Packages Stuck In Customs For Weeks. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > WallStreetBets > Dropshipping & Wholesale Suppliers > Shipping Talk

Shipping Talk General discussions on shipping, customs, tracking, USPS, UPS, FedEx, DHL, EMS, etc.

Old 03-29-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 53%
Default Packages Stuck In Customs For Weeks.

Purchased an item off of ebay from Singapore. It went registered mail, and if you are aware of registered mail, it is no longer tracked on USPS website. Using 17track, I can see the tracking all the way up until it lands in the US. Well, it arrived in the US on the 13th of this month. Hasn't arrived yet. It's been 15 days since it got here and I haven't gotten the package, haven't received a letter from customs, nothing. The item is NOT a Vero item. It is a toy that I bought for my kids. Nothing fishy about it, not phony, etc. Usually I get packages within 5-7 days after they enter the US.

To make things a little more suspect, I bought something on ebay from Japan (a similar toy). It was SHIPPED on the 14th of this month. It arrived on the 28th. So the seller SHIPPED it on the 14th, it entered the US, passed customs, arrived to me 14 days later (on the 28th)...meanwhile, the package that was shipped from Singapore and entered the US on the 13th has not arrived. What's up with that? Lost?

Going a step further. I have a small order (25 units) coming from China via USPS. Was sent EMS, so I can see all of the tracking on USPS website. It was inbound into customs on the 23rd...has been sitting like that ever since. I've never had anything sit in customs for more than 2 days. Now it's going on 6 days in customs. These items are NOT Vero, not phony, etc. But between this package showing that it is sitting in customs, and the other package that I mentioned above...I can't help but think they are seized. I hope I am wrong, but it's odd to me that a package that was sent from overseas AFTER this one was already in the US, gets delivered before the other.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-29-2016
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz
Default Re: Packages Stuck In Customs For Weeks.

Call your local customs office and find out what's up with the delay. If your orders are nothing bad, you have nothing to worry about.
Old 03-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Far from being anything bad. Not sure that it would even help calling customs, as their website states they don't keep tabs on packages by tracking number. Only if it's seized, will they assign it a different number and send you a letter.

Really the only one I am worried about is the most recent one, which is a rather large package with 25 items in it. It is NOT phony stuff, however it is $2000 worth of merchandise. The other packages were for myself, these are for profit...sitting around 6+ days in customs
Old 03-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Just received two packages yesterday that were from overseas...these two things I ordered 8 days after the held/missing package that hit customs on the 13th. And my big order with 25 items in it is still only showing inbound into customs. So unless the small package got lost, it is definitely being held back...as I received packages that were ordered 8 days after that one landed.
Old 03-30-2016
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

I think most people will say is it, just wait it out. The packages are being inspected or improper invoice on the packages.
Old 03-30-2016

Longevity: 51%

my personal experience with US customs (from someone sending items into the US) is that they are seriously seriously bad. It drove me crazy at Christmas where some things took 2 months to get to my customers! And yet their replacements would arrive in the same week as the original.

I assumed it was just due to the time of year but sounds like its just a really bad service. Our postal service wont allow us to claim for a missing item to the US until about 3 weeks after the date its meant to have arrived by (which is estimated at 5-7days) so i guess they know how bad it can be.
Old 03-30-2016
Threadstarter  

Well yea, I am waiting it out....about the only thing I can do at this point. I have never had anything sit in customs longer than 2-3 days. Now this one that has been sitting 17 days and the other one 7 days...not looking good from my point of view. The single item that hit the US on the 13th, I am not super worried about as it was for my kids. The latest one is the one I am up in arms over, as that is a good bit of profit. Not sure if it is invoicing issue or what....certainly there is nothing foofoo in there so I am not worried about that.
Old 10-14-2017

Longevity: 37%
Thumbs down Re: Packages Stuck In Customs For Weeks.

Hello all I have a question why in the world US CUSTOMS taking so long after my item cleared Inbound out of Customs on October 8,2017 I just don't understand this I am new to this.. And so far my experience here that after my item cleared it has no updates what so ever..What is going on with US Customs.?
Why are they so slow.? what are their plans with someone else's package.?
What are they waiting for to send it out to me.? Why do we have to wait sooo long to receive our package.? I have seen many complaints on this already with everyone here online. The packages don't belong to them they belong to us.
We pay for services they don't so why the delay.? What is the hold up.? When it cleared..? Why can they just release it after clearing.? I opened an inquiry and it doesn't seem to work either so I was told to wait", Like I said I have never gone through this before I always receive my mail on time.. My name and address is very Legal and very correct for them to take that long to deliver a simple TOY.. WTH. IS wrong with those people there..? Honestly I am not pleased with their services.
Old 10-20-2017

Longevity: 37%

tracking numbers do nothing once Customs gets their claws on stuff. The only tracking info you get is "no delivery time is available at this time". Don't bother calling them or emailing them as you may as well be talking to a wall.

If you are importing an item that is illegal from China they go after the shipper Their turn to talk to a wall too. HA HA. China is importing metric TONS of synthetic chemicals and opioids i.e., fentanyl and its' analogs into the US. Shippers will email you bragging about how they can disguise illegal stuff in cookies etc. Amazing world we live in.
good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to jweav2002 For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (10-21-2017)
Old 12-18-2017

Longevity: 36%

I am having tons of trouble with things not getting here in time for Christmas from China so frustrating cause I don't want bad reviews so I just refund but it's getting expensive to refund these annoying as.s customers.
Old 12-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedByEtsy View Post
I am having tons of trouble with things not getting here in time for Christmas from China so frustrating cause I don't want bad reviews so I just refund but it's getting expensive to refund these annoying as.s customers.
Why sell stuff you don't have in hand then?
Old 12-18-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Quote:
So you are selling merchandise you don't have in your physical possession?
Old 12-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,022 Times in 3,010 Posts
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Welcome to e-commerce at Christmas time. Inventory shipments are always delayed this time of year. Prepare for it next year...
Old 12-19-2017
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfebay View Post
Far from being anything bad. Not sure that it would even help calling customs, as their website states they don't keep tabs on packages by tracking number. Only if it's seized, will they assign it a different number and send you a letter.

Really the only one I am worried about is the most recent one, which is a rather large package with 25 items in it. It is NOT phony stuff, however it is $2000 worth of merchandise. The other packages were for myself, these are for profit...sitting around 6+ days in customs
Huh? Why did we need to know about ‘alt else then?

I have to go feed me hamsters.

Did you know I breed them for rsot. I have help you know.

See... total musinformation so we went off track.

Oh, wtf was the question?

I think NOW I am hoping to say, goods get delayed especially at this time of year.

(FFS I hope that is pertinent to the thread, )
XX…

Last edited by GreenBean; 12-19-2017 at 08:57 AM.