; 07-06-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-06-2009
Executive [VIP]

I see there aren't very many backlinks to it. I'm surprised that you already have page rank of 1 with not much work put into it at all! Good job!
Old 07-06-2009
Threadstarter  

the key is quality backlinks rather then quantity
Old 07-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

Hey there gremlin,

Nice job on that site. I like your customization.

It's good to hear about people having success in this business. Especially 1st try.

How did linkmarket work out for you, do you recommend them? I checked them and they only two way links ?, or can you setup a threeway?

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2009
Threadstarter  

Cheers cynic
I was using link market here and there but they didnt help much. Its all 2 way link exchanges. Im sure you can work something out for a 3 way exchange. When you make a link transfer request, just leave a note saying that you'll link back to them from another site.

To be honest I dont bother with them anymore. Ive found myself some nice high page rank backlinks that work a treat. Many are mentioned in your last post - I dont do any directory submissions either -

Just good old on-site optimisation - high quality backlinks and a shield of web 2.0 social media sites floating around the main domain building a network empire...lol. Seems to be working fine. of course there's always the article marketing and using video submissions - rss feed submissions - forum postings - blog postings and many more things you can do to make sure you dominate the search engines.

One thing I wanna look at is video marketing - The youtube vids rank very well in search engines.
Old 07-09-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

You are exactly right about concentrating on getting a few High quality backlinks. a couple of high quality relevant links can be worth hundreds of junk links.

One thing I am really starting to appreciate is places where you can post your site's rss feed. Getting your feed out there really helps.

On the video stuff, that has been very nice to see them show up for a few things.

You ever write articles with the spinners in mind, ex. {phrase 1|phrase 2 |phrase3} kind of thing?
Old 07-10-2009
Threadstarter  

To be honest cynic I have never really done any rss submissions but it certainly is something that I will need to consider.

I took a free trial out on senuke which does the re-writting for you and auto posts the articles to many article directories - I gave it 1 go and its started to hurt my head as i was re-writing parts myself and everytime I went to submit it it would say something like changing the title and it wouldnt accept any of the titles I put.

I know senuke is an excellent tool and they have video tutorials but to be honest I gave it a shot and gave up.

Other soft wares that ive used for re-writing or spinning articles has always ended up with articles that are not readable or very poor quality.

would you recommend any software for this
Old 07-10-2009
Administrator

Check out the free spinner I listed in Autoblog Book. I don't have the URL on me, but it's next to the web 2.0 talk in autoblog book.

It's the same as seNuke's spinner.

By the way I love seNuke, I try to use it everyday.
Old 07-19-2009
Executive [VIP]

I found a great way to help re-write articles. It is called Wordweb. What it allows you to do is right-click on any word and the program pops up and shows many similar words that you can choose from. You can get it here WordWeb: Free English thesaurus dictionary download