Question about buying traffic - eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > General Discussions (Off-Topic) > Sales & Marketing

Sales & Marketing Discuss SEO, Social Ads, Search Ads, Influencer Marketing, Email Marketing and other topics related to sales & marketing.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-04-2014
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (12)
Default Question about buying traffic

Years ago, I spent $40 to buy 10,000 website "visitors" to a site I owned. They all came in the space of an hour and my server almost crashed. I didn't make a single sale. To be fair, the person I bought it from told me that sales are typically few and far between, that it was more of a method to add to my stats than anything else.

I am currently trying to get some traffic to a few smallish sites that I own, mainly for that reason. But these sites all have AdSense on them and I don't want to do anything to lose my AdSense account.

They CLAIM their traffic is human, not crawlers or bots and that any clicks on AdSense would be seen as legitimate by Google. I asked if they could give me traffic where whoever was clicking would agree NOT to clock on any of those links on my site, but they said it was not possible because they cannot control what people do.

So, I am confused. Does anyone have any insight into how this all works and where they get the traffic FROM? I don't need specifics, but would like to get a general idea.

Has anyone had any problems with Google AdSense when they did this?

Good idea or bad idea? All opinions pro or con are welcome.

Any idea what I should be paying for 100-200 hits per day?

And advice, tidbits of information, opinions, etc. are welcome and appreciated. When it comes to the website marketing world, I am not NEARLY as knowledgeable as I am about online sales via eBay and Amazon. What I have done with my main site so far mostly involves sending my eBay and Amazon customers there. This question is not related to my main site, but I'd like to avoid any major mistakes.

THANKS!!
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 09-04-2014
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Oh, yeah, if anyone has any tips on COST EFFECTIVE SEO, that is appreciated as well. I'm not looking to spend $150,000 to try to create "brand awareness" - that was what they told you back in the day after you spent a fortune on internet ads and ended up with no sales and nothing to show for your investment. I am not Nike, I don't NEED "brand awareness".
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-04-2014
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,468
Thanks: 2,832
Thanked 3,534 Times in 1,515 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Quote:
So, I am confused. Does anyone have any insight into how this all works and where they get the traffic FROM? I don't need specifics, but would like to get a general idea.
It can be bots, it can be toolbar plugins that loads the page in the background (people almost never see your website), it can be a number of things. This traffic as your guy mentioned is really about status and inflating your numbers.. it's not for sales or leads in anyway. I wouldn't waste money with it.

It depends what you want with this traffic... whether to people to purchase your products or click on your ads..

Really, if you have products on your website AND you have adsense you are shooting yourself in the foot. I would never place AdSense on a website where I'm selling my own products.

If you want targeted traffic for your website to increase your sales.. AdWords is what you want initially.. that or better optimize your website to rank higher in the search engines.

Quote:
Oh, yeah, if anyone has any tips on COST EFFECTIVE SEO, that is appreciated as well. I'm not looking to spend $150,000 to try to create "brand awareness" - that was what they told you back in the day after you spent a fortune on internet ads and ended up with no sales and nothing to show for your investment. I am not Nike, I don't NEED "brand awareness".
What you want with SEO and any advertising is to target your product buying keywords.. keywords that a person types in Google to locate and purchase your products. If you rank higher for these keywords you can bring in targeted buyers who naturally want your products. It's not about brand awareness.. that's what you get with social marketing. If you want to make sales it's about focusing on the right buying keywords.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/ Get -->

Notice: A SHORT & SWEET PM gets answered before ANY other PMs sent me.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aspkin For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (09-04-2014), jeffweico (09-04-2014)
  #4  
Old 09-04-2014
jeffweico's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7,220
Thanks: 895
Thanked 4,057 Times in 2,168 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (12)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

There is nothing for sale on these sites. My main site has my books and some other stuff and there is no advertising there.

Given your description of the toolbars, I'm guessing these thing exist to rip-off AdWords advertisers? That is something I am not interested in.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-04-2014
aspkin's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 10,468
Thanks: 2,832
Thanked 3,534 Times in 1,515 Posts
Activity: 44%
Longevity: 100%
iTrader: (24)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

No-no, the toolbars serve the people who sell 10k clicks in an hour, they don't click on AdSense ads or mess with AdWords. It's mostly there to inflate your traffic stats if you were wanting to for example sell your website and show that you have more traffic then you say you do.. it's worthless traffic.

