My online Shop - am I doing anything wrong? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 08-22-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Default My online Shop - am I doing anything wrong?

After long time going around, planing, canalizing market, sourcing products, I have finally launched my website.
Bought some products from a company I work for as I work for as import company.
Opened an account with yahoo market, funded some money for PPC, and it actually worked I had visitors coming to my site. Only problem is that there was not even one products sold. and my daily budget of £15 gone without even one sale.
is it worth doing pay per click for me at all ? even if I have sold one or two products, I would not covered my expenses for pay per click.
and why not even one product sold ?
I know it's not a big choice of products, but prices are real bargain.
Any advice ?
I really worked hard to put it all together, I need some advice.

my web site Stars Fashion
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

You still need to do a lot more job for let more people know your website and come to your website.Try to do more ads,including paid or free ads and try to link it to yahoo and google.As long as you get more people come to your website ,you will enjoy your business for your own website.
Old 08-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Getting traffic to a new shop is not easy and its not overnight. It takes time.

You can expect traffic to slowly pick up after a few weeks. Even longer.

If you sign up for google adwords you can get $75 free ads to start off. You can use that and burn through it to see if you get a little bump in sales. And go from there

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/adwordscoupon/

You need to also spend some time learning how to promote the site to your target buyers. A few days on the web learning some tips will go a long way
Old 08-23-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Forget Yahoo, it's a waste of time. Go with Adwords and create HIGHLY targeted ads for your products. Use buying keywords, for example keyword "buy republic light jacket" and link it to your products page for specific item, REPUBLIC Light Jacket - Stars Fashion

I recommend you visit some competing websites and mimic what they're doing to get you started. First off change your font to something a little more pro.

Your website looks great by the way.. all except the finer details (which are very important).

For example your homepage where you say this: I am offering branded products and my prices are BEST around the market!

After years of work in an import company, which imports branded products to UK market, I have started my own online shop.
Through the experience and contacts gained I am able to offer huge discounts on all of my products!

People do not like to put their trust into a ONE person organization.. instead of "I", use "we". Not only that.. this area of your website should instead be used to promote any offers you are having at the moment, for example fast shipping, lowered prices, etc.

The way it is now is a turn off.. a negative I like to call it.

You need to get rid as many negatives as possible from your website. Negatives are something that may turn someone away from your site.

Again look at your competitors and mimic what they have on their websites. Then use Adwords to bring in targeted traffic while you build up your SEO.

Good luck!

By the way, check out Webmaster Blueprint – Learn How to Build & Market Your Own Business Step By Step! for more tips on setting up your site and promoting it.
Old 08-23-2010

Longevity: 79%
Send a message via AIM to DAILYHUNDRED

I always have luck to getting traffic to my e commerce stores using social media. But just don't spam everybody with it, you have to target them carefully. Twitter, myspace, facebook, youtube there are tons of free traffic sources you can get overnight.
Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 89%

Hi - other then the points that Aspkin mentioned I would also like to add to it -

As you clearly noted you got visitors but not sales - even though this was done using paid traffic its very important that you capitalise on all visitors - at the end of the day a visitor is a potential customer so yes work on the areas that Aspkin has covered - your website is what needs to convert the traffic - getting the traffic is what your working on with adwords-

So traffic without a converting site is a waste and the same for a great site without traffic - Both areas need good focus -

To start off with I would suggest using google base if your not already on there - Also look into SEO - SEO will be your most cost affective way to get traffic and holds the best return on investment -

Ive read Aspkins book and its a recommended read -

And yes use google adwords and not yahoo
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREMLIN View Post

its very important that you capitalise on all visitors - at the end of the day a visitor is a potential customer

So traffic without a converting site is a waste and the same for a great site without traffic - Both areas need good focus -
Wise advice to say the very least.

Think of your site as a store in a massive shopping mall with people walking by all day long. You want them to come in and you want them to buy when they do. So its really two separate areas. Get their attention and getting them to buy.
Old 09-01-2010

Longevity: 80%

focus on google only .. again google only and you will rock it and roll trust me i have used yahoo for long time and is nothing and Null result
Old 09-01-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,925 Times in 8,217 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Yes the google is key and you can still get adwords and such for cheap.
Old 10-24-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Twitter and FB are amazing at getting the traffic!