Researching a Niche - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Old 02-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Researching a Niche

Can someone recommend the best way to research a niche to see if it's viable? I've got 5-8 in mind. I would love some advice before I invest in a domain name and website! Since I'm a beginner I thought I would start with a bans site and go from there?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-23-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 100%

BANS makes money. I hear of people making 500-600 their first month with it.

I haven't tried it yet, but I want to soon.

As for niches I go for what pays well and what I know something about; like web hosting. Web hosting companies are paying 50-100 per signup. I love anything to do with websites and making money online. I have my own server, had many many websites, and dealt with all there is when it comes to web hosting. Just find something you enjoy talking about and go for it.
Old 02-24-2008

Is it really hard to get running? I'm really interest in the concept but I can't afford to pay big adwords campaing and that kind of thing... Let say I would put 200-300 to start would I be ok?

BTW thanx Aspkin! I've read some infos on your blog and they really help me out in the affiliate market, I'm now making a few hundreds/month on Clickbank
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Nice topazcorp,

The good thing about getting started is, you usually only have to do it once to get money rolling in for years to come.

For example: I created a landing page comparing similar products about 6 months ago. A very nice, 4 page site with the meat of the content on the index page. I setup targeted adwords campaigns and ever since I've made 50-200 a day off it - on auto pilot.

It just takes a few days of hard work setting up your site, find competing products, getting your reviews nailed down and setting up your adwords campaign to have years of income off your work.

After you have a successful campaign start work on another one. And another and another until you're making $1000 a day.

That's the fastest way to make money with affiliate marketing.

You can make a lot of money fast or you can lose a lot of money fast if you're not careful.

A slower, cheaper way is SEO. Creating large content sites targeted to one niche. The more pages of content you create the more traffic you'll receive and more commission you'll make.

I plan on creating a web hosting site soon, in which I write reviews and blog about web hosting companies. I'll also have paid reviews, and pay people to write content for me to make it grow faster. The more content it has the more money it'll make.

With 200-300 you can start a small adwords campaign with a $10 daily limit. I would direct link at first to test a product. You can cloak a link to fool adwords for a direct link. And just target a few keywords in phrase matching. If your campaign is targeted to the people with their wallets out ready to buy, then you'll convert.

There are lots of little tricks you can do to lower your PPC cost, and increase conversions. Let me know and I can help you out.
Old 02-24-2008

When you say direct link Apskin, do you mean just use the hoplink as your adwords URL?
Old 02-24-2008

please don't tell me i'm asking a stupid question, but this is all new to me, and basically i don't even know what you are talking about. is there a site that i could go to that would teach me all about this affiliate stuff? like a "starting your own affiliate site for dummies" type of thing? i am pretty sure i could teach myslef how to do it. any info would be great. thank you.
Old 02-24-2008

Longevity: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post
please don't tell me i'm asking a stupid question, but this is all new to me, and basically i don't even know what you are talking about. is there a site that i could go to that would teach me all about this affiliate stuff? like a "starting your own affiliate site for dummies" type of thing? i am pretty sure i could teach myslef how to do it. any info would be great. thank you.
Google search on Bans.. Buy a Niche Site...
Old 02-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Thanks Aspkin. The comparison/review idea turned on a lightbulb for me! LOL I've been working on a large content site for several weeks now. I've got about 50 pages so far but don't like the look of the site. I'm php illiterate! I've tried several php open source CMS but they're not for beginners or very user friendly. I'm trying to work with Drupal right now but it's a slow process for me. I think I'll shelve that website for a while and try to get something else up and running!
Old 02-24-2008

Ebayvictim, try websitebaker! It's an absolute DREAM CMS, and I'd reccomend it to anyone. If you don't like it, I'l pay you $400.

Actually no, I won't. But I'l be very suprised if you don't like it
Old 02-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Man, I got so excited when I saw your post....then I scrolled down and read the rest! LOL I'll check it out! Tell me, does it requires a zillion modules, etc....? That's where I'm getting stuck!
Old 02-24-2008

By the way I've found this website: CSS Templates (Page 1 of 23 ) - Free CSS Templates

They are offering free website templates and a few of them looks great! Might help folks here who aren't webdesigner and people who don't want to spend massive ammounts of time creating templates for their site!
Old 02-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Any suggestions on web hosting??? I've only used Yahoo in the past but think maybe I'm paying too much?
Old 02-24-2008

I'm using godaddy, cost me something like 4$/month!
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisinc View Post
When you say direct link Apskin, do you mean just use the hoplink as your adwords URL?

If there is no competition you can do that, but usually another person is doing that already. I mean using a cloak link. PM if you want to know more cloaking links, I have some software you can use if you want to try it out.
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by twdell View Post

Basically you're selling someone else's product for them. If you make a sale you get a commission. That's it.

There are affiliate networks that have venders offering affiliates commission if you sale their products. Some big ones are CJ.com, Clickbank.com, Agoogleads.com, neverblueads.com.

You can sale Blockbuster Online movie subscriptions, eBay products, eBooks, advertise for web hosting companies, Amazon or who ever.

I just started affiliate marketing about a year ago. I started with Clickbank promoting some eBooks that go well with a few of my websites. I simply added some banner ads, and people bought. I'm making $17-$25 per sale.

You see the banner ad up top for Build your own Niche store? I get paid $44 every time someone buys the software; even though you guys don't seem to dig it, its still there waiting to make me commission.

By the way, you guys are hard to convert.
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayvictim View Post
Thanks Aspkin. The comparison/review idea turned on a lightbulb for me! LOL I've been working on a large content site for several weeks now. I've got about 50 pages so far but don't like the look of the site. I'm php illiterate! I've tried several php open source CMS but they're not for beginners or very user friendly. I'm trying to work with Drupal right now but it's a slow process for me. I think I'll shelve that website for a while and try to get something else up and running!

I know what you mean. I think I'm going to tear apart wordpress to make me a nice CMS that works well with my web hosting affiliate site. It takes work! But it can really pay off.
Old 02-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
You see the banner ad up top for Build your own Niche store? I get paid $44 every time someone buys the software; even though you guys don't seem to dig it, its still there waiting to make me commission.

By the way, you guys are hard to convert.
NO, I don't see banner!!! On top of the forum page???? I have never seen a banner there!
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Lol, you don't like the banner?
Old 02-24-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

It's the one that says "build your own eBay business - without selling a thing"
Old 02-24-2008
Threadstarter  

Ok, I know I'm not crazy

Where is the banner????
Old 02-24-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

mine is at the bottom..
Old 02-24-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayvictim View Post
Ok, I know I'm not crazy

Where is the banner????
Okay, not at the top but after the First Post in a Thread.