Anyway, AdWords is fine. I use it everyday.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/ Get -->

Notice: A SHORT & SWEET PM gets answered before ANY other PMs sent me.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-04-2014
unkown5454's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,177
Thanks: 2,137
Thanked 1,291 Times in 926 Posts
Activity: 31%
Longevity: 66%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Just like Aspkin said...those thousands of f@ke clicks are the same stuff you see for people selling followers/likes/visits for FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's all f@ke to simply make you look popular.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-04-2014
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,960
Thanks: 5,464
Thanked 8,991 Times in 7,020 Posts
Activity: 40%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkown5454 View Post
Just like Aspkin said...those thousands of f@ke clicks are the same stuff you see for people selling followers/likes/visits for FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. It's all f@ke to simply make you look popular.
tricks a la BHW

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (09-05-2014)
  #8  
Old 10-27-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Years ago, I spent $40 to buy 10,000 website "visitors" to a site I owned. They all came in the space of an hour and my server almost crashed. I didn't make a single sale. To be fair, the person I bought it from told me that sales are typically few and far between, that it was more of a method to add to my stats than anything else.

I am currently trying to get some traffic to a few smallish sites that I own, mainly for that reason. But these sites all have AdSense on them and I don't want to do anything to lose my AdSense account.

They CLAIM their traffic is human, not crawlers or bots and that any clicks on AdSense would be seen as legitimate by Google. I asked if they could give me traffic where whoever was clicking would agree NOT to clock on any of those links on my site, but they said it was not possible because they cannot control what people do.

So, I am confused. Does anyone have any insight into how this all works and where they get the traffic FROM? I don't need specifics, but would like to get a general idea.

Has anyone had any problems with Google AdSense when they did this?

Good idea or bad idea? All opinions pro or con are welcome.

Any idea what I should be paying for 100-200 hits per day?

And advice, tidbits of information, opinions, etc. are welcome and appreciated. When it comes to the website marketing world, I am not NEARLY as knowledgeable as I am about online sales via eBay and Amazon. What I have done with my main site so far mostly involves sending my eBay and Amazon customers there. This question is not related to my main site, but I'd like to avoid any major mistakes.

THANKS!!
No programs or provider can help you raise your real traffic now, it's also not good for your website. Don't waste your money to buying traffic, let's build it by handwork, such as raising your content, sharing on social network, using adword..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-28-2014
Subscribed [VIP]
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 37%
iTrader: (0)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

When you buy traffic you are not buying real visitors. You are buying a robot that hits your site. Since the vistors are not realy you will not make any sales, they will not click on ads or other pages. This does nothing but hurt your google rankings. Plus, all the visitors will most likley be coming from another country like China. There is no way that 10,000 visits are not from a bot.

Have have websites that sell products and are ranked the top of google search.
Approx 60% of my sales are generated via search and 40% from creating facebook pages marketing to the demographic who would most likley purchase my products.

PM me if you want more advice on how to get real visitors and sales. Don't pay for traffic unless its adwords or facebook advertising ( hardley ever yields good results unless your products are great)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-30-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

I think the best way to have real traffic in short time is buying adword, or if have a long process, build website follow google guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-30-2014
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,288
Thanks: 4,561
Thanked 6,969 Times in 6,349 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjame View Post
I think the best way to have real traffic in short time is buying adword, or if have a long process, build website follow google guidelines
Have you done this Mrjame?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-06-2014
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 204
Thanks: 2
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 87%
iTrader: (1)
Default Re: Question about buying traffic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Have you done this Mrjame?
I do affiliate for a long time with several websites, and I try many way as bought traffics, backlink, press release, adword, etc.. for make website's ranking high on GG. Buy gg adword is the most effective if you have short plan
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question about Buying a VBA xxbossman111 PayPal Talk 12 12-22-2013 09:05 AM
buying website traffic to send to your ebay stores? w0144224 eBay Discussion! 1 07-26-2010 12:00 PM
Buying Traffic tvaughan08 Sales & Marketing 2 07-24-2008 02:28 PM
Buying Website Traffic, does it work? fallingforme Sales & Marketing 4 03-29-2008 12:16 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts