eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   General Platform Discussions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/)
-   -   Shopify & PayPal (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/general-platform-discussions/115437-shopify-paypal.html)

Shassar 02-18-2018 05:32 PM

Shopify & PayPal

I want to start my own website and was thinking about using Shopify because they have a lot of great features. I would have to get a high risk merchant processor for my items and I don't really want to go through the hassle until I see if I can drive traffic to it. I wanted to use PayPal for a while but I'm pretty sure I'll get limited at some point. Does anyone know if I do get limited would I be able to swap to another stealth account without changing the domain or would that be it for paypal. If I wouldnt be able to with Shopify would it work for anything else woocommerce? Wix? Thanks

Gladiator 02-18-2018 06:10 PM

Re: Shopify & PayPal

You can’t swap no matter the domain or host.

There’s a few other payment processing companies that all these websites take, including Shopify that has their own payment platform.

dachilla 02-18-2018 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shassar (Post 902262)
I want to start my own website and was thinking about using Shopify because they have a lot of great features. I would have to get a high risk merchant processor for my items and I don't really want to go through the hassle until I see if I can drive traffic to it. I wanted to use PayPal for a while but I'm pretty sure I'll get limited at some point. Does anyone know if I do get limited would I be able to swap to another stealth account without changing the domain or would that be it for paypal. If I wouldnt be able to with Shopify would it work for anything else woocommerce? Wix? Thanks

There is a way to do it with zen-cart and I'd guess there are ways to do it with woo commerce too. Shopify and wix are for noobs and you can't alter the code.

I'd go with a system that can be handled on YOUR end. Meaning, you get webspace, install the open sourec shopping cart and modify the paypal part. This way you might not get into trouble in the first place.

Senyo 03-28-2018 01:59 AM

Also started on shopify... does op comment mean that I can't open another PayPal to use on shopify if the first gets limited Whilst it's linked to my shopify account?

dallis 03-28-2018 12:49 PM

Why would you need a 'high risk merchant processor' if you're legit?

Shassar 03-28-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallis (Post 910567)
Why would you need a 'high risk merchant processor' if you're legit?

There are items that are not scams but also were not allowed by most processors except the high risk ones like ecigarettes. Although I see PayPal has updated their policy to allow those businesses with approval now. I'm not selling ecigs but just to give an example. Anyway I hadn't looked at the acceptable use policy in a long time before I posted this question but I see they've updated it to include alot of businesses that were not allowed before so I would recommend you check it Senyo if you haven't lately as well. It turned out it's no longer an issue for me anyway.

smokenosmoke 03-28-2021 02:56 PM

Shassar im in the same boat! Sell vape and my shopify works with other payment providers, but im down a lot of money because paypal limited me 3 months ago. People want paypal, its a daily request, they will order but alot dont because they use paypal credit etc

dallis - You cant even use stripe because vape is prohibited along with many others. Alot of merchants see it as a high risk business.

I think dachilla is right because its a live feed at some point paypal will recognise you are using a site which is flagged, unless you can somehow stop the connection, but i cant figure this out

I have a wordopress and opencart site which can block the call back/feed i think, but i would rather stay on shopify

Opencart has paypal standard which you just enter the email, no call back url, but im sure somehow they can see your site without coding to stop it

But if someone has a solution for stealth new paypal > old shopify thats amazing

The only solution i can think of is that you create a manual payment and send a paypal invoice after checkout to the customers email, but its messy trying to collect the payments and manage those along with other payments