Please review my site www.locomolife.com - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-14-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default Please review my site www.locomolife.com

Hi

I built my site about a year but the traffic is very low

LOCOMO - your lifestore

Any comment will be appreciated!

thanks a million
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

What keyword are you targeting?

Site looks great by the way!
Old 08-14-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cynic View Post
I had a look.

The site looks good. Ilikethe color scheme.

Google PR 0
Alexa rank 3.4 million
Compete - No ranking

Yahoo site explorer says you have 2000 links
almost all from youtube and your ebay listings.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for your very detailed advice! You have been so helpful

The most easiest thing is to add the link on youtube as you said. Actually I know nothing about website, I built this by Zencart which used me tones of time (imagine a person who know nothnig about php...)

I also found some problem on the RSS, however I do not actually address the problem. Do you have any idea how to fix it? Let me know if I can provide any information on it!

thanks a lot
Old 08-14-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 92%

I had a look.

The site looks good. Ilikethe color scheme.

Google PR 0
Alexa rank 3.4 million
Compete - No ranking

Yahoo site explorer says you have 2000 links
almost all from youtube and your ebay listings.

Your RSS is broken, It should be showing your product pages but nothing comes up.

I checked a couple of your product names on Googlebase - I checked 3 products nothing on Googlebase

Okay,

1st the good.

Site design is excellent

Making youtube videos of your products is brilliant. I see you have 20,00 views on some of your products.

Now what I would do to improve traffic.

#1 Edit all your youtube videos so a link to the product page on your site is in the right hand corner of the description, Just put

---http://yoursite/product in the first part of the description

Like this one Click through to Youtube to see what I am talking about

That alone should give you a huge boost in traffic

#2 Googlebase is CRITICAL, Get your products into GoogleBase. On my site close to1/2 the traffic comes from Googlebase. See my thread on the case study for a easy step by step.

#3 Fix your RSS feed to show your product pages. Then register for accounts at friendfeed and Tumblr. Put your rss feed on your profile pages there. That will give excellent deep linking and widen your link profile.

If you do those things your seo standing and site traffic should dramatically improve.

Cheers!
Old 08-15-2009

Your site looks good - I would buy from it and am sure many others would too.

You need to work on your SERPS.

I have a few recommendations

I would remove the Welcome Guest! Please click here to login or create a new account. which is on the home page and replace it with a keyword rich paragraph. This will help with your seo.

Your featured items sidebox on the left is towards the bottom. It might be a good idea to place it in the top right of the sidebox where you have the login area. Its just so that it has more visibility. Saying that your home page has the featured items in the centre box. Zencart has a function where it will also put your new products on the home page. I would recommend you use that on top or under the featured items in the centre box.

I would also recommend you optimize your page titles and use some good keywords in it. Do a little keyword research and tweak your site around the keywords. Your product titles are fine but your category titles need some work done.

The internal linking on your site is great. :-)

Your website is running a little slow for me - Go to your configurations tab in your admin panel and see if you have gzip turned on - if not turn it on and it should speed it up a little.

If you go to the zencarts free download section you will be able to get some customized buttons for the add to cart - tell a friend etc. they look a whole lot better then the standard ones you currently have.

finaly - build backlinks - your backlinks that you create will help you in your SERPS.

If your not on google base then zencart have a great plugin called google/froogle - use it and set up a cron job -

Other then that just build on them backlinks - you will be amazed with the difference you can get with backlinks
Old 08-15-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post
Your site looks good - I would buy from it and am sure many others would too.

You need to work on your SERPS.

I have a few recommendations

I would remove the Welcome Guest! Please click here to login or create a new account. which is on the home page and replace it with a keyword rich paragraph. This will help with your seo.
Thank you so much for your suggestions
For sure I will tackle the drawbacks pointed out by you one by one.

For the gzip compression, I confirmed that it is turend on already.Will it be the hosting problem? I am currently using godaddy for domain and hosting. Any idea on it? Actually it appears slow to me too. I guess the main problem is the picture size. The thumbnail pictures are actually full sized picture without resizing. This may cause much slower loading time.

Well... I actually know nothing about google base or backlinks. I understand that it must be a very basic knowledge and I should now suppose to ask stupid questions about them here. I will look for more information about them. Thanks again for all your help!!
Old 08-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via Yahoo to philly387

Some of this might help...

Backlink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to Build Backlinks

Those might help you for backlinking. Do a little bit of reading
Old 08-16-2009

Hi here is the google base plugin

Google Base (Froogle) Feeder, ecommerce shopping cart software by Zen Cart ecommerce solution

you might want to look at this plugin for the image resizing - im sure there are many more out there too

Image Handler 2 for v1.2.7, ecommerce shopping cart software by Zen Cart ecommerce solution

If you have any issues then we are here to help

:-)
Old 08-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly387 View Post
Some of this might help...

Backlink - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How to Build Backlinks

Those might help you for backlinking. Do a little bit of reading
Thanks for your tutorial links, I am sure they will be very helpful!
Old 08-16-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hi here is the google base plugin

Google Base (Froogle) Feeder, ecommerce shopping cart software by Zen Cart ecommerce solution

you might want to look at this plugin for the image resizing - im sure there are many more out there too

Image Handler 2 for v1.2.7, ecommerce shopping cart software by Zen Cart ecommerce solution

If you have any issues then we are here to help

:-)
Thanks for your help! Just some more questions:
1) if I installed froogle plugin, I do not need to upload the product to google base again, rite?
2) I actually did install the image handler. However, somehow it crashed with another plugin 'swap image' that I used. As you may see from my product page, the main image will change when I mouse over the thumbnails. When I activate image handler, the 'swap image' doesn't work anymore. I still cannot find a way to use both great plugins at the same time. Do you have any idea on that?

thanks a lot!
Old 08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicfreer View Post
Thanks for your help! Just some more questions:
1) if I installed froogle plugin, I do not need to upload the product to google base again, rite?
2) I actually did install the image handler. However, somehow it crashed with another plugin 'swap image' that I used. As you may see from my product page, the main image will change when I mouse over the thumbnails. When I activate image handler, the 'swap image' doesn't work anymore. I still cannot find a way to use both great plugins at the same time. Do you have any idea on that?

thanks a lot!
Hi
Your product feed will need to be updated every 30 days at the least. Its a good idea to set up a cron job through your server so that the product feed automatically gets uploaded to your froogle account. If you dont set up a cron job then just remember to create a new product feed and upload it every time you add/change products or once every 30 days

I would recommend you post your enquiry on the zencart forum - users are very helpful. It might only be a slight change you need to make or the 2 plugins are not compatible. There are also many more image handler plugins.
Old 08-23-2009
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Hi
Your product feed will need to be updated every 30 days at the least. Its a good idea to set up a cron job through your server so that the product feed automatically gets uploaded to your froogle account. If you dont set up a cron job then just remember to create a new product feed and upload it every time you add/change products or once every 30 days

I would recommend you post your enquiry on the zencart forum - users are very helpful. It might only be a slight change you need to make or the 2 plugins are not compatible. There are also many more image handler plugins.
thanks very much for your reply

actually I did post the enquiry on zencart forum but received no solution. Anyway, I will try to ask again

thanks
Karl