Please review my site - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > General Platform Discussions

General Platform Discussions Discuss other platforms (marketplace accounts, payment gateways, ad accounts, social accounts and more). In other words, if it's about another platform and it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 75%
Thumbs up Please review my site

Hi

I built my site about a half year but the traffic is very low

Any comment will be appreciated!

thanks a million

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-10-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Spammy
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-25-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Nice clean setup - seems like you have to increase traffic by advertising.

I don't know a TON about electronics but I feel that your prices aren't the most competitive however...
Old 04-10-2011

Not bad. Looks good and is easy to navigate..

I see you created a facebook account and linked it to your site. That has gott help with bring in traffic. Nice.
Old 04-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 6%
Longevity: 76%

Yea, those prices ain't flyin'. Can you afford lower? Example, Nokia N8 can easily be found for $399 in many places. You sell for $600.
Old 04-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The site itself is nice and clean. It looks professional.

However, as others have pointed out, in some cases the prices are high. For example the NEW ASUS EEE PC 1215N NETBOOK - BLACK you have listed for $612.99. When I look for the same thing in Google Shopping, I see that most stores have it priced between $460 - $500.

On other items, however, you are competitive. The NEW CANON POWERSHOT G12 28MM for $506.99 seems to be in the ballpark. I would feature the competitive items somewhere on the front page. You DO have some featured items, but no prices. My first impression would be that the prices are high, and therefore, hidden.

Also, somewhere on the front page (usually in the left column) you should have a way for people to enter their email addresses to sign up for your newsletter. It should be emailed no more than once per week. You could feature sale items, hot deals and even provide information on the newest gadgets, or even reviews of new stuff coming out. Although few people will sign up, it builds over time.

Whenevery you make an eBay/Amazon sale (or a sale somewhere else) you should either include a printed ad for your website with the item (against the rules on Amazon, but almost nobody will report you) offering a discount, or a coupon. At the very least, let people know you exist. If you can have your logo printed on your shipping boxes, that would be even better.

I also noticed that when I click on a category, Digital Cameras for example, the first items that come up are camera lenses. This may be the correct way to do it - I'm not an expert, but I would think that displaying the best deals or the most popular items at the top would be the way to go. A specialty lens made for a specific camera is not likely, in my opinion, to be of interest to very many people.

And here is a general thought, not meant as a criticism of your specific website...

In my experience, niche websites that include content will do better than general websites. My bookselling website only lists books that are out of print. Why? Because these have markups that I can live with. If I tried to sell books on the NY Times best seller list, I cannot compete with Amazon. They can SELL those books cheaper than I can BUY them for wholesale.

I include descriptions, sometimes author information, or whatever I can quickly researtch and put together. I never copy and paste from other sites. Google does not like that, and it could get you into legal trouble as well.

I've had bookmarks printed with my URL and 800 number. Nothing too fancy, but they look nice and it keeps my website in the minds of my customers.

I am, also a HUGE FAN of COUPONS. Everyone likes to think they are getting a deal. The ones that work best for me offer a certain dollar amount off an order above $X - for example, take $5 off an order of $25 or more. Free shipping also works well. Percentages work too, but the response rate is not as good.

I view my websites not as a way to get new customers, but as a destination to refer my eBay and Amazon customers to. I save the 15% in fees, and can offer better deals. This builds slowly, over time, but it works for me.

Keep in mind that what works for me may not work for you. It depends on what your expectations and goals are.
Old 04-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

I am quite sure the real purpose of this guy was to join the forum and then advertise his website.

As a moderator of several medium to large forums and online communities, his style of posting is incredibly suspicious to other typical spammers/spambots I have seen.

Why?

1. He joined very recently with a very random and meaningless name, and his first post was a generic thread with little content saying that "hi i am new here". Normally, I would immediately scrutinize their accounts for any possible evidence of a spambot (ie: their signature, website, msn, etc) as well as an IP check in a spammer database and stop them here.

2. Normally, most spammers would wait for a few days before starting to spam their websites. However, this guy immediately started advertising his website within minutes of joining. What's wrong with this picture? However, I am rather impressed that he discretely did it by asking us to "review" his website, rather than jumping into a straight old spam saying something along the lines of "hey come to my website it got great stuff"

3. Judging on the amount of people that had "liked" his website using the Facebook gadget, his website is far from "low on traffic".

Last edited by BiN4RY; 04-10-2011 at 01:34 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiN4RY For This Useful Post:
biggunn (07-27-2011), TGMT² (04-10-2011)
Old 04-10-2011

Send a message via MSN to ShadyOne

^

I agree, it is almost like he was tempted to post it in the 'Wholesale talk' section but didn't risk it

I like the site though, would like one like that myself.
Old 04-10-2011
Administrator

Thanked 1,568 Times in 861 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 91%

Quote:
Originally Posted by .ISO View Post
I am quite sure the real purpose of this guy was to join the forum and then advertise his website.
I agree, and since the OP is not contributing in any way to the forum we will close the thread. :D
Closed Thread