eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   SEO Services on ebay or Fiverr (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/74923-seo-services-ebay-fiverr.html)

Killed by Ebay 07-01-2014 06:18 PM

SEO Services on ebay or Fiverr

Are these any good?

Just got an website started, Looking for some quality SEO service and understand you need to pay for quality, but at the same time not trying to lose an arm and a leg here.

aspkin 07-01-2014 09:54 PM

Re: SEO Services on ebay or Fiverr

Quality is not what comes to mind when I think Fiverr or eBay... if you want quality either do the work yourself of outsource bits and pieces of the work. I use oDesk personally for the more time consuming work.

Killed by Ebay 07-02-2014 01:19 AM

No idea on where to even start doing it lol and honestly, I dont have the time to learn right now... I will check out odesk, thank you!

Killed by Ebay 07-02-2014 01:22 AM

Anyone you recommend?

rsot 07-02-2014 05:08 AM

GreenBean 07-02-2014 05:11 AM

elance is no better quality, rsot.

OP, stick to aspkin's suggestion.

odesk is a much better site. Use them much more frequently than fiverr or elance.

Why? Completed work is professional and done to requirements. It's not SEO sadly or I would give you a recommendation.

Good Luck

:mod:

unkown5454 07-02-2014 01:31 PM

odesk has no problems with ESL morons who make it impossible to communicate with?

aspkin 07-02-2014 04:25 PM

oDesk isn't one person or a small group of people. You'll find the SAME people on oDesk as you would on eLance but in general since oDesk is the largest, you'll have a bigger pool of people to work with. Personally I like oDesk over the others such as eLance and Freelancer.

About ESL, that's why a quick interview is very important before choosing someone to work with.

jeffweico 07-02-2014 04:32 PM

Fiverr has worked for me, but only with very minor stuff. You cannot expect to hire someone to do SEO for $5 and end up on the first page of Google listings.

If you are looking to increase business on a website, I recommend Six Figure Boss. Aspkin's ideas really DO work.

Manoj daran 09-13-2014 12:26 AM

What kind of SEO? I can help you with that..

danshan 09-13-2014 09:46 AM

For odesk the secret is create a flippa account than get the odesk credit from flippa for odesk. Great way to try out a few freelancers without much risk

danshan 09-13-2014 09:48 AM

https://flippa.com/deals its 100 bucks right now for odesk free from flippa

aspkin 09-13-2014 08:10 PM

Oh that's funny! Nice find danshan!

Sadly I'm already an oDesk member but for anyone wanting to try out oDesk and use a service give it a go. Most of the services I have done are about $100 or cheaper.

I have had content written, SEO work, software developed, web development and even design work.

It's a good idea to interview people you want to work with. A MAJORITY of the people you speak with English is not their first language but they try. :)

I'm wrapping a IPburger.com update with help from on oDesk web developer.

danshan 09-13-2014 08:12 PM

I use fiverr for design of logos and banners and odesk to lay down the content and php

danshan 09-13-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 587861)
Oh that's funny! Nice find danshan!

Sadly I'm already an oDesk member but for anyone wanting to try out oDesk and use a service give it a go. Most of the services I have done are about $100 or cheaper.

I have had content written, SEO work, software developed, web development and even design work.

It's a good idea to interview people you want to work with. A MAJORITY of the people you speak with English is not their first language but they try. :)

I'm wrapping a IPburger.com update with help from on oDesk web developer.

Stealth it aspkin to get the credit!

jeffweico 09-13-2014 09:50 PM

I've used Fiverr for some logos for pages and such, for that it is fine. One guy on there did an analysis of a local site for me and sent a report with recommendations. That worked out OK too. I figured for $5, what have I got to lose?

I would stay away from the SEO stuff, for the most part. ESPECIALLY the 1,000 links for $5 stuff - it could end up doing more harm than good.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel that SEO in general is a waste of time. Making sure your pages are SEO friendly is a good idea and making sure your website meets basic standards is smart too.

But trying to buy your way to the top of Google with links, Facebook likes and stuff like that... I'm just not convinced that it works. EVERYONE wants to be on the first page of Google results, but there are only so many slots. So, if you are selling anything that is popular, it would be incredibly difficult to do. Of course, if you specialize in selling "Patagonian Donkey Balls" then go for it. In that case, you might not even NEED SEO! :pound:

I never did much with SEO on my main site. I built my traffic slowly and over time. I included a flyer with a coupon with each eBay and Amazon order. It does not cost much and a certain percentage of people will turn into regular buyers. I have started to use, thanks to Aspkin's advice, Adwords which are highly targeted and so far, so good. My site does about $6,000 per month in gross sales (NOT PROFITS) and that is not bad.

I think it makes more sense for most people to stop thinking in terms of keywords, articles, links and other such things and START thinking about their Return on Investment (ROI) on paid advertising. That could be including a flyer with your eBay orders, Google Adwords, an affiliate program, or other things like that.

Years ago, you probably COULD hire an expert and get on the first page of Google. You could also BUY your way in to Yahoo. Those days are over, the web is too big now.

When you think of all the SEO going on, and the fact that there are what - 20 results on a Google page? - you quickly realize that a ton of money is being spent on SEO and the results have to be disappointing for most people.

Six Figure Boss is a good place to start, it discusses many potential advertising methods. Personally, I like the idea of affiliate marketing because you know in advance what percentage you will pay on each sale. But Adwords works too. And the BEST way of advertising is to your current customers on eBay and Amazon - you know they are interested in what you are selling. Give them a reason to come back to you and they will. Give them a discount instead of paying a commission to eBay. Offer great customer service. Keep them engaged with a monthly newsletter sent via email.

This is just my opinion based on my personal experiences. Aspkin and others are more experienced with this than I am. They might have better ideas. I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

jobair121 07-07-2015 02:57 PM

just check good feedback then order. many people have ⊗⊗⊗⊗ feedback.
so check first

gonzoman 08-14-2015 12:41 AM

So I guess this is the new oDesk?

https://www.upwork.com/

empirestate 08-14-2015 01:16 AM

yea seems like they changed the name of the website now

malkram 08-21-2015 10:53 AM

may bring short term results but I think it's all artificial, better stay with your current serp than risk being penalized

wwallace1 08-26-2015 08:19 AM

I would stay away from that stuff. Or use only the link builders on fiverr for your 3rd or 4th tier links..

googlelovesme 12-01-2015 08:54 PM

Getting engaged with potential customers through forums, social media, FB groups etc works just don't be spammy, and don't be pushy. Help people out with their problems, offer advise, become an authority and they will be coming to you and recommending you to friends.

Giving your website more value is most important, write informative articles that are unique, professional, helpful, and grammatically correct and people will come back for more, naturally share and link build for you